nab cup rookies

Discussion in 'AFL' started by teraferma, Feb 16, 2012.

1. anthak

anthak Moderator Staff Member

Hi TiB, gotta be careful of that one though. remember Hibberd last year. Hird said he will play in Round 2, so a lot of ppl hung onto him, but he didnt debut until round 6 in the end - in perfect time for the first upgrade.

plus, last year it didnt matter too much with 3 bench options, but definitely riskier this year again, as it was prior to 2011.

2. TerryinBangkok

TerryinBangkok Moderator Staff Member

Goodly points Ant.
    Trust you will not let some of the young tasties in the West slip by you....even Koby is well priced.

Hibberd was my first upgrade.

3. anthak

anthak Moderator Staff Member

Hope so TiB. Gonna be watching a bit of the WAFL, so will hopefully see a few kids on their way through. Even in practice games - I'm going to first one on Friday night. I'm not sure if AFL listed players will be playing in the WAFL practice games, but I don't see why not. I'll keep my eye out for them.

4. Philbya01

Philbya01 New Member

WA teams both look good this year espeacially weagles I'll be looking closely at their rookies. A little concern with a couple this week, didn't see Mitchell (SYD) named, did he play? and Brown (Crows) tomorrow not named can anyone enlighten me as I am interested in both as would be alot of people.

5. Len

Len Cockburn Knightrider Staff Member

I am locking Saad, he should get good game time

6. Sainterz12

Sainterz12 Member

Saad in, Wilkes out.
    Wilkes lost me with his performance, Simpkin has a lot more upside as a defender and we don't really need him in the forward line from what I could see.

7. tonyc

tonyc New Member

I thought Ledger was the pick of the rookies last night and looks the type who could play a lot of games. With the total lack of disclosure on where Shiel is at (who wears a moon-boot for an appendix problem?), I've done the swap.

Plenty of time for the reverse knee-jerk before Rd 1, of course.

8. 11kgm

11kgm New Member

Hogan is in over Shiel

9. teraferma

teraferma New Member

Does anyone know what is wrong with D.Zorko?

10. Matty_C

Matty_C New Member

Hip injury from memory. Unlikely for round 1.

11. Gonaddz

Gonaddz Member

OK, I've been messing with my side line and so far I don't know who to keep and who to let go. Whats the story with Dick B and L Williams? I put Weedon, G on the field but just not sure what I'm doing is right any advice?

12. SC_Dave

SC_Dave Member

Relax Gonaddz,

It is important to have rookies that will play from Rnd 1.

Look for rookie list upgrades in the few days prior, I'm hoping Sam Gibson from Nth Melb gets one, (mature age, looked good etc.)

Let the real life coaches decide who is ready to perform in Rnd 1

Once the teams are named, the whole process is much easier, you'll throw some out and include a few surprises. (hoping for Mitchell or Zorko)

I also have Weedon at the moment, but if he's not selected in Rd 1, give him the flick.

13. Gonaddz

Gonaddz Member

Nice! Great advice! Cheers Dave, I'm just trying to stay with the times and hoping my mates don't rub me out of the comp before it even starts! I think I should just keep my mouth shut until the NAB Cup is over and selections are made.

Edit: I kinda felt like a real coach for a sec so please don't ruin the dream :D

14. Clutties

Clutties New Member

@Philbya
    RE- Brown from Adelaide. I read somewhere that he was in some kind of nightclub dust up. Not his fault, and no club penalty for indescretion (was my understanding). Maybe he is carrying some sort of facial injury as a result though....unsure.

People of The Cattery! Help me out! Do you think Horlin-Smith & Jono Simpkin will get a run?

People from The Windy Hill! What are Dell'Olio's chances of getting a run? And your thoughts on Kavanagh??

15. Spifflicator

Spifflicator New Member

Magner looked very handy for Melb tonight, if he's elevated off the rookie list he will be v tasty at $94k!

16. princeofmugs

princeofmugs Moderator

Aaron Hall looked great for Suns tonight. Definitely a possible bench fwd at 106 if he gets games, he looked really good. I didnt see Horsely at all, did he even play? Not promising if he didnt...

17. Knucklebusters

Knucklebusters New Member

<blockquote>Quote from Clutties on February 25, 2012, 17:19
    @Philbya
    RE- Brown from Adelaide. I read somewhere that he was in some kind of nightclub dust up. Not his fault, and no club penalty for indescretion (was my understanding). Maybe he is carrying some sort of facial injury as a result though....unsure. </blockquote>

I think brown has to visit the dentist but wont affect his playing time.

18. gbj

gbj Member

How do find rookies upgrades do you make a list and see what changes, or is their a list I can find

19. gbj

gbj Member

I need players for my DT league 555885 please all welcome

20. Philbya01

Philbya01 New Member

Thanx Knuckles and Clutties.

gbj I think the clubs announce which rookies they will upgrade to fill in for their LTI players closer to the beginning of season proper but you will hear alot of murmurs espeacially on TS because alot of these guys know a fair bit about there own personal club and are very good at sharing info.