NBL 2012/13

Discussion in 'Basketball' started by Popey, Sep 24, 2012.

1. Popey

Popey Member

Mitch Creek looks good. He's in for Ballinger, and if he fails, Ballinger in when he comes back.

2. Popey

Popey Member

Argh! Ervin has pulled out of tonight's match. Darn it. Oh well, here's to hoping he will play next week.

3. TigersTooTough

TigersTooTough Administrator

Do bench players affect the round score or are they just backup? Damn Ervin pulling out.....at least my captain Tragardh did well

4. UnderAchievers

UnderAchievers Member

Bench players dont substitute for any non-playing starting 5, but you receive half of their points towards your total.
    I dont think my post on Friday explained myself correctly, but Ervin only arrived in the country on Friday, so he was already a confirmed out before lockout.

5. Popey

Popey Member

Hmm... May have to hit the trade button to sort my team out... Hmm...

6. Bearfly

Bearfly Moderator Staff Member

Am glad I noticed your post on Friday UA and followed your lead in swapping Ervin out before lockout :)

Looking forward to the Sixers game today, hoping to see them kick off the season with a win and getting big games from DJ, CJ and JC :D

@Popey - good call on replacing Ballinger with Creek, the young fella is definitely a star on the rise and a genuine excitement machine - he should be an early appreciater in value with his lower base salary and forecast extra minutes/improved role in the team this year

7. Bearfly

Am glad I noticed your post on Friday UA and followed your lead in swapping Ervin out before lockout :)

Looking forward to the Sixers game today, hoping to see them kick off the season with a win and getting big games from DJ, CJ and JC :D

@Popey - good call on replacing Ballinger with Creek, the young fella is definitely a star on the rise and a genuine excitement machine - he should be an early appreciater in value with his lower base salary and forecast extra minutes/improved role in the team this year

8. Bearfly

9. Popey

Popey Member

Nice on the tri-posting Bear. Yeah, should have used some common sense with Ervin... Oh well.... I will use a trade or so this week to sort a few things out. Trial and error!

10. Bearfly

Didn't realise it triple posted - this Telstra wireless internet has been giving me all sorts of grief lately, dropping out all the time and not loading properly - doesn't matter if I use the laptop or the tablet, having trouble using both - time to change service providers me thinks!!!

11. Popey

Popey Member

Fair enough. Dodgy Internet don't help last minute fantasy decisions now does it?!

12. Bearfly

Watching the Sixers/Tigers game and I am thinking a correction trade of Massingale to Brasswell could be on the cards - have been very impressed with KB in the first half!!!

As expected, DJ for the Sixers has played his usual solid game so far, sinking them from inside and outside, grabbing some strong rebounds, and even hitting his free throws.

Have been impressed with how well Gibson and Petrie fit into the Sixers roster, especially Petrie who has produced some solid minutes so far scoring, rebounding and playing solid D.

Should be a good 2nd half with the Sixers just in front atm :D

13. Popey

Popey Member

At the moment Seth Scott is repaying my faith!! And I'm happy I got rid of Massingale!! Johnson as C is helping my cause and he is currently (just started last Q) on 42 fantasy points!

14. Bearfly

3/4 time here now (being a Sixers home game we have to put up with half hour delay like the footy on FTA tv)!!!

Must say, the refs completely lost the plot with the melee - how they can give 2 shots and possession to the Tigers is absolute crap - Petrie gets DQ'd along with Goulding, but Scott free to play on even though he put a choke hold on Petrie!!!

When I used to ref, the first call would have been an intentional foul on the initial play, then from the melee Goulding, Scott & Petrie would've all copped a DQ!!!

15. Popey

Popey Member

I can't see the match but can read live commentary and get stats... The dude doing the commentary was getting almost as reved up as you Bear! He was almost telling us when a player moved a finger with the melee! Anyhow, you have got this one wrapped up dude. I think I have finished up coming up trumps fantasy wise. Nate Tomlinson killed the other guy, I'm 100% sure he will get minus points!

16. Popey

Popey Member

Argh!! Lost by 4 pre-lockout!! Lets hope I can gain 4 points from somewhere!

17. UnderAchievers

UnderAchievers Member

There is plenty of players who haven't been awarded points yet Popey. You have 16 coming from Creek for example.

18. Popey

Popey Member

Oh, ok, thanks for the heads up!

19. Lano24

Lano24 New Member

That sucks, I thought I was going to win

20. crossy

crossy Active Member

I got a zero from ervin and burston. Not the start I planned