New TooSerious. New Features. Same awesome.

Discussion in 'Blog' started by walesy, Mar 21, 2016.

By walesy on Mar 21, 2016 at 10:08 AM
  1. walesy

walesy Administrator Staff Member

Season is just about to kick off, and we're all obviously obviously that there has been some serious changes to the site.

First things first, shout out to Jo who has been very understanding with the time that I've sunk into this thing. :D

Next up, features- and I'm kinda thinking that this post might become a manual of sorts, so I'll reserve a bunch of posts at the start and edit them as I go.

• Like Like x 4

Comments

Discussion in 'Blog' started by walesy, Mar 21, 2016.

• Tags:
    1. chris88
      chris88
      Brilliant Walesy. Just brilliant.
      • Like Like x 4
    2. Nick
      Nick
      Geez didn't think this site could get any better, then...BOOM!
      • Like Like x 3
    3. CJ92
      CJ92
      Hey there, just wondering is Average Against Team still available in the stats pages? Can't seem to find it at the moment.
      Thanks
    4. walesy
      walesy
      If it's not in the advanced fantasy stats, I'll look to get it in next time I play with the stats page.
    5. TheTassieHawk
      TheTassieHawk
      Hey @walesy I have set up a rough trade plan now that Round 1 scores are live in the system and hence prices now change from Round 3 for players who have played the first game

One thing I noticed is that if after Round 1 I trade out 2 of my starting rookies and bring in Hewett and Papley is that I can't select Hewett and Papley to be traded out after Rounds 5 or 6 or 7 (ie only the current 30 players are listed in the "Trade Out" Box, even though some of them have been traded out by that point) - is it possible to add them into the drop down list??

trade 1 plans.png
    6. walesy
      walesy
      I will definitely add that to the list.
    7. TheTassieHawk
      TheTassieHawk
      @walesy - the Trade Plans function is looking great with the "Cash Cows" and "Leaking Points" sections being populated now we are post Round 2, the only suggestion I would have is perhaps having 3 or 4 players listed in each section rather than 2 players as is currently the case.
    8. walesy
      walesy
      It's all based around base-prices and thresholds. Might need to tweak the actual numbers though. Trying to hit the right balance of slump- vs- GTFO!

Leaking

So, there are my biggest problems at the moment.
      Name - salary - 1week - 3 week
      Pendles - 627k - -25k - -56k
      Goldy - 695k - -26k - -70k
      Barlow - 505k - -40k - -95k
      Rockliff - $550k - -40k - -103k

However, only Rockliff and Barlow are displaying on the page as the other two- despite losing money, aren't really losing enough to qualify as a hemorage- more just a slump.

From memory, it's a percentage based check, so the higher-averaging guys will need a bigger incoming drop to get flagged.

Same for the cash cow side.

Firstly, it doesn't list guys that you own.
      and 2, it targets rookies. So despite Waite being "on track" for a 158k rise over 3 weeks, he's not going to get a mention.

However, it's currently excluding Parish and Weitering, so perhaps the threshold on that one should be lowered a bit. Might be their higher salary messing them up.

I dunno- is there anyone on your lists that you feel should qualify for either of though? I could have gone a little safe on them- mainly cause I didn't want to throw up a bunch of false-positives.
    9. walesy
      walesy
      Just quietly though, and I don't mean to toot myself on the back, but that trade page is pretty bloody cool. :D
      • Like Like x 2
    10. walesy
      walesy
      Except for the save button and the save trades button being two different things.

That's uncool. :D
    11. TheTassieHawk
      TheTassieHawk
      Goldy, Parish and Weitering were the main ones !

Perhaps Callum AhChee and Clay Cameron who each are predicted to make around $70k over 3 weeks, there might be more rookies now but later there will usually be less so perhaps it makes sense to lower the threshold slightly?
      • Like Like x 1
    12. walesy
      walesy
      Cool, I tweak the numbers when I get home tonight, looking to get those cheaper options into it.

I think I'm happy with Goldi, maybe- I'll double check the numbers- 10% over 3 weeks probably should count as a bleed. :D

Maybe splitting off into separate sub-sections might be the way to go- that way we can put up the "other options" - but keep highlighted those cases that need high visibility.