NBL 2012/13

Discussion in 'Basketball' started by Popey, Sep 24, 2012.

1. UnderAchievers

UnderAchievers Member

Not going with any Adelaide players this week given their bye in a couple of weeks. Cant afford Jackson either, so hoping Pledger scores well as my C, and not having Jackson is a pleasant POD. Fat chance!

2. bgt2110

bgt2110 Moderator Staff Member

So who has Jonny Flynn on their radars or anyone jumped on board already. Must be the highest ranked draft pick from the nba to ever play in the nbl but obviously hasn't played many minutes warming the bench there.

3. Popey

Popey Member

I'm gonna turn some 36ers into some Wildcats hopefully. I have 24 trades left. How many does everyone else have?

Sportal super voucher looking nice... $500 is a bloody good set of irons... And a nice buggy... ;)

4. ALLSTAR22

ALLSTAR22 New Member

Ive decided to go off a week early and grab Jonny Flynn. Hope he doesnt spud it v Kings. Surely not !!!!

Will also grab M Knight for the upcoming Round

Very happy with my Guards, need to work on my fwds

Ballinger / Abercrombie - Hinder, Steindl

Knight - Allen

Jackson / Flynn - Henry, Madgden

5. Bearfly

Bearfly Moderator Staff Member

FFS - am watching the Tigers/Kings game and these refs are just reinforcing what i said to my fiancee on Friday night during the Perth/Adelaide game - the Aussie refs are absolutely hopeless and shouldn't be receiving payment for their pathetic performances - Friday night they were just so one sided for Perth and let the Wildcats get away with blatant rough-housing yet called the Sixers for the same crap they let Perth get away with. Now today they have just lost the plot and lost control of the game - fancy DQ'ing Seth Scott for what he did yet no penalty for the Kings for instigating things with unsportsmanlike conduct!!!

If this pathetic level of refereeing continues this season it won't be long before we see a full blooded all-in brawl occur - and it will be nobody's fault but the insipid whistle-blowers!!!

Endeth rant :mrgreen:

6. ALLSTAR22

ALLSTAR22 New Member

My decision not to pick-up Jonny F was a wise one. He only managed 18 fantasy pts.

Might wait until he finds form before picking him up.

Round 8 sees Wildcats with the double.

Need a couple more Cats so will go Corin Henry > C Tovey & Steindl > Wagstaff

Leaving my squad looking ok imo

Ballinger - Wagstaff (Blanchfield, Hinder)

Knight (Allen)

Jackson - Madgen (Abercrombie, Tovey) ....not sure I can play Tovey based on the fantasy avges.

Thoughts thanks ???

7. Popey

Popey Member

Throwing a curve ball at myself this week. I'm gonna sit Weigh on the bench and save a trade there for the upcoming bye bonanza in Adelaide.

My team:
    FWD: Scott, Wagstaff, (Weigh, Steindl)
    CRT: Knight (C), (Allen)
    GRD: Jackson, Madgen, (Tovey, Cadee)
    Trades: Wagstaff IN, Creek OUT.
    Tovey IN, Gliddon OUT.

The Tovey trade is purely because I needed some extra cash to do the trade before that, and considering he was the best option as far as average for that price and coupled with his doubles in the next few weeks he was the one I went to. Next week I plan to not trade at all and use Madgen as captain.

Also, interested in how many trades y'all have left. As a first time player of the game I am still unsure of how to use trades effectively and how often you should splash out and use them.

8. ALLSTAR22

ALLSTAR22 New Member

Thinking along the same line "Popey"

My team:

FWD: Ballinger, Wagstaff (B'field, Hinder)

CRT: Knight (C) (Allen)

GRD: Jackson (VC), Madgen (A'Crombie, Tovey)

Ballinger the only difference on-court

This will leave me with 18 trades.

Madgen as (C) for R9 the obvious choice. Looking ahead to R10 switch back to Knight as (C) with the double.

Good Luck.

9. Popey

Popey Member

Same to you mate!

10. stowie

stowie Moderator

Anyone else taking Redhage this week? Cheap at $90K-ish.

11. ALLSTAR22

ALLSTAR22 New Member

Agree Redhage is tempting at the price, I will stick with Wagstaff gets the better score over the 2 games.

Could even look at Lisch or Marto at the higher price.

Heres one from left-field ....trade Jackson out to free up serious cash and hope he is held to a low score.

12. stowie

stowie Moderator

Don't forget lockout is tonight.

13. Bearfly

Bearfly Moderator Staff Member

Thanks for the reminder Stowie :D

14. ALLSTAR22

ALLSTAR22 New Member

After much tweaking of the fantasy squad I will run with this and hope for the best ...

FWDS : Ballinger - Wagstaff

CTR : Knight C

GDS : Madgen - Lisch V

Bench - Blanchfield, Hinder, Allen, Henry, Abercrombie

$88,500 in the bank & only 18 trades.

15. Popey

Popey Member

Woooooooo!!!! BACK AND CONNECTED!! I live in Warrnambool and if you didn't know there was a fire at the telstra store, meaning the whole district for 150km has been disconnected from the rest of the planet basically!! Just got Internet on 3G but no landline OR (so really you can't speak to anyone on a phone) ringing on a mobile till Tuesday. No normal Internet till Mondy. But at least I can keep it to date with all the sports action!!

16. ALLSTAR22

ALLSTAR22 New Member

Round 9

(With Mat Knight out for 5 weeks more trading to be done)

Kings & 6rs with the doubles too

Knight > Petrie

Allen > Johnson

Leaves me with a balance of $0

FWD : Petrie, Wagstaff (Ballinger, B'Field)

CTR : Johnson (Hinder)

GRD : Madgden C, Henry (Lisch, A'Crombie)

Could go with A'Crombie or B'Field ahead of Wagstaff, will ponder that & hope I make the right call.

17. Popey

Popey Member

Thought I'd check up on everyone just past the mid way point of the season. My current team is looking ok, but needs improvement. Thought I'd compile a list of players to get in if you don't have a heap of cash but want players for their DGW's coming up. The teams you need to be targeting at this stage are the Breakers, Hawks, Tigers and if you are really looking to plan ahead, the Cats.
    Breakers: Cedric. If you don't have him, you are in SERIOUS trouble, as he is sky high in price and ripping out 40+ scores every single week. Then there is the guys who have dipped in price, in the form of Abercrombie, Pledger and Vukona. If you can get Pledger in on your bench that will hold you in good stead, and Vukona had a night out last night, with 46 points (I jumped on him this week too!!) so he would be your best bet if you are looking to offload the likes of Weigh. Abercrombie hasn't shown anything massive as yet, so I'd steer clear for now, although he was good last night...Oh, and there's also Hudson if you can get him, he's been of fire of late.
    Hawks: The big guns here are in the form of Forman and Martin, both pushing the 30 average. Get in one of these two to be successful. After that, there's Saville, Gruber and Hurdle, of which Saville is the only one to be looking at in my opinion. From there, Larry Davidson is cheap as chips and returned last night with a score of 40 odd. Jump on at 95k or so!! Adris Deleon would seem to be the bargain of the comp if you mentioned the name only, as he is 78k. I picked him up this week thinking that if he could find some form he would be great for me, but thankfully he was on my bench and only scored 10, one of his highest scores for his last 5 games. I took the punt, but I would recommend against that now!
    Tigers: Many great options here, namely Seth Scott, Jonny Flynn and Lucas Walker. They are all consistent enough, especially Scott, who has only scored under 20 once for the whole year. From there, Goulding and Ballinger are both iffy options and are up and down.
    My current team looks like this: Scott, Forman, (Vukona, Steindl) Johnson, (Allen) Jackson, Madgen, (Deleon, Tovey) Salary Cap: $32,000 Thoughts on possible trades?? Really unsure as of what to do with an awkward Salary Cap remaining.

18. Popey

Popey Member

Well it looks like I may be doing the following trades. Gives me a packed team this week!
    Madgen to Saville Allen to Pledger
    Means that my team looks like this:
    Forman, Vukona, (Scott, Steindl) Pledger, (Johnson) Jackson (C), Saville, (Deleon, Tovey)
    All players on field have a DGW this week, as well as 4/5 next week.

19. stowie

stowie Moderator

Gotta bring in Deleon and Larry 'The Pirate' Davidson, both cheap as chips and will be relied upon by the Hawks.