Mini SC Keeper League

Discussion in 'tsAddicts SC Keeper League' started by Len, Mar 9, 2015.

1. Len

Len Cockburn Knightrider Staff Member

If anyone knows another way to contact JPK please tap him up.. Bloody message to email still down and I am itching to hit randomise...

2. snoz

snoz Moderator

No need to randomize Len, I'll take the burden of the first pick :) ((Which if I did have that pick, please all know I will NOT be making my pick at 2am in the morning - 9 hours from now- you'll just have to wait until I've had my beauty sleep))

3. J_C

J_C Guest

Simonoz wrote:
    No need to randomize Len, I'll take the burden of the first pick :) ((Which if I did have that pick, please all know I will NOT be making my pick at 2am in the morning - 9 hours from now- you'll just have to wait until I've had my beauty sleep)) Soft :p

4. Len

Team 12 unable to join so have shouted out for another, I do have a non-preferred plan B so start time is unchanged..

5. Len

League complete and draw randomised, copy below, note that each second round is in reverse order, snake draft style. Team (Coach)[span class='Apple-tab-span] Order[span class='Apple-tab-span]
    Tiger of Old (Garth) - 1[span class='Apple-tab-span]
    thekidsarealright (graeme) - 2[span class='Apple-tab-span]
    The Untouchables (Jason) - 3[span class='Apple-tab-span]
    Nomad Wildebeest (Dean)[span class='Apple-tab-span] - 4[span class='Apple-tab-span]
    Relton's Revenge (Terry) - 5[span class='Apple-tab-span]
    Bastow FC (Brett) - 6[span class='Apple-tab-span]
    NFI (Jason) - 7[span class='Apple-tab-span]
    Rednecks (Sean) - 8[span class='Apple-tab-span]
    Flanking Glutes (Mike) - 9[span class='Apple-tab-span]
    The Who Dats (Len) - 10[span class='Apple-tab-span]
    Black Cats (Kel) - 11[span class='Apple-tab-span]
    sNoZ Drafting (simon) - 12 I'll tidy up the OP and put the draft selections in there at regular intervals.

6. snoz

snoz Moderator

JC wrote:
    </br> Simonoz wrote:
    </br> No need to randomize Len, I'll take the burden of the first pick :) ((Which if I did have that pick, please all know I will NOT be making my pick at 2am in the morning - 9 hours from now- you'll just have to wait until I've had my beauty sleep)) Soft :p ......and proud of it JC :)

7. Len

Simonoz wrote:
    JC wrote:

Simonoz wrote:

No need to randomize Len, I'll take the burden of the first pick :) ((Which if I did have that pick, please all know I will NOT be making my pick at 2am in the morning - 9 hours from now- you'll just have to wait until I've had my beauty sleep)) Soft :p ......and proud of it JC :) You can enjoy an 11 pick sleep in now.. ;)

8. Kel

Kel Moderator

Coach of the Black Cats reporting in. Won't be home until about 8.00 tonight but will check in as early as I can.

9. Len

Kel wrote:
    Coach of the Black Cats reporting in. Won't be home until about 8.00 tonight but will check in as early as I can. All good mate, will give us plenty of time to bag the selections already made and debate how terrible yours is likely to be ;)

10. Kel

Kel Moderator

you can pm me with suggestions that will most piss off sNoZ.

11. Len

Len wrote:
    Kel wrote:
    Coach of the Black Cats reporting in. Won't be home until about 8.00 tonight but will check in as early as I can. All good mate, will give us plenty of time to bag the selections already made and debate how terrible yours is likely to be ;) I will be a bit in and out myself tonight, we are heading out to Spotless for tonight's game..

12. graeme

graeme Guest

Reporting in - trigger finger ready and waiting.

13. snoz

snoz Moderator

I ask Len for pick #1, I go to bed, get up to find I have the #12 pick....the last pick. Shenanigans are afoot !!!!

14. Len

Simonoz wrote:
    I ask Len for pick #1, I go to bed, get up to find I have the #12 pick....the last pick. Shenanigans are afoot !!!! Pretty sure I had pick three before the randomisation, we need a scapegoat, I blame billy the kid :p

15. graeme

graeme Guest

One area I am unsure of Len - is there a FA pool after the draft that we can draw on to change our team or is it a strict keeper league where what ever you draft you keep all season?

16. Len

graeme wrote:
    One area I am unsure of Len - is there a FA pool after the draft that we can draw on to change our team or is it a strict keeper league where what ever you draft you keep all season? It's keeper in that you keep them as long as you want, the waiver system is in place for the FA pool, and subject to no-one else with a higher waiver entitlement wanting the same player you can swap as you go.

17. Jason

Jason Moderator Staff Member

Len wrote:
    graeme wrote:
    One area I am unsure of Len - is there a FA pool after the draft that we can draw on to change our team or is it a strict keeper league where what ever you draft you keep all season? It's keeper in that you keep them as long as you want, the waiver system is in place for the FA pool, and subject to no-one else with a higher waiver entitlement wanting the same player you can swap as you go. Might need some more explanation of waiver system there I think, not something I've used before.

18. Len

Jason wrote:
    Len wrote:
    graeme wrote:
    One area I am unsure of Len - is there a FA pool after the draft that we can draw on to change our team or is it a strict keeper league where what ever you draft you keep all season? It's keeper in that you keep them as long as you want, the waiver system is in place for the FA pool, and subject to no-one else with a higher waiver entitlement wanting the same player you can swap as you go. Might need some more explanation of waiver system there I think, not something I've used before. For sure, below is a edited C&P from the SC site, but I've adjusted the some of the terms to suit our settings, and there are a couple of variables I am not sure on. Typically, once a waiver enabled draft is complete the waiver period starts immediately for a specified duration, ours waiver duration is 2 days, but I can't see if it starts immediately. I am also not sure how end of season works, suspect it will either end and we can't play again till the league is regenerated next year, or we can trade through to a certain date, if I can't find the answer I'll ask them. Essentially the Free Agent pool has two status's, in and out of waiver, I am fairly sure the entire FA pool will be under waiver for 2 days after the draft, then it's as they are dropped (below explains that better). The Waiver list is a priority list, you can see this on the RH side of the Trade Centre and this one appears to be in reverse draft order to me. As you select a player via waiver you drop to the bottom of the list and everyone else moves up one so it's a cycling priority. TRADES CENTRE - TRADE POOL & WAIVER LIST TAB <ul style='margin-top: 0cm; list-style-type: disc;] <li>The Trade Centre'sTrade Pool & Waiver Listpanel provides you with information and management options for allrecently dropped players by other teamswho are subject to Waiver trading rules or about to become Free Agents.</li> <li>The Waiver List provides a complete listing ofdroppedplayers who are in the Waiver pool, including information on any trade claims made by other teams. You may also initiate a trade claim on a player here.</li> <li>Further below, you are able to keep track ofyour squad'scurrent waiver claims and manage the priority of your claims (from most wanted to least wanted). The players traded into your team under Waiver rules will depend on this list, as well as your league's Waiver Priority Order (available in the right panel).</li> <li>Your trade request under Waiver will be subject to your league's Waiver rules. The trade will only be completed depending on your priority order (and whether a team with a higher priority has also made a claim for that particular player) and after the time set in your league, in which a player must remain available in the Waiver pool (i.e. the waiver period set for your league is 2 days, the player remains under Waiver for the full 48 hour period to allow other teams in your league to make a trade claim - the trade will occur 48 hours after the player was dropped into the Waiver pool).</li> <li>If no claim is made on a player during the set Waiver period for your League, they become a Free Agent at the end of their Waiver period and may be picked up by any team in your League on a first-come basis.</li> <li>You'll also be able to see the most frequently dropped and picked up players in your league here.</li> </ul> TRADES CENTRE <ul style='margin-top: 0cm; list-style-type: disc;] <li>TheTrades Centreis where you can manage any type of trade that you'd like to make (dependant on your league's settings). Here, you'll see your squad listed to the left. On the right isthe entire list of players. All of the players will have their current status associated with them.</li> <li>If a player is listed as aFree Agent, any trade you choose to make will be completed immediately.</li> <li>If a player is listed as beingUnder Waiver, your trade will be subject to your league's Waiver rules, if enabled for your league. The trade will only be completed depending on your priority order (and whether a team with a higher priority has also made a claim for that particular player) and after the time set in your league, in which a player must remain available in the Waiver pool (i.e. the waiver period set for your league is 2 days, the player remains under Waiver for the full 48 hour period to allow other teams in your league to make a trade claim - the trade will occur 48 hours after the player was dropped into the Waiver pool).</li> <li>If a player is is owned by another team, you can still elect to make a trade, in which case aTrade Offerwill be made to that respective team for a team trade. It is up to the Coach of that team to then accept or reject your trade offer. If accepted,the trade is then subject to approval, coaches will get the opportunity to place a veto vote to block the trade from happening. Remember, you can cancel any trade offer before it is accepted or approved by the other coach.</li> </ul>

19. graeme

graeme Guest

I think I follow that - not what I was expecting. Second point that comes up as a result of Jason's and Len's replies. This comp is 2015 only - it is not running next year and onwards.

20. Len

graeme wrote:
    I think I follow that - not what I was expecting. Second point that comes up as a result of Jason's and Len's replies. This comp is 2015 only - it is not running next year and onwards. No as repeatedly stated, this is a keeper league.