NBL 2012/13

Discussion in 'Basketball' started by Popey, Sep 24, 2012.

1. Popey

Popey Member

I am having a round to forget. Have Lazare on instead of Steindl. Ervin as C is a small salvation. Apart from that I have absolutely nothing going right. Back to the drawing board.

2. TigersTooTough

TigersTooTough Administrator

Thought I had changed my captain from Crosswhite to Ervin but when I logged on this morning, it hadn't saved :(
    Don't think it will cost me a win though so not all bad....

3. UnderAchievers

UnderAchievers Member

What on earth? I just logged in and it reckons I'm coming 17th overall. Gotta be some sort of mistake. I have made some terrible trades so far and could easily be another 70/80 more. Trading out Pledger for Holmes last week cost me 48 alone.

4. Lano24

Lano24 New Member

Need help. Out of Henry, Ervin and Jackson, who should I put on the bench? Henry and Jackson had shockers last week, but Henry plays twice and both have a higher average than Ervin.

5. stowie

stowie Moderator

<blockquote>Quote from Lano24 on October 22, 2012, 20:02
    Need help. Out of Henry, Ervin and Jackson, who should I put on the bench? Henry and Jackson had shockers last week, but Henry plays twice and both have a higher average than Ervin.</blockquote>

Got the same 3, going with Ervin on the bench at the moment. Hoping Jackson will bounce back against the Tigers who have had pretty bad guard play through the first 3 (and they gave up 50+ DT to Henry).

6. Popey

Popey Member

HELP!!!!!! I need HELP!! My team going eff all!
    Current lineup:
    Fwd: Scott, Lazare, (Steindl, Creek)
    CRT: Johnson, (Allen)
    Grd: Jackson, Ervin, (Gliddon, Cadee)

Need to REALLY sort out this team. All help REALLY appreciated. (Excuse my overuse of caps!)

7. UnderAchievers

UnderAchievers Member

Popey, youve got a pretty solid team there mate. If I wasnt for doubles, Id want to keep your team. However, Sydney has 2 doubles in a row, and Townsville has a double next week. So you're gonna want to bring in Henry or Madgen. Id be looking at keeping Cadee, Creek and Jackson for their doubles in coming weeks, so if you can trade Gliddon for Henry/Madgen and Steindl for Crawford/Holmes then you'll be looking good for the next 2 weeks.

I agree with Stowie - if you have those 3 players, then I would be leaving Ervin on the bench. Henry had a double, Jackson has the potential to score huge, whilst Ervin (although he is a great player) has never proved to be a huge fantasy scorer.

8. Popey

Popey Member

Mate, if I had that kinda cash I wouldn't have a problem... Recommended downgrades? I'm happy to chew through a couple of trades to get a bit more balance.

9. UnderAchievers

UnderAchievers Member

Its gonna have to be Jackson to Madgen then mate. With Harvey now out for 2 months, Madgen is gonna be a solid pick, and IMO an obvious captain choice for the next 2 weeks.
    Jackson is also going to lose a tonne of cash over the next 2 weeks in time for you to pick him again come round 6 for his double.
    So I would recommend Jackson to Madgen and Johnson to Crosswaite. Then you'll have plenty of cash in the bank for trades in the coming weeks.

10. UnderAchievers

UnderAchievers Member

My team for this week is looking like:

Lazare, Holmes, Steindl, Hinder
    Crosswhite, Allen
    Henry, Madgen, Ervin, Gliddon

11. Popey

Popey Member

Thanks mate. Much appreciated. I have no idea with the strategies involved with this. I never thought I would say this but it is much harder that Supercoach or Fantasy A-League which is another one I am into at the moment.

12. Popey

Popey Member

How about Jackson to Henry and Gliddon to Madgen? I see where you are coming from with Crosswhite and his double, but say he churns out 32, 2, and 26 or so (they are what he has scored so far) over his next four, I can see myself being bloody disappointed when Johnson has scored 50 and matched his score with 1 match. I would prefer to trade Johnson to Tragargh for consistency, with the 36's having a 0 game round coming up in round 8, therefore I'll have to trade him then. Then I will trade him back in before Tragargh's 0 game round. I am studying this waaayyy too hard. Nighty night!

13. TigersTooTough

TigersTooTough Administrator

I came into the TooSerious leagye with pretty much no knowledge on the NBL and picked my team based on limited research and players I may have heard of.

This is my team below:

Tragardh Petrie (Steindl Burston)

Crosswhite (Hinder)

Braswell Ervin (Corletto Cadee)

This week, I traded Abercrombie for Braswell because Abercrombie hasn't been performing as well as I thought.

Can you guys give me a tip for captain and whether I should swap some players onto the bench?

Would be much appreciated.

Thanks

14. stowie

stowie Moderator

<blockquote>Quote from TigersTooTough on October 24, 2012, 10:11
    I came into the TooSerious leagye with pretty much no knowledge on the NBL and picked my team based on limited research and players I may have heard of.

This is my team below:

Tragardh Petrie (Steindl Burston)

Crosswhite (Hinder)

Braswell Ervin (Corletto Cadee)

This week, I traded Abercrombie for Braswell because Abercrombie hasn't been performing as well as I thought.

Can you guys give me a tip for captain and whether I should swap some players onto the bench?

Would be much appreciated.

Thanks</blockquote>

TTT: With your lineup above, obvious captain is Crosswhite as the Kings play twice. Would be a good idea to sneak a couple more in if you can (Lazare, Madgen or Henry) and make one of them captain.

15. Bearfly

Bearfly Moderator Staff Member

Actually disagree with notion Crosswhite is an obvious captains choice - only averaging 20 so far with Lazare, Madgen & Henry all averaging better.
    I personally think Madgen could be the winning captains choice this week based on the fact that Harvey is out and Madgen will get more court time as a result.

Not that my current record makes me anywhere near an expert :lol:

16. UnderAchievers

UnderAchievers Member

Im assuming (hoping) Stowie was just talking about TTT’s current lineup, and given Crosswhite is the only Kings player, then he would be the obvious (although Im not sure about that) choice.

17. stowie

stowie Moderator

Yes, was talking about current lineup. I have fixed up my post above :)

18. Popey

Popey Member

So team is:
    Scott, Lazare, (Steindl, Creek)
    Tragargh, (Allen)
    Ervin, Madgen, (Gliddon, Cadee)

My plan is to trade Tragardh out before his 0 game round for Jackson with his double, then go back to Tragardh as a fwd.

19. Popey

Popey Member

I've started Ok... Ervin and Lazare both below par, with Ervin scoring about 14 and Lazare currently on about 10. Madgen carving it up with 40 odd as captain. Allen going well on my bench. Downside is I dropped Jackson this week...

Update: Very happy now! Madgen gunned it with 50(C=100). Lazare solid with 26. Same for Ervin with 30. Scott killed it to help me on my way with another 50. And then there's Allen on the bench. I'm looking good for the moment, just have to wait and see how the Kings back up with their double.

Also, is Tragardh playing??

20. Lano24

Lano24 New Member

I made the decision to keep jackson, does anyone know how his score tonight will effect his price?