NRL SuperCoach

Discussion in 'Other Sports' started by stephen247, Feb 13, 2012.

1. UnderAchievers

UnderAchievers Member

They look like a lot of good improvements there. I did have Farah until last night, and only moved him out cause I needed some extra coin. Aubusson definitely had to go considering he has been named in the centres and not 2nd row. Ropati is also a good inclusion.
    I have totally stacked my 2RF, and left the centres pretty bare, so I'm hoping a couple of the players who havent been picked will come back in the next few rounds.

2. Runci

Runci Moderator

Cheers guys thats me joined the SC league, 6spots still available

3. stephen247

stephen247 Member

Welcome aboard Runci. Now only 5 spots left. We're getting there. We might have to convince Lucas that it will be a bit of fun.

Unders - do you know when the Team lists are finalised? Is it similar to the AFL where by Friday night they have their final 17? Or is staggered depending on when they play?

4. UnderAchievers

UnderAchievers Member

I've never actually worked out when teams are finalised. I'm pretty sure teams dont become final until half an hour before each match starts. Very frustrating!

5 more spots left in the SC.

5. stephen247

stephen247 Member

45 mins to go... 4 spots left... I don't think we will quite fill the league... LUCAS where are you?!?!?!?!

6. UnderAchievers

UnderAchievers Member

Just threw the code on Supercoachtalk. Hopefully that will fill it. At least they take it somewhat seriously.

7. UnderAchievers

UnderAchievers Member

There we go! That filled it!

8. stephen247

stephen247 Member

Well - I'm dumb. I saw your post on NRLSCT (obviously not realising it was you) and thought I'd join another league......... lol

9. walesy

walesy Administrator Staff Member

Heh, my team is awesome. I have no idea of the scoring, no idea of the players.

However, I do have a fantastic working knowledge of trading, and SCGold has told me who are the most selected players... so, lets rock and roll! :D

Let's go Gordon, whoever you are!!

10. stephen247

stephen247 Member

That's the way I'm looking at it Walesy. I understand SuperCoach - not NRL. Out of the game last night I got a 36 and a 39. For AFL you would be cursing - but I think for the NRL version, they are average. Unders will be able to give us a better idea.

At least we have a team that is playing now - but still 22 days to keep tinkering with the other SC team...

11. UnderAchievers

UnderAchievers Member

Yeah, an interesting first game last night. Happy with Buderus who played a lot more mins than expected so hes a great pick for his price. Taia was not up to scratch though, seemed to be playing a bit wider than hoped, he may need to go before Rd 3. I assume they are the two players you had Stephen? These scores always get reviewed the next day and will more than likely change slightly. Gordon is a great player Walesy, but he has changed position since last season so wont be scoring as high as he did last year, expect a sig drop in price from him.

12. Runci

Runci Moderator

Yeah I had buderus too. Wasnt sure if his score was ok or not, bit disappointed tho as I had latimore 44 & de belin47 on the bench.

I think ive really gone top heavy with my front row & 2nd row... cam smith, burgess, farah, parker, fensom, gallen.

UA I didnt take your advice on cam smith simply because I didnt know of any alternative :D

13. walesy

wait... Guest?!?! HAXXORZ!!!

(mate, reckon you could send me an email on how you posted as a guest?! :D)

14. stephen247

stephen247 Member

Hi walesy - that was me. I just tried to replicate it but can't. I just came in earlier and replied to the post. I came back in - noticed my post was under Guest and instinctively hit Login. I then left again after reading your post to see if I could get back to post as a guest to figure out why. When I got back the Quick reply was gone. FWIW I am using FireFox...

15. walesy

No probs mate, I'm sure it would have been some kind of wierd timing with the session thing.

Oh, and thanks for the tip on Gordon! :D

16. weazel

weazel Member

hey all good to get the first match out of the way only had stanley playing for 29 wasn't too bad considering the game he had. put cuthbertson and de belin on your watchlists if you don't have them. buderus a little dissapointing for the mins played will go up a bit with that average. as for merrin cracking score off the bench but will be in the mix for origin so would avoid personally.good luck for the rest of the round

17. UnderAchievers

UnderAchievers Member

@Runci
    Can Smith is still going to be a great pick for you, he will score very high most games, I just like avoiding those players who will miss a bunch of games through origin and international duties. Looks like Fensom has been guaranteed 80 mins today in the wet, will score very well!

18. stephen247

stephen247 Member

I hope Cam Smith does well - because I have him - and he plays for the Storm!!! Just about to go to my mates to watch the game and then over to another friends to watch the Dees after that - a Melbourne double header.

19. Runci

Runci Moderator

Ok so got a couple of stupid questions....
    How does origin affect things? They play 3 games over 9 wks right? Do the players miss the weeks when origin games are played only hence 3 games or do they miss more?

Also I left De Belin on the bench as he was on the interchange bench but he scored well. Is the interchange just the same as afl and shouldnt affect a players score at all or did De Belin just do exceptionally well or were there othrr factors in play

20. UnderAchievers

UnderAchievers Member

Great first half from Fensom, I hope you all have him!
    The origin players miss the game before each origin match, they also may be rested or play limited minutes the game after each origin match. The main issue is that the big bye weeks are during this origin period, so you already have a few players missing because of the bye, then origin players also missing could potentially give you a donut.
    In regards to interchange players, it depends on which position they are playing. You will find that most front row forwards will only play 40 mins no matter whether they are in the starting lineup or come off the bench. Im not sure how many mins De Belin played but he actually ended up being named in the starting lineup an hour before the start of the match.