Mid pricers.... Yours & Why?

Discussion in 'AFL' started by gogonz, Mar 16, 2011.

1. gogonz

gogonz New Member

JPK is $400K.

Do you think he is going to be a $550k + mid by the end of the year? If not, keep off him. Even if you think he'll make $500k, probably not worth it.

2. I was going for 2 originally but with the forward line this year I'm looking at 7 now (including the whore and otten). Yarran, Dawes, jurrah, Gysberts and Petrie are in the mix currently, but I'm still playing around with a few things so it could well change, again....

3. Markaninos

Markaninos New Member

anyone think gary rohan from sydney will go up?
    hes had a few good mentions in his preseason games

4. 11kgm

11kgm New Member

@Markaninos from what i saw of him he is going to play more through the middle along with jetta. I almost see a little Kirk in him he has a brillant tackler in the pre season

5. boydshow

boydshow Guest

$200-$450k I have Krakouer, Higgins & Grimes. Expecting them all to go up a fair bit.

6. crew

crew New Member

@ Markaninos He is a gun mate and has every chance of breaking out.

7. Nick

Nick Well-Known Member

Yarran is in at the moment.

And Foley is looking mighty tasty after last week's scores.

8. SaintsBoy

SaintsBoy New Member

I'm taking the gamble on Foley, First uninterrupted pre season for the poor lad in awhile. Fingers crossed

Other than that, Grimes and Krak are locked in. Been keeping my eye on Maric from the dees, hes looked pretty good but cant warrant having him in my team instead of a 100k rookie at the moment.

9. BennyC88

BennyC88 Member

Daniel Rich seems to be having a good pre-season. Where do people rate him?

10. SaintsBoy

SaintsBoy New Member

<blockquote>Quote from BennyC88 on March 17, 2011, 13:53
    Daniel Rich seems to be having a good pre-season. Where do people rate him?</blockquote>

I rate him as a good midfielder however he's not at the premium level just yet and nor can I see him doing it this year. He only scored 100+ five times in 2010 and was interesting to see that when Simon Black was out for 4 games and Rich received the main tag his scores dropped considerably. (46, 76, 58, 28) He might be another couple years off, or to spite me might have a stellar year.

Just got to weigh up if he suits your team.

11. Markaninos

Markaninos New Member

he may do alright if black and power stay injury free
    but then this will be his last year at the lions

12. Corks

Corks Member

Where's the love for Liam Jurrah? Reckon injury free he could be OK.

I'm thinking of trying to select a team of players that could score the most in any given week (not average, one-off). JRoo, the Rat Pest, Thomas, Jurrah, Lake, Boomer jump to mind. Be interested if I could get some names to fill a team?

13. BennyC88

BennyC88 Member

Haven't heard too much about Andrew Carrazzo. Has been a big point getter, multi-position player.

14. Bettsy

Bettsy New Member

I think Carrazo will play more of a defensive role along with Joseph. Also with Gibbs moving to the midfield more, wont help Carrazo.

15. Carrazo is Carltons main tagger, simply for that I'd stay away. Gun player but one of the worst roles for SC scoring

16. BennyC88

BennyC88 Member

Least this has cleared my mind now. Sometimes the dreaded "tagger" tag doesn't always have a bad omen in SC (Look at Brady Rawlings), but I won't be risking it this time around.

17. gogonz

gogonz New Member

Liking the Jurrah thoughts... could be one out of the box... &#36;350k and could really be a &#36;500k player by rd 22.

Here's one to think about.... Tambling. &#36;295k. #1 draft pick, change of environment, playing for his career, mid 20's, could be &#36;450k + before the end of teh season.