NFL TS Keeper League

Discussion in 'NFL' started by bgt2110, Jul 9, 2012.

1. jimbowan

jimbowan Well-Known Member

I agree Stowie, 2 QB changes things entirely.

2. snoz

snoz Moderator

Apologies for my absence lads.....its hard work visitiing all the practice facilities over here to get a leg up on you lot. Speaking of which, as a Jets fan I live all of 5 miles from Tebow City (Florham Park)...aka the Sanchizes tentative home.

Now if I've read this correctly, the draft is set for 9pm Tuesday night correct ?
    (( I'll admit I ahvent even been to the draft site yet ))

At pick 8 I think, I'll just ask for a smidgeon of leeway that first pick. I have a bad feeling thats 5am for me Tuesday morning ??? I'm gonna hate you lot !!! If I have my times correct, I will be offline btwn say 7am & 730am as I scamper into work....

3. bgt2110

bgt2110 Moderator Staff Member

I understand 9pm in Aus is 7am your time in New York. Don't know if you can juggle your time around a 7am start your time ?

4. snoz

snoz Moderator

I actually thought it was 16 hrs, thank bloody god !!!

Ok.....so 7am for me is 9pm for you...If I leave home at 630am I'll get into the office at about 7am...should be ok bgt ?

5. jimbowan

jimbowan Well-Known Member

Things is Snoz its a live draft - 90 seconds per pick - so not sure if leeway can come into it. Yep think its 7am EST for you, maybe commish can pick for you somehow if you give him a list? Is that possible in the settings Brett?

6. bgt2110

Should work out perfectly. First round of picks should go pretty quickly so i anticipate your first pick should happen within a few minutes after 7am.

If my timing is correct it should be 7.50pm right now in New York ??

7. snoz

snoz Moderator

(note to self, easy on the beers Monday night)

Got it JB....I will endeavour to be at work at 645am (ugh...hate you lot). The day before though I'll try to email Brett my first two picks, just in case....or at least a list that will contain two picks that havent been picked over by the vultures.

** I'll get you all back when I watch the games Sunday arvo at 1pm, 4pm & 8pm

8. snoz

snoz Moderator

Correct Brtt.....754pm....

9. bgt2110

I'm already jealous that you are only 5 miles away from the action most Sunday afternoons :)

The only way i can see to make a pick on your behalf would be to sign in under your profile which if needed i can do but if you can be at work and signed into the ESPN site at 7am it would be great.

10. bgt2110

Forgot to add that if you or anyone else are not able to make the draft the system will automatically pick for you the highest ranked player still left in the draft so you won't be hugely disadvantaged.

11. stowie

stowie Moderator

<blockquote>Quote from bgt2110 on August 22, 2012, 10:18
    Forgot to add that if you or anyone else are not able to make the draft the system will automatically pick for you the highest ranked player still left in the draft so you won't be hugely disadvantaged.
    </blockquote>

And you can adjust the list to give priority to other players and also tell it what position to favour more than others, etc. The auto draft options are actually quite advanced.

12. Fez

Fez Moderator

Whos got a link to do the mock drafts ?

13. bgt2110

http://games.espn.go.com/ffl/mockdraftlobby

14. BillyBass

BillyBass New Member

On the ESPN website theres a mock draft done by their experts for a 2QB league. Definitely worth checking out as there is some good strategy tips.

15. Fez

Fez Moderator

Billy a link would be appreciated

16. bgt2110

Try this Fez

http://sports.espn.go.com/fantasy/football/ffl/story?page=nfldk2k12mockdraft5

17. BillyBass

BillyBass New Member

Thanks bgt, slipped my mind!

18. Steve

Steve Moderator Staff Member

Did anyone watch the one hour fantasy draft show on ESPN on friday night? It was a great show, some real in depth discussion about some of the sleepers in the draft and some players to stay away from.

19. Fez

Fez Moderator

I did Steve, I have it on the IQ so might give it another watch before our draft

20. bgt2110

Before the league kicks off in less than a week i have had a suggestion from Jimbowan that our current set up of having 9 keepers in a 17 man roster may be too large and prevent any turnover for our starting rosters for the following season. We have 10 starters and 7 on the bench.

I agree with jim because the last thing we want is for anyone to lose interest or lose hope of being able to improve their team after a possible losing season.

If we amend the settings to 6 keepers do people believe this to be a fairer or better outcome for our league ??