NAB Final/Challenge

Discussion in 'AFL' started by TerryinBangkok, Mar 12, 2011.

1. NotTooSerious

NotTooSerious Member

<blockquote>Quote from GeneralHodge on March 13, 2011, 22:56
    I reckon Dixon is a nice alternative to Prestia (assuming all already have Matera). Dixon was VC for GC last year so I am confident he has some Job certainty. Handy if you need an extra 40 odd Grand. Anyone else considering?</blockquote>

Dixon has been a lock in my forward line since rnd 1 of the NAB. He is great at taking strong contested marks and has a good kick. He also seems to be there main target when going forward. I think he can be counted on for 60-70SC points a games.

2. Bearfly

Bearfly Moderator Staff Member

<blockquote>Quote from GeneralHodge on March 13, 2011, 22:56
    I reckon Dixon is a nice alternative to Prestia (assuming all already have Matera). Dixon was VC for GC last year so I am confident he has some Job certainty. Handy if you need an extra 40 odd Grand. Anyone else considering?</blockquote>

I've had Dixon on my bench from the start - with the big wraps on him from Bluey, I think he'll be their main target up forward and looks to have all the makings of a good forward.
    For me, it's been a toss up between Matera and Prestia for the other spot - leaning to Prestia atm mainly due to his DPP, although feel that Matera will play more and be a better scorer
    Thoughts anyone

3. Corks

Corks Member

Matera will play early, not convinced about Prestia. Was in Possibles, not Probables intra-club, hasn't shone so far, and left out this week. For &#36;150k there are better for mine, although the MPP is a worry. Would like ISmith to get a run in R1.

4. NotTooSerious

NotTooSerious Member

<blockquote>Quote from Corks on March 14, 2011, 09:12
    Matera will play early, not convinced about Prestia. Was in Possibles, not Probables intra-club, hasn't shone so far, and left out this week. For &#36;150k there are better for mine, although the MPP is a worry. Would like ISmith to get a run in R1.</blockquote>

I think Issac Smith will get a run round 1, Clarko has a history of it (remeber JKT? Played round one but then wasn't sighted till rounds 5 and 6, then didn't break back into the side.) I see that catching a lot of people out! They need his pace, but is a light frame with very little game time experience, I see him being in and out of the side a lot and may only play 5 of the first 10 games, not really ideal in a cash cow.

5. TerryinBangkok

TerryinBangkok Moderator Staff Member

Firstly, thank you Bob - wonderful contribution.

@Gen. Hodge. YES.

6. GeneralHodge

GeneralHodge New Member

Yeah the only thing I can't stop thinking about is the MPP. I lose the link between Forward and Midfield rookies. Not convinced on Smith either though. I'm thinking the choices are very slim for Midfield rookies as well.

7. TerryinBangkok

TerryinBangkok Moderator Staff Member

@GH,

Doesn't Krakouer cover the link? + you should be looking at a downgrade to Mzungu when he returns which is also another option.

8. GeneralHodge

GeneralHodge New Member

Yeah Krak does but now I have shelved I.Smith so will have to wait for Mzungu to come back to re-open the link.

9. Bob

Bob New Member

<blockquote>Quote from Bob on March 13, 2011, 21:12
    Bewick got a *heap* of it (~ 30 possies) playing the Dalziell relief valve role of old. He's a better kick than Dazzle though still has little hurt factor.</blockquote>

With apologies, Bewick "only" had 22 possies with 13 marks.

http://www.lions.com.au/news/newsarticle/tabid/5085/newsid/109384/default.aspx

10. Nick

Nick Well-Known Member

Great to hear Re: Bewick.

For mine Krak is the perfect replacement for Mzungnu or I Smith or whoever you need for the Mid to Fwd link.