Mike Sheehans Top 50

Discussion in 'AFL' started by stkildathunda, Mar 13, 2012.

1. Lucas

Lucas Moderator Staff Member

So no Priddis, no Kennedy - fair enough not top 10 but man big misses there.
    Rocky not loved either.

SP at 7 is an outrage though, watch Magpies BF board go into meltdown when that is announced.

2. Corks

Corks Member

SP at 7 and Daisy at 11...maybe its just done on total. SP should be 1 and Daisy 17 would make more sense.

3. Lucas

Lucas Moderator Staff Member

Sorry but Sandilands and Goodes better than either Pendlebury or Thomas - because in this case it's a preview for 2012 not a review of 2011 - it's a strange thing.

Thomas 17 fair enough but put different players ahead of him such as Boyd who is the general of the Dogs midfield.

Goodes is a champ don't get me wrong, but you'd have to think at his age, you might defer to the younger stars. Like Mike has already done by putting players like NicNat and Hurley way above their stations.

Then he goes and puts Judd and Sandilands up the top where Murphy and Cox should be higher.

It's a bit of a mess quite frankly.

4. Corks

Corks Member

Agree. Can't believe he's serious this year, seems to be almost random rankings. JBrown in top 20 - seriously the guy is a legend of the game, but he's no longer top 20 player in the AFL.

Murphy is stiff too. 2012 he'll be more important to the Blues than Judd (I can't believe I'm saying that!). Boyd is a champ and has always been underrated by Mike - he goes for flair over substance.

5. Jason

Jason Moderator Staff Member

NDS and Boyd were both All-Australian last year, yet Watson, not AA in 2011, is 10 places higher than these guys?

Agree Murphy stiff.

6. Tigerman

Tigerman New Member

Edit: just saw page two. I love this - clearly designed to inflame people and "get them talking" about a hack.

7. johnnypatch

johnnypatch New Member

seein this is his top fiffty, anyway i can add mikey to my sc league! waste my time, what a joke

8. NotTooSerious

NotTooSerious Member

I feel sick....

Sandi should be at least 10 spots lower than cox, and scarlett?! Come on, he has been a champion, but in no way the 14th best player in the league!! SP was the best player last year, by a mile! And can't even crack the top 5?! The real crime is still, Boyd, NDS, Lids and Gibbs wayyy down!

9. Oodles

Oodles New Member

We all love Jonno Brown. all of us. But he has not been in the top echelon of the game for several years now. Gee I hope he gets back and may do with a little more luck but his perifferal(not sure how to spell that one) is right up there with Kosi. He shouldn't be named higher than Rocky or Redden at the minute. Gaz number 1 and Pendles number 2 for me now. And Fyfe with a red hot bullet!

10. Oodles

Oodles New Member

I feel sick....

Sandi sound be at least 10 spots lower than cox, and scarlett?! Come on, he has been a champion, but in no way the 14th best player in the league!! SP was the best player last year, by a mile! And can't even crack the top 5?! The real crime is still, Boyd, NDS, Lids and Gibbs wayyy down

Agree, agree, agree, agree.

11. Jason

You can just hit the "quote" button on a post you know.

12. Oodles

Oodles New Member

Haha thanks for that. sat there for a few minutes like a spud tryin to work that out. Ta.

13. Jason

'sall good. Welcome aboard.

14. Jason

You were spot on SKT.

Didn't Mike retire recently? Why is he still going with this if he has retired? Clearly it is time to hang up the boots.

15. stkildathunda

stkildathunda Moderator

Do i win a prize :p

I should have posted it as my guess at his top 10, instead of posting the link and that i found it!! haha

16. The_General

The_General Member

We aren't really in a position to say any of this is outrageous are we?

This is purely his opinion of the rankings as at the end of the year from my undertanding.

I can understand how he could believe that Kreuzer, Hurley and NicNat will all be top 50. I reckon the Judd over Murphy choice might be wrong.

17. Corks

Corks Member

C'mon General...Mike's a nutter, pure and simple. No point sticking up for him, he's living in a dream world from about 3 or 4 years ago. Probably hasn't seen a game since then which would explain his Top 50.

If Hurley is in the 25 Best players this year, and Pendles not in the Top 3, then I will give up the game.

18. johnnypatch

johnnypatch New Member

<blockquote>Quote from Corks on March 16, 2012, 07:59
    C'mon General...Mike's a nutter, pure and simple.

bloody oath, next sam newman will be telling us whos top 50!

19. johnnypatch

johnnypatch New Member

1ablett
    2buddy
    3pendles
    4cox
    5swan

20. The_General

The_General Member

@Corks

Not standing up for Mike at all. I just couldn't understand why people thought having Kreuzer etc in the top 50 was so unbelievable. This has absolutely nothing to do with SC or with last season.

I disagree with a hell of a lot of his selections, but I think people were missing the context in which the list was developed.