Mini SC Keeper League

Discussion in 'tsAddicts SC Keeper League' started by Len, Mar 9, 2015.

1. Jason

Jason Moderator Staff Member

Longer overtook Hickey as the No.1 ruck choice at the Saints during 2015. Certainly in potential breakout territory.

I traded the No.1 pick in the ORFFL PSD to get Longer into my team for exactly the same reason as Kel did in this draft - I had no recognised ruckman after Pyke retired.

• Like Like x 1
  2. graeme

graeme Well-Known Member

Surely, if you are interested in maximising value, you post in the thread inviting offers. An analogy: if you have an asset you think is valuable / unique do you (i) sell by private treaty without advertising; or (ii) conduct an auction? QED.

3. Len

Len Cockburn Knightrider Staff Member

He did

4. Kel

Kel Moderator

Fair call. May have achieved a better result. The auction system is not used in orffl so did not really consider it.

5. Len

Its not really here but no reason the approach can't be used, as Graeme has said, it can max value.. no rules means no restrictions on approach ;)

• Like Like x 2
  6. graeme

graeme Well-Known Member

I think you will find Jason noted that Longer was for sale.

Perhaps I am a little titchy because there is no drafting happening. Let's bloody get on with it!

• Like Like x 1
  7. Len

I blame sNoZ, new rule, let's ban Yankees :p

• Like Like x 2
  8. Len

Hasten to add, there is some small but not irrelevant risk one of our three cats will "autopick" for snoz, Zac Dawson would be epic :p

9. Tylo

Tylo Moderator

Pick 2 will have to wait for the morning. Goodnight all

• Like Like x 1
  10. TerryinBangkok

TerryinBangkok Moderator Staff Member

If you look at the illustration on the previous page it appears very unopened and as cold as Chelsea behind a goal post in July.

11. TerryinBangkok

Not often you see the words "Saints" and "potential breakout territory" in the same sentence.

• Like Like x 1
  12. Len

Righto..
    All teams as they currently stand are now loaded into ts, the teams that had dummies now have their real player.
    Les has built a frame that fits us.
    My plan is to finish the draft on SC website, simply to avoid any site issues, and then I propose we ignore it for all time and run the league here where have a far greater level of control.

Now, please remember I want to keep this simple, it shouldn't require anything like the amount of focus our ORF teams do so;

We need to work out a couple of "operational" issues, there are a few key differences between doing it here and doing it there that spring to mind.

1. SC picks the lowest scoring non fielded player who did play and uses then as the auto-emergency
    2. SC provides a waiver system to access the Free Agent Pool.
    3. SC provides for team trades of players at any time, subject to league approval.
    4. Draft periods

For point 1, I need to see what Les can support, but as teams have not been drafted with an emergency per line in mind and I'd like us to be able to nominate 2 or 3 that are used in any position, but in the order listed, ie First, Second, Third or something like that.

For point 2 I'd suggest we have a FA thread;
    Desired claims are listed there following the last game of the round (listing the player wanted, not the delist)
    Players are claimed 48 hours after the completion of the last game of the round
    Waiver list maintained in thread header, last picker drops to the bottom of the list.
    (No FA pool access in the off-season)

For point 3 I'm open to suggestion

For point 4 One per year, ie the one we are in works for me.

Link is here to the team management area
    http://tooserious.net/forum/tsLeagues.php?leagueId=15

• Like Like x 1
  13. YAD69

YAD69 Moderator Staff Member

Surely we can't be changing the rules now half way through the draft!

Also it seems your setting yourself up for a heap of work with the waiver issue in ts.

Other than the trading pre-draft & trading draft positions everything else is already set up in the Hun.

14. Jason

I vote that we don't use waivers.

Alternate proposal, there is one mid-season draft and this is the only way that free agents can be added to teams during the course of the year.

15. Len

If you'd tried to wrangle this bag of squealing cats for 2 months into something usable you'd be as keen as me to get off their site.

One of the things forced upon me by Their site is timing, so yeah, halfway through the draft, however I am simply highlighting differences between sites, no changing anything.

The waiver system is the only fair way to manage ongoing dipping into a FA pool, that's why it's universally used where dipping is allowed. That's not a rule change btw, that's exactly how the HUN did it.

Player list management issues, login issues, potential coach changes, are all shit I've dealt with in the last 8 weeks, if I deal with it here it's a lot simpler for me because WE can decide the rules. As long as we decide to keep them simple (and a waiver system is simple) it will be a huge upgrade.

/rant

btw, I too hate the HUN draft site :)

16. TerryinBangkok

Confess I am a little confused between 3 & 4. Last year I explored who was available in the Pool. Deleted a couple of players and added some new ones in. Waiver was not in effect and there seemed to be no restrictions. Under SC, this would be termed unlimited trading, but I suspect the term trading under Draft refers to trading between teams. So, I am in favour of dipping into the Pool (for all) when this is allowed. This, concurrently, should do away with the need for waivers.

It could well be that I had my dip after the final round and perhaps SC Draft had waivers switched off. But it was possible, so I did it.

17. Len

The waiver was in effect for the first 48 hours after rollover, than all became Free Agents until the next lockout, that might be the confusion?

• Like Like x 1
  18. Jason

The waiver period on the Hun site was limited to just a few (2?) day period. After that, open slather.

19. TerryinBangkok

Yadder, don't think we are changing rules halfway across the river. What has occurred is simply moving the whole deal from the Hun to TS, so we can manage it better. That is a given. Len, in his boundless energy, has just looked at some of the features of SC Draft and is asking, in making the move, do we want to retain all features.

• Like Like x 1
  20. TerryinBangkok

Waiver. Yeah that was likely it. I liked it. So 48 hours was just to ensure a system of first dibs, then everyone could have a go.

Not for one moment suggesting a rule change :cool: but I gained the impression that our current draft order was random as was the first draft. I think the TS system, based on ladder position, is a fairer way to go.

BTW people, I am sitting in a resort that is just great. Bloody hot and hazy in Chiang Mai, but the pools of the non-draft type make up for that.

• Like Like x 1