nab cup rookies

Discussion in 'AFL' started by teraferma, Feb 16, 2012.

1. Darley, Townsend and Shaw all worth a good look

2. Corks

Corks Member

Shaw Yagmoor Morris Townsend also worth a second look. Loving the back depth at the moment, going back to a 4 premium / 5 rookie backline and loading up on premiums forward where there's not a lot to love under $150k.

3. Jason

Jason Moderator Staff Member

Taking that further Corks, I'm 3-0-6 on the backline at the moment.

4. Corks

Corks Member

Nice Jason...just can't decide who to leave out of the premiums between BJ, Scotty, Lids and Heater myself. Hence the 4-0-5 option. Scot's the obvious one, but can't bring myself to have no Blues R1.

5. Jason

BJ goneski. I have Murphy, which is more than enough Blues based on their preseason form for me.

6. SuperCoachSuperStar

SuperCoachSuperStar New Member

I'm struggling to find any decent forward rookies (impart from Devon Smith). Are there any other forward rookies that will get a game and go alright?

7. Corks

Corks Member

Gutsy move given Saints soft draw first half year, but understandable.

SC Superstar - look closely at GWS, they have a few. Even beter, donate to the site and join the donor's forum where names are regularly exchanged ;)

8. FixEmUp

FixEmUp New Member

@Jason youve got rid of Goddard? I contemplated it given his shit form in the NAB games but given i had Lids and Scotland, I wasnt sure who else to put in. Not completely sold on Shaw.

9. Jason

FixEmUp, yes indeed Goddard gone. I've opted to choose premium SC players that I have confidence in for the start of the year and will upgrade into the rest as required. Goddard does not give me confidence, nor does St Kilda in general. Hard to see them making the 8 to be honest.

SCSS, Dickson from Dogs is a decent FWD rookie chance to both be selected and do alright. Kerridge not the worst prospect either.

10. Moblets

Moblets New Member

What are peoples thoughts on Clifton, Hall and Kennedy as foward rookies?

11. Lethaldons

Lethaldons New Member

SCSS check out tory dickson from bulldogs , might not go bang but slow burning rookie?? Any one think saad from stkilda will get game?

12. Jason

Great minds LD, great minds.

13. SuperCoachSuperStar

SuperCoachSuperStar New Member

Thanks for the help.

14. Lethaldons

Lethaldons New Member

Cant argue there Jason!! Hanging out for the bloody SC results for the NAB cup to be posted, just to help cement a few of these rookies in my team!! Still thinking miles might be good for round 1???

15. Pattay

Pattay New Member

Wish I had the guts to not hav goodard im just affraid he will go bang at the start of yr ... I like hall as a pick should get games n kerridge from adeliade looks the goods

16. Jason

I think the Saints managed Saad through NAB-2-3-4 to ensure that he would be right for R1. I'd be quite surprised if he didn't make the 22 for R1.

17. Corks

Corks Member

Like Hall, not sold on Kennedy or Clifton yet. Prefer Hampton, and thinking Wheedon is still an option. Eagles loss on the weekend might open up his chances.

18. Nick

Nick Well-Known Member

The backline has really proven its depth rookie wise.

You've got the Richmond duo, the GWS duo, a Cat who's just had his JS improved and a Blue almost delisted. Plus the duo (or trio) or mid priced goodness from the Doggies and there is a lot of sub-premium depth, which is in stark contrast to the forward line.

I'm at 4-1-4 at the moment but thinking 3-1-5 could work better, and perhaps an upgrade in the forward line.

19. Jason

Paine is another option, although I'm looking at D9 for him rather than as a FWD.

20. hawks2008

hawks2008 Member

With the lack of depth in the fwd rookies, ive gone with 5-1-3, with kennedy, smith and hall as the rookies and kerridge in the mids with the link. Darren pfeifer is also a good option, reports today that he will likely be upgrade off the rookie list and his JS should be fairly good