NBL Fantasy chatter 2017/18

Discussion in 'Basketball' started by anthak, Nov 6, 2017.

Tags:
  1. anthak

anthak Moderator Staff Member

Yeah there's been things like that happened to me too.

Hey @Len you may as well give it a go. Takes a couple of minutes to set it up each week

• Like Like x 2
  2. Bearfly

Bearfly Moderator Staff Member

Looks like I will be contacting them tomorrow then.
    That makes it 13 people that I personally know who play the Gameday format each week, and 9 of those 13 are now confirmed as having similar issues with the Gameday format not saving their selections properly.
    I honestly do not think that it is fair to award anyone prizes for the past couple of weeks when their are issues with their system - it's not a completely fair game!!!

3. anthak

would be good if NBL injury reports were as good as NBA!

• Like Like x 1
  4. Rad_E_Cool

Rad_E_Cool Active Member

Yeah I second this!

Although as a D'Angelo Russell owner, I hate that Sean Marks has adopted the Spurs' tight-lipped approach to injury updates. I can see why the Spurs do it, but it's my least favourite thing about my favourite team. Hopefully injury news doesn't decline in the NBA from how great it is right now.

• Like Like x 1
  5. Len

Len Cockburn Knightrider Staff Member

This is the same BS I came up against early in the season, what am I doing wrong that I can't put Tokoto into 6th man?

upload_2017-12-6_19-2-36.png

6. anthak

You need a SF there to swap with him.
    Cant swap players around whilst trading

Its stoopid. Im sure they'll fix it for next season.

7. Len

Problem I have is the guy in the spot is Newbill, I don't actually want to trade him, stoopid is a good call :)

I should be able to move Ellis into it, it's a any position spot ffs, and then do the trade I want whilst covering Ellis's spot..
    Head meeting brick wall atm

• Like Like x 1
  8. anthak

Captain choice is really important this week with just 2 teams with doubles.
    I was choosing out of Buford and McCarron but i couldnt remember who i picked. I was happy to see they both did well and i logged in to see which guy i had as cap.......
    But then i realised id not set my cap after rolling back my team to change my trades.
    Dang!!
    Its also looking like my original trades woulda been better too :(

9. anthak

so, trades wise, I woulda been better with my original idea... by 1 point! and I also woulda had Sobey already for his double coming next week...

Captain wise, it was a big mistake :(
    cant believe I forgot to set it up again. I missed out on 64 points if Buford which Im fairly sure i remember it was... even if it was McCarron, I lost 52 points.

Ive dropped 30 spots in overall, down to 81st :(

10. Len

Still a very decent effort mate.
    I was smashed at work Thursday & Friday and ended up making trades to help next week, crawled to 456 and dropped to 326 overall..

• Like Like x 1
  11. anthak

Im hoping theres some changes to scoring too, because Boone had a double double in real life, but the fantasy comp has only given him 9 of his rebounds.
    Should be an extra 24 pts for me

12. anthak

I won gameday on Saturday this round.
    Finished 10th for the round (and had Buford as VC today (Sunday) and didn't know he was out until after lockout).

• Like Like x 1
  13. anthak

Turns out, after rounding, I finished 8th for the round, 61 pts from 1st.
    If I hadve paid attention in the lead up to lockout on Sunday I could've swapped Buford and I would've had a big chance for 1st.
    Buford was my 6th man and VC.
    Others I considered for 6th man that day were: Alex Loughton, Rotnei Clarke, JP Tokoto. They scored 34, 32, 23 respectively.
    Others I had in my team for potential VC were: Trice 49, Cotton 45, Kickert 42, Jervis 27. I wouldn't have picked Jervis or Kickert for VC.

Pretty much no matter which option/combination I picked, I would've made up the 61 points I needed for 1st.

Unless I picked JPT and made him VC... which would've left me 15 points short. Anything else would've been fine.

FWIW, I reckon I probably would've picked JPT and made Trice VC, but who knows.

14. anthak

I finished 10th for the round in the main game this week. Moved back up to 35th overall :)