Mini SC Keeper League

Discussion in 'tsAddicts SC Keeper League' started by Len, Mar 9, 2015.

1. snoz

snoz Moderator

Yeh Len, I feel violated after what you did to me opening round

2. Len

Len Cockburn Knightrider Staff Member

Simonoz wrote:
    Yeh Len, I feel violated after what you did to me opening round lol, if it's any consolation I feel the karma doorman may be about to hit me with the other side of the bus

3. Len

An option we have at the end of this season is to move this league to a UF keeper, it's simple to setup as a replica. There are aspects of team & league management, both in game week and between game weeks that are more robust in that platform. The primary potential negative point of difference to SC draft is the scoring system which is significantly more reflective of DT, though it does allow some customisation it is quantity based without quality considerations. I know some of you are already playing UF and I am in a couple of leagues in common so there is a knowledge base that can be brought to a discussion later on. I raise it now simply so people who are inclined can either jump in and test it it now in a public league, and so those doing both can consider the differences.

4. Len

Ladder after R2, some fairly decent swings in scores from round 1, small onfield size no doubt impacting. /Portals/0/Users/017/57/3857/Addicts%20R2.jpg

5. Len

The Who Dats tasted defeat and the Wilebeasts climbed 5 spots.. /Portals/0/Users/017/57/3857/Addicts%20R3.jpg

6. snoz

snoz Moderator

Len I think your idea of moving this mini keeper league to another site next year is a plus plus. The SC Draft page kind of sux......I'm sure its right in front of me, but I cant even find a list of FA's available, just to have a look see........ Too clunky.

7. Len

Simonoz wrote:
    Len I think your idea of moving this mini keeper league to another site next year is a plus plus. The SC Draft page kind of sux......I'm sure its right in front of me, but I cant even find a list of FA's available, just to have a look see........ Too clunky. There are definitely some ill-considered aspects, best way to see the FA pool is to start a trade, hit the T on a player, takes you to a window much like the SC trade one. From there select the Free Agent pool at the top and they will be listed, to preserve your team simply don't complete the trade.

8. Len

Flanking Glutes the big mover after R4, up 4 spots. /Portals/0/Users/017/57/3857/Addicts%20R4.jpg

9. Len

Terry, Dean and Kel the biggest movers after R5. I was hoping to add previews and reviews but am seriously swamped by RL at the moment, will do so later, if anyone would like to step into the breach please go for it.. /Portals/0/Users/017/57/3857/Addicts%20R5.jpg

10. Len

Round 6, Brett holding the lead, Terry challenging and grav probably on the wrong end of the fixture given his points for.. /Portals/0/Users/017/57/3857/Addicts%20R6.jpg

11. Len

I have created an empty league in UF, I can enter the teams as they stand, but need all coaches to join before I can do anything. Please pm the email address you use for Ultimate Footy, if you don't have an account you can sign up here http://ultimate-footy.theage.com.au/ it is free to play. The league starts at R8 currently, later if it takes a while to get everyone in, but the idea is to run it as a practice run only and see how we feel at the end of the season. There are vastly more customisation options available, but as noted above the score is quantitative and that can't be change, though the actual points per activity can be. R7 update below, Brett still leading but the league is flattening out.. /Portals/0/Users/017/57/3857/Addicts%20R7.jpg

12. TerryinBangkok

TerryinBangkok Moderator Staff Member

I'm enjoying life on the flats. Might be twisted into UF. Have had some experience which I did not enjoy much. I really need to focus on lifting the Warriors out of the gutter.

13. Len

I'll take the overwhelming response to the UF trial (Zero) as a message to shutup and leave things alone for now :)

14. Len

Apologies for the delay. /Portals/0/Users/017/57/3857/Addicts%20R8.jpg

15. Len

Being prevented from uploading images atm so imagine a ladder you like best and go with it :)

16. Len

Ladder below, I am definitely guilty of forgetting about the team for 2 bye rounds.. Finding SC too cold and impersonal for this, UF is better at promoting interaction though not immensely, I think I am spoilt by the leagues we run here.. <div>
    <div>
    <div>
    /Portals/0/Users/017/57/3857/Addicts%20R13.jpg

17. Len

Substantial ladder changes in the last few weeks, including another new leader :) /Portals/0/Users/017/57/3857/Addicts%20R16.jpg

18. TerryinBangkok

TerryinBangkok Moderator Staff Member

19. grav

grav Guest

Yeah I'm pretty stoked to be King for a Day. Enviable selection dilemmas with Bennell and Sloane returning.

20. Len

Definitely a close running league, 5 teams with a great shot to win with 5 weeks to go. /Portals/0/Users/017/57/3857/Addicts%20R18.jpg