NBA draft order

Discussion in 'Basketball' started by Steve, Oct 8, 2016.

By Steve on Oct 8, 2016 at 4:11 PM
  1. Steve

Steve Moderator Staff Member

The draft order has been set for the Premier League and Division One

EDIT - the draft order for the 2 conferences has now been set as well

The drafts will be held on Sunday night 16th of October at 10.00pm (AEST). The reason why I have decided to have nominate the 16th of October is that all unclaimed players can pass through waivers before the season commences. Plus it gives the opportunity for teams to trade players before the season if they wish to do so.

If you are not available at the time of the draft, you can create a pre draft list where the system will automatically pick the next available player from the players remaining.

I strongly encourage any new players to have a go at the mock draft on the ESPN fantasy basketball site before Sunday. Select the next available snake draft and this will give you a fell as to how the system works. Remember you only have 60 seconds to make your pick in our draft.

Over the next week we will send out the invites to join the league that you are in. Once this occurs, please accept the invitation ASAP.

Remember you can also trade draft picks as well before the draft.

We use a snake draft whereby the order is reversed each round (e.g the person who has pick 1 in the first round, will have the last pick in the 2nd round, e.g pick 24)

Here are the draft orders:

Premier League

1 ddsaints
    2 yumcha
    3 karlos
    4 daBombers
    5 stowie
    6 rev
    7 steve
    8 rodgo
    9 heaver
    10 mick
    11 bgt2110
    12 anthak

Division One

1 costak
    2 don_cottagers
    3 g train
    4 jasmine
    5 chris white
    6 610
    7 walesy
    8 doolz
    9 L6
    10 crossy
    11 tasho
    12 lethal

Conference One

1 Ball Dont Lie
    2 Maggots
    3 Belmont383
    4 Port_Leschenault
    5 Jai Thomas
    6 Outkast_au
    7 Bearfly
    8 nicksnow
    9 Heatlicious
    10 Viq BoZ
    11 Rad E Cool
    12 tyze_1

Conference Two

1 That KI Guy
    2 Lano 24
    3 Smokinjoemisiti
    4 Jamie
    5 Peaches
    6 Auron
    7 Jmulldinho
    8 Danners
    9 Emes
    10 Macca118
    11 Len
    12 Headmandude

• Like Like x 4

Comments

Discussion in 'Basketball' started by Steve, Oct 8, 2016.

• Tags:
    1. anthak
      anthak
      yeah its a shame you missed all the messages sent through ESPN and that you didnt have an active account here at TS for us to msg you through here :(
      Not quite here since the start, but probably for 5 years or so, and its definitely a shame to see you not in the leagues again this year, Trav.
      Ive got you down as an emergency, and there is currently still one coach who has not joined their league: @port_leschenault
      Its getting pretty close to the draft, so we may end up switching you if we dont hear from him soon.
    2. Jmulldihno
      Jmulldihno
      Yep can't wait, love a good auction draft!
      Were we going to 6 keepers this season or was it capped at 5? Can't remember what was decided initially, but recall we were adding 1 extra per season..
    3. LiQuiD_SiXx
      LiQuiD_SiXx
      @Steve might be worth making sure to double check all waiver orders are correct before the draft. Not sure if it auto-updates based on draft order or not.
      • Like Like x 1
    4. Steve
      Steve
      I will have a look at it later today.

The waiver order should be the reverse of the draft order.
    5. anthak
      anthak
      Have just updated the waiver orders! Good pickup @LiQuiD_SiXx :)
    6. anthak
      anthak
      from memory, I think it does auto update at draft time. Id forgotten about that.
    7. anthak
      anthak
      Hi mate, we're still waiting for you to join your league. I might not have the right email address for you as I have tried emailing you a couple of times this week and have resent the invite a few times.
      The draft is definitely happening this Sunday.
      If you havent received the invite, please confirm your email address via conversation and I'll send invite again.
    8. port_leschenault
      port_leschenault
      Hadn't realised it but I wont be back until after 5pm my time (8pm AEDT) tomorrow. So will just take whatever broken injured players the auto-pick selects
    9. anthak
      anthak
      the draft will start at 7pm your time so you should be ok?
      If not, I highly recommend you set up your pre-draft list, cause autopick will then select players based on your own order. Let us know if you have any questions about that.
    10. port_leschenault
      port_leschenault
      Thought draft was 7pm East Coast time, if it's WA time then yeah should be no worries.
      • Like Like x 1
    11. anthak
      anthak
      good to hear :)
    12. anthak
      anthak
      also, if anyone has a trade of picks agreed between now and the draft, we'll try to push it through in time for the draft
    13. Jasmine
      Jasmine
      Anyone want to trade up to the number 4 pick in Div 1?
      • Option 5 Option 5 x 1
    14. anthak
      anthak
      I'll try log on at about 8.45pm to force through any trades that havent cleared the veto period. It all needs to be done by 9pm when everything locks up ready for the draft.
    15. walesy
      walesy
      Well, I don't think I hit any of my targets, but am pretty happy with my squad. Maybe that's a good thing. :D

Googogo!
      • Like Like x 2
    16. anthak
      anthak
      all drafts are now complete. I'll try get a post up tonight with ll the results, so we can all compare
      • Like Like x 3
    17. Len
      Len
      I hit the first two, went all over the place after that, thank Christ JC knows more about NBA than me :)

How does the IR slot work?
      • Like Like x 1
    18. walesy
      walesy
      If someone gets proper injured, the game will let you put them on ir instead of dropping them.

You can then bring in a guy to replace him.

Once your player is healthy though, you won't be able to bring anyone else in till you get him off your ir
      • Like Like x 2