NFL TS Keeper League

Discussion in 'NFL' started by bgt2110, Jul 9, 2012.

1. BillyBass

BillyBass New Member

This is the first time I've been a part of a keeper league, and I'm assuming I'm not the only one, so i wanted to clear something up. We need to keep 9 players at the end of the season. Say for example I draft Ray Rice with my 1st round pick. If I want to keep him do I then have to sacrifice my 1st round pick in next years draft? And in general we lose the round's draft pick corresponding to the round we drafted the player in??

Just as a sidenote I was looking around the NFL.com fantasy page and it looks like there's been a TS league set up there as well. Anyone know who set it up?

2. bgt2110

bgt2110 Moderator Staff Member

My first keeper league but the way i envision it working is out of the 17 players on your roster you nominate 9 players as your "keepers", the other 8 are put back into the free agents list for anybody to pick up before the start of the 2013 draft. You can nominate your 9 keepers anytime up until the start of the following season draft starting in 2013.

In order to fill your roster back up to 17 before the start of the following season we hold another draft with the bottom team having pick number 1, second bottom having pick 2 etc.

So, no, you don't have to sacrifice your first round pick next year, your draft picks depend on where you finish on the ladder this year and who you nominate as your keepers will have no impact on this.

3. Fez

Fez Moderator

Will 2013 draft be snake or based this seasons standings ?

4. bgt2110

The 2013 draft will be held towards the end of August 2013, each team will have nominated their chosen 9 keepers and dropped the other 8 back into the pool of available players.

So we will have a draft to choose 8 players each which will be set up so that the team that finishes last this season will receive pick number 1, second last pick 2 and so forth. The draft will then revert to snake format like this year where the team that wins the championship this year will have pick 12 in round 1 of the 2013 draft and then pick 1 in round 2 etc.

I hope that format is ok with everyone.

5. Fez

Fez Moderator

No problem here can't wait for the draft

6. bgt2110

Can't wait for the draft either, will no doubt be getting a little more anxious this time in a fortnight.

Also can't wait for the season to start, all those 5am Monday morning alarms to get up and catch a few hours of the game before heading into work :)

7. Steve

Steve Moderator Staff Member

You are soft Brett. In the early part of the season until daylight saving I normally get up at 2.30 in the morning to watch the early game and then watch the start of the second game before I head off to work.

8. UnderAchievers

UnderAchievers Member

I guess it's early to bed on Mondays then Steve? Doesn't really match your tag as the 'last man standing'!

9. Steve

If I win the Last Man Standing (and that is a big if), I will be taking my wife and daughter to Disneyland. But more importantly I will make sure I go to some NFL and NBA games next year. I have to go back to Candlestick again!

10. bgt2110

Been following your progress and updates in the main pages and if the support you have from the entire TS community is anything to go by you stand a very good chance of taking it out, we all hope so.

Hmmm have to check to see if the niners take on Jimbowans raiders at Candlestick, that would be great to see live and add to the rivalry between you two :)

11. Steve

I first went to Candlestick back in 96 when the Niners played the Cowboys (Steve Young and Troy Aikmen were the QB's for the teams). Great game - went into OT but we lost. Cost me $250 US to get a ticket from a scalper as the game was sold out but it was worth it.

12. Fez

Fez Moderator

Depends who's on TV for the 3am Game but I'll generally get up for it

13. Johnson

Johnson Active Member

As a sidenote to Steve and Fez's ridiculous waking antics (what do you blokes do for a biscuit anyway after getting up at 3am??) has anyone tried the NFL season pass they promote through the NFL website to get games streamed to the computer?

14. Fez

Fez Moderator

Johnson, I don't miss a Man City game either unless I'm at work , Johnson most of those 3am wake up calls happened in High School

15. bgt2110

I personally haven't tried the NFL season pass, not sure it is worth it unless you don't have Foxtel or are away from home a lot and use the laptop or ipad whilst on the road.

My own habits for watching the games are getting up at 5am as mentioned, watching as much of the game as i can before heading off to work. Following the scores on nfl.com on my ipad whilst sitting on the train going to work and then watching the game that usually starts at 12pm our time on the foxtel IQ that i have recorded in the evening.

Will do the same for the game on Tuesday afternoon our time, record it on the Foxtel IQ and then watch it in the evening. Never miss Monday night football :)

16. BillyBass

BillyBass New Member

Thanks for the response bgt2110. I had seen the draft pick scenario that I explained a few times, but it makes no sense...typical Americans!!

17. TheTassieHawk

TheTassieHawk SC fanatic Staff Member

hey there

a few of you have already nominated but if others are interested in doubling up in a non keeper 2012 Nfl fantasy comp then try this link!

http://tooserious.net/nfl-fantasy-comp-20122013

cheers
    TTH

18. bgt2110

Am glad our draft is not for another week, a lot of preseason injuries and doubts about some of the top ranked guys in a few different positions. Going to make the draft order very interesting :)

19. stowie

stowie Moderator

2 QBs already makes the draft order very interesting!

20. Fez

Fez Moderator

Michael Vick been inj twice now but X-rays were negative this game