Mid Priced Ruck Discussion

Discussion in 'AFL' started by Owen, Feb 4, 2014.

1. Tylo

Tylo Moderator

I can see Mummy scoring fairly well as lone ruck at GWS. Worry for me is he has struggled with injuries in recent times.

2. Bearfly

Bearfly Moderator Staff Member

Tylo wrote:
    I can see Mummy scoring fairly well as lone ruck at GWS. Worry for me is he has struggled with injuries in recent times. Mummy won't be lone ruck at GWS though, they'll play both him and Giles with the later playing forward/bench when not rucking. Plus the worrying thing with Mummy is his ability (lack of) to play a full season!!!

3. Fitzy

Fitzy Guest

Not much talk about Dawson Simpson, with HMac not 100%, Vardy gone, surely he could be a nice choice?

4. cavalah

cavalah New Member

Dawson Simpson I would probably stay away with his lack of pre-season preparation, HMac he will be rested, personally I will be staying away both the Geelong ruckmans

5. Nick

Nick Well-Known Member

Mid priced rucks seem to be falling out of favour... (other than Sandi) Grundy looked a bit off over his games. Hickey and Longer don't seem to have the SC output. Maybe its time to look towards the tried and true. Cox has had a very solid preseason. Could be tempting to get the big man in again for some Sex on the Beach action.

6. Bearfly

Bearfly Moderator Staff Member

Am still liking Lobbe, even if he has dropped off most people's radar. Has shared ruck duties during NAB games with Renouf which won't happen during the season due to Renouf being on rookie list and Redden not likely to be placed on LTI list because he should be back playing SANFL sometime in May to get his fitness up. Means Lobbe will be sole ruck at Port with a little support from Hoff and Jax - just look at his scores in the later half of 2013 when he was in the same sole ruck situation - plus like I mentioned a while ago, he's a tackling machine!!!

7. snoz

snoz Moderator

Bear.....you have finally convinced me. Was going Hickey/Sandi but after watching the last game ~ Hick/Longer will be plodders. Rejigged team to get $$ & Lobbe in. Not convinced, more hopeful.

8. Micksdemons

Micksdemons Active Member

Nick I agree completely except I'm not convinced it should be Cox nor am I convinced on Lobbe - this is probably all redundant as I havnt read the Blog yet !

9. Nick

Nick Well-Known Member

Lobbe would be the next in line after Cox but I'm just not convinced. A quarter of a season of good scores does not weigh as heavily as 5 years of great scores. For that Cox wins out. Wish we had more NAB to see Lobbe!