Mini SC Keeper League

Discussion in 'tsAddicts SC Keeper League' started by Len, Mar 9, 2015.

1. Tylo

Tylo Moderator

Personally I'm investing very little time or care in this (pretty sure I was coping donuts last year cause I forgot to change my team for a month) so I'm happy to roll along with whatever makes things easy

2. YAD69

YAD69 Moderator Staff Member

If it was like for like don't see a problem at all however there are 4 operational issues which are not like for like hence this becomes a change of rules. The emergency rule is the biggest difference lowest score any position to naming your emergency.

From a draft strategy point of view there's a massive difference on who you pick up especially for your bench. Do you pick up a player with a high point average (usually mid) or a player based on position or a player based on keeper (rookie).

I get that you want it on a controlled environment but that should have been sorted before trading & drafting started.

Now I have know idea who to pick up next in the draft cause I don't know what the rules are. I didn't need another mid really for my first pick but I pick one because I knew what the rules were & how they operated through the season.

3. Len

Len Cockburn Knightrider Staff Member

I hear you.

Again, because timing has been forced upon us by the SC website, we are dealing with something in the minute, that's not my style, trust me.

As it stands Les is attempting to get us setup with ONE NOMINATED playing emergency who will cover any donut as full score.
    That's as close to replicating the SC site and draft strategy as we can go simply here.
    More than one donut and you're eating air in the second and third et al spots.
    This is close enough to the SC site's outcome that it shouldn't affect any current squad.

I respect any any request not to take a pick until this is known.

We can back the bus all the way back to zero and redraft if that's everyone's cup of tea, because on this site WE have the power :)
    (Please don't make me do that though)

4. graeme

graeme Well-Known Member

TiB, hope you are really enjoying the resort. BTW, the current draft order is not random. It is reverse finishing order from last year in each (round). I have learnt more about waivers in the last 5 minutes that I did all last year. Had always wondered but did not want to appear even more stupid than normal.

I admit to changing my draft strategy on the basis of Len's note - not that I understood all the ramifications. It just seemed, as YAD69, noted that you should have mids on the emergency bench. That's what alcohol suggested to me.

• Like Like x 3
  5. Len

Yes and no tbh, you still need to cover injuries on each line and you still need to have an option when you spuer-elite-premium guy goes quiet etc so really what you want is a best "next" (typically a mid and thus Yad's comment) an ORF IC equivalent, whose score will only count if you get a donut and once only per round.
    Exploiting it to cover a crap ruck for example leaves you totally open to a real donut and a zero score, as your emergency is already in use.

6. TerryinBangkok

TerryinBangkok Moderator Staff Member

Yes, tbh, I am really enjoying the resort. Swimming pool deliciously cool and much more convivial than the Hun draft pool.

7. TerryinBangkok

• Like Like x 1
  8. Len

OK so here is where we sit.
    1. SC picks the lowest scoring non fielded player who did play and uses then as the auto-emergency
    2. SC provides a waiver system to access the Free Agent Pool.
    3. SC provides for team trades of players at any time, subject to league approval.
    4. Draft periods

Point 1. Les has coded a specific solution for us; the outcome for emergencies is, we get to pick one from our bench players (will show as IC on the selection screen), that player is your only donut saver for the round, his score will count for full points.
    Point 2. Discussion still required, waiver system seems to have legs. Jason has suggested a MSD instead, we do play through the byes though so this would be very short msd.
    Point 3. No real objection to this that I can see if we adapt the SC model?
    Point 4. Really either PSD only, or PSD plus an optional MSD which would be redundant if we allow waivers, discussion point.

Discuss :p

• Like Like x 1
  9. walesy

walesy Administrator Staff Member

If you want for a the lowest non starter to come in, regardless of position. That is also a piece of cake. :)

• Like Like x 1
  10. TerryinBangkok

Can't work out if Walsey is teasing or joshing, or both?

11. Len

I think the randomness of that was effectively replacing a whole donut with half a one, I like our solution better.

• Like Like x 1
  12. walesy

No wucks. Emergency interchange it is then. :D

• Like Like x 2
  13. That KI Guy

That KI Guy Moderator Staff Member

fwiw I am happy with:
    - team trading throughout the year via ts thread.
    - just a single draft per year, a PSD
    - waiver wire claim system via thread on ts. not sure what is the easiest method to maintain the FA list, and whether Len (or someone else) wants to maintain it. obviously a FA list via the Hun would be easy but requires everyone to have their team accurate. that said, if we used the Hun FA list then technically you could use the waiver there too. dunno, just trying to minimise work for someone. claim order I presume would just be reverse ladder order.

• Like Like x 1
  14. Len

Waiver system is very basic to maintain, should look a lot like this, but in a dedicated thread for player movement..

• Like Like x 1
  15. That KI Guy

You are a machine Len. Hopefully sNoZ will take back all those bad things he said about you. :p

• Like Like x 2
  16. Len

Some of them at least :p

• Like Like x 2
  17. Jason

Jason Moderator Staff Member

[​IMG] [​IMG]

• Like Like x 2
  18. That KI Guy

Not the sort of pair I was expecting from you Jase:(

• Like Like x 1
  19. walesy

Hit me up sometime once the season kicks off on this Len, cause I'd love to get some WW action into the tsLeagues

• Like Like x 1
  20. Len

Ok, some very basic rules for this year, can discuss amendments for next year at any time;

Select your squad here in ts leagues
    http://tooserious.net/forum/tsLeagues.php?leagueId=15
    Can also be accessed via the tsleagues drop down on the Draft Tools button from any ts page.

Squads are 2 def, 3 mids, 1 ruck, 2 fwds and a single emergency
    Emergency will replace 1 non player, regardless of position at full points.

We play head to head twice, through the byes with an EPL style first past the post winner.

Rolling lockout applies for the full round

Player movement;
    Will now setup a dedicated thread for squad changes, all trades, waivers and free agent access will be via that thread.
    No player movement during a round.
    No free agent access from the start of the last round until the PSD
    Single pre-season draft each year, squads cut to a maximum of 12 prior to the start of the draft.

We are continuing to use the waiver system for player access;
    For the first 48 hours following the conclusion of each round players can only be accessed from the free agent pool via waiver.
    Following that period and up to 15 minutes prior to the start of the first game of any round players can be swapped from the free agent pool, but must posted here first to prevent two people grabbing the same free agent.

Inter team trades;
    Posted here at any time between rounds during the season, and at any time post season
    3 non participating approvals to pass or 48 hours without objection.
    If there is an objection we discuss it as a group.

Draft Period;
    Targeting a mid-NAB start running for a week or so each year.

Let me know if I've missed or cocked up anything important, basically if it's not listed above it should be covered by what was the pre-existing SC rule/outcome.

Tagging everyone so we all see this post.

@JC @snoz @Tylo @dmandrews @Kel @TerryinBangkok @graeme @Jason @bgt2110 @That KI Guy @YAD69