NAB Cup Week 1 Review.

Discussion in 'Blog' started by AngLee, Feb 22, 2009.

By AngLee on Feb 22, 2009 at 11:00 AM
  1. AngLee

AngLee Guest

Well a review of the first 3 weeks, but the first round. You know what I mean.

Fevola and Lockyer tempted us, Jesus continued working mirales, Richo and BJ stood up and said age dont matter and Walker and Yarran pulled up sore. But does it really matter?

<!--more-->

36 players topped the hundred mark in there first hit-out in 2009, some being the usual suspects like Pendles, Goddard, Nath Brown, Ablett, Corey and Goodwin.

Others 100 scores were alot more surprising that has got me taking notice, Trav Cloke, Hille, Skipworth, Jack Riewoldt, Jackson, Gibbs and Stokesy. Travis Cloke is only 22, but could 09 be his year? Hille has pushed for a spot as Number 1 ruckmen, with Cox scoring 30, but mind you Cox played about one quarter of footy. Skipworth will be an extremely cheap 6th forward in alot of sides this year after his ton. While Gibbs proved he is on the move.

Richo, Fevola, Rough all fighting for a spot in the forward line of my side GunBarrelStraight and all of them scored 149+, your not making it easy guys. Lockyer showed he should get picked ahead of Shaw, as did Goddard ahead of Fisher.

Higgins (90) is just reminding those who dont have him to switch on, as did Hasleby. While my man, BJ (93), showed he aint slowing up yet. Apperantly he trained the house down in the off-season, with Cross and Boyd other stand-outs at Whitten Oval. And, they backed that up. Gumby (32) has got alot of improvement, but only 5 games in 3 years, you tend to lose your touch a little. Rich (59) and Hill (94) were the stand-out rookies on the weekend. While Yarron (0) and Walker (23) struggled with minor injuries.

Ham Mc, done nothing to suggest he worthy of 2nd ruckman. Dont read alot into Pettards 12, but Hogans 78 could mean he might earn a spot instead of Kelly in the Geelong midfield. Chappy played his first pre-season game for three years. Even though it was only 33 on the board, he is fit and ready to go. Marshmallow (Scott Thompson) didnt show much up forward, put him back in the midfield where he scores those 150s. Pyke (1) taught us that AFL is hard than Union. Mattner (59) and Kornes (47) scores look poor, but in only a half of football they should not be crossed off anyones list.

Comments

Discussion in 'Blog' started by AngLee, Feb 22, 2009.