NFL TS Keeper League

Discussion in 'NFL' started by bgt2110, Jul 9, 2012.

1. bgt2110

bgt2110 Moderator Staff Member

Didn't realise Matt Ryan had fallen to pick 52, not until the dust settles from the draft and you start analysing the result do you realise where the bargains were. In a 2 QB league he is a great pick up down there.

Had him last year and was happy with his output, as Fez mentioned he can only get better. At least i have Julio Jones so will be backing Ryan to throw many TD's to Jones in the years ahead :)

2. bgt2110

http://www.footytips.com.au/comps/TS_NFL_Tipping

I have created a TS NFL tipping competition over at footytips if anyone wants to join in, link is above.

3. jimbowan

jimbowan Well-Known Member

McFadden at #8 was the shocker for me, but its a pick I think that if it pans out could win a FF title, guy has top RB potential written all over him.

4. BillyBass

BillyBass New Member

Im hoping Dalton has a big year with AJ Green coz that would be great for my team! Not a huge fan of having a QB/WR from the same team but I didn't like any other qbs left, and i was planning on taking RGIII but he went a couple of picks before mine. Pretty happy overall tho.

5. snoz

snoz Moderator

I was surprised ( mistakenly I think ) at the run on the QBs so early.

Have never played 2 QBs so I get it....now, albeit a smidge too late :)

DMac at #8 was a given, expect him to be top 3 RB this year ~ as long as he doesnt get nicked up. having Vick and Dmac and Dez though is going to give me agita over the season though, two head cases & all brittle :)

6. Steve

Steve Moderator Staff Member

Can everyone please update their trading block.

I have an itchy trading finger and I would like to see who is available on everyone's roster.

7. Fez

Fez Moderator

Steve I'm happy to discuss ANYTHING , but I'm happy how I drafted so not sure I'd let anyone go.

Remember first game is Thursday lunch time Giants n Cowgirls

8. snoz

snoz Moderator

I'm open to trading anyone, not sure if that can be noted on the trading block ?

9. Fez

Fez Moderator

Ending up benching Michael Bush and Adrian Petersen for Ronnie Brown , at the half time break bush has 2 TDs and Petersen 1 :(

10. jimbowan

Fantasy Rule #1 - always start All Day Peterson! :)

However you comfortably beat my struggling lot so nothing lost!

11. snoz

snoz Moderator

All week AP was going to be "eased in".....in my $$ money league here I benched him as well :(

12. bgt2110

I believed the hype as well about Peterson and fielded Gerhart in the flex position, thanks for a lousy 1 point Toby ha ha ha

13. Fez

Fez Moderator

In the other league started Deangelo Williams he got -1 yards from 6 attempts what a hack n benched Lynch n Jordy Nelson

14. jimbowan

HAHA yeah I benched Jamaal Charles for Williams in one of my leagues! Tampa Bay run D - 10 yards rushing allowed, was dominant, very unusual to see numbers like that in todays NFL.

So were TB that good? or Carolina that bad?

15. Steve

Steve Moderator Staff Member

I lost my match by 2 pts thanks to a combined 4 pts from my RB's (Turner, Wells, Williams)

Looks like I could be on the market for a RB - I am prepared to trade Wes Welker if the right offer comes along.

Great performance by the 49'ers against Green Bay, was awesome to watch. We are going to be hard to beat this year!!! Huge FG by Akers to tie the NFL record - 63 yds.

Now if only only the Bolts can beat the scum in the late game :D

16. bgt2110

Looks like you will get your wish Steve with the Chargers looking like winning it off the boot of Kaeding.

Keep an eye out on the main page in the next day or two for a full write up of the results from this league as well as the other couple of NFL leagues which will be out each week.

17. Fez

Fez Moderator

Can't wait Brett I had an impressive start this week with 131 and 125 in my 2 leagues

18. jimbowan

UGH I got owned, as did the Raiders, week to forget! bring on week 2!

19. bgt2110

Reviews for week 1 have been written and are just waiting for Walesy to authorise the posting to the main page. Not sure if a moderator can check off on it but if so it is waiting in the site admin section ready for posting.

20. stowie

stowie Moderator

Hi guys, Great season and congrats again to the winners. Just wanted to put forward a suggestion for next year around QB situation. No one like to take a donut, but with 12 teams and only 32 QBs we are destined to face a couple throughout the season. I like that we have two, it's fun, but I think we either should drop back to one OR set a roster limit of only 2 QBs each. Would create some interesting add / drop and waiver situations and no one will have to cop a donut. Anyone got any other ideas or suggestions going forward?