Mid Price Options

Discussion in 'AFL' started by shickered, Mar 8, 2012.

1. bigbrowndog

bigbrowndog New Member

@ weazel...cannot disagree at all...but its fun thinking about crazy risky strategies.

@bearfly. Thanks to your insights on Port players, there will be more uptake as many of them seem tasty.

2. Philbya01

Philbya01 New Member

The trouble I am having is fitting in the Prems that I really want and finding enough cash cows that I feel confident will play enough games and score enough points. I seem to have a gap where I don’t have enough funds for another prem but I’m not sure about the rookies I have left to choose from. ATM I have 13/2/15 with Lake and Rohan being my mids (subject to change). I understand what you are saying weazel but I believe there has to be some luck involved and I am hoping my Mids will be prems or at least sub prems ( I’ll take ownership of that term if no one else has it lol) . That said I am a Brisbane supporter and taking a punt on players hasn’t worked out to well for us hey Vossey.

3. shickered

shickered New Member

I just think that if there is a mid price player that can provide a good return on investment then why not jump on them? I won't be loading up on mid prices but I think there is room in the forward line and back line for maybe 2 or 3.
    I won't be looking at Mid pricers in the Midfield as I think this is one area you need to load up with guns. I just worry that some of last years gun forwards such as Pav, ROK, Goodes and the like may start to regress with age and that there may be better value in some of the guys who should make that natural progression with there SC scores ie. Dangerfield, Zaharakis, Christensen etc.

It's risky thinking you will be able to pick rookies at the start and upgrade them all to Guns by mid season and you will always end up with guys who average 80-100 points... Is there any harm in starting out with a couple of them?

4. Len

Len Cockburn Knightrider Staff Member

It takes a lot less points, probably only a single rookie trade, to turn a mid pricer into a premium than it does a rookie. A mid pricer who is guaranteed to earn you points up to the trade and at worst not lose value has to be a better bet than a rookie who has little or no JS.

I was avoiding them, but I will be taking a few for sure.

From tonight alone, Sidebottom, Dangerfield, Ryder, Watson and most of all Porps shone, you would be brave to pick them all, but you just might be dumb to ignore tham all too, just because they don't fit a point profile..

It seems unlikely that a pure GNR strat MUST be the only winning strat.

5. weazel

weazel Member

the beauty with gnr is you get too see who out of the mid pricers has made that step rather than making the guess