NRL SuperCoach

Discussion in 'Other Sports' started by stephen247, Feb 13, 2012.

1. Runci

Runci Moderator

UA Thanks for the clarification,

Huuuge score for Fensom- me likey!

2. weazel

weazel Member

billy slater you legend

3. weazel

weazel Member

my side sucks balls this round how are you guys going

4. Runci

Runci Moderator

Its hard to tell as I dont have anything to judge it against, I think probably average. I've got some great scores parker(c)178, fensom (97) carney (94). Some poor scores Te'o (28) hurrell (29) RThompson (33). And then cheapies like Halatau (55) doing well but guns like Farah (28) letting me down. 853 with 3 still to play, Burgess the only one of any note though.

What do you think? Is calling it average a bit optimistic?

5. UnderAchievers

UnderAchievers Member

Tough first week for SC! Plenty of injuries hit popular players already.
    Tedesco, Gordon, Ropati and Austin hit by injury, but the latter 2 should be fine. Poor Tedesco on the other hand started so strongly on his debut and then did his ACL. Looked very similar to Quade Cooper in the WC.
    Other players underperforming, Thurston, Farah, Mateo, Stagg, Taia.
    Will be a very low par score this week. I think I will be just below that mark which looks like being around 950.
    I think you'll end up with a pretty decent first up score Runci.

6. stephen247

stephen247 Member

784 with 2 to go - Matt King and S Burgess. Ropati and Thurstons hurt :( - 7 and 11 respectively. Couldn't fit Fensom in unfortunately. Put in Farah over Graham :( ... In your underperformers - I had them all except for Stagg :( . It's showing how much I don't know... :(

7. weazel

weazel Member

857 with burgess to go not good but plenty of room for improvement heroes are parker, fensom, carney, graham villans thurston, ropati, bromwich. on a side note will need to trade tedesco the poor bugger. a few more for the watchlist are tony williams, shaun johnson, josh mcguire,cameron ciraldo. @stephen farah will come good he has low scoring games occasionly i'm more worried about stagg only playing 35 mins wtf

8. Runci

Runci Moderator

Wondered if Tedesco got injured with that score. Shame for the boy, never like reading about that kinda thing.
    It looks like I lucked out a bit this wk.. Ropati, Thurston(he was left out as I knew he'd play origin :)),Taia, Mateo & Austin were all on my watchlist but didnt make my team.

Just checked my scores again & Carney has gone from 94 to 79- quite a difference. In fact a few players went down so I'm now down to 832 from 853

9. Runci

Runci Moderator

Anyone watch the game last night? Cant believe the roosters pulled that one out of their arse! A MOTM performance and 72pts from burgess - very nice. Farrell didnt score highly but good to see Reynolds take the pens and scorr a respectable 44. Got 981 for the wk, going by what UA said I'm v happy with that

10. UnderAchievers

UnderAchievers Member

Amazing finish to the game, feel bad for the Rabbits, who were clearly the better team. I finished with 950 (not too happy with that, dont recall missing out on 1000 at all last year), think Burgess' score will have pushed the par score up slightly, but you've done well there Runci. Big decisions to be made this week in regards to trades.

11. stephen247

stephen247 Member

Hi guys. Well done on your scores. But I just checked again to see if lockout had finished and mine had changed slightly from last night. I was on 895 but I'm at 908 at the moment. But from what you are saying UA, this is normal (ie for scores to change the next day). A bit disappointed with the score - maily because of a few players having shockers (you know who you are Ropati, Thurstans, Farah, Taia...). They had better do well next week.

I Have Tedesco, but seeing he was on my bench, bargain priced and I have no money left in the cap, I will wait until after next week to look for other players.

(And I only managed 773 in Dreamteam - but not spending too much time on that...)

12. Runci

Runci Moderator

I'm gonna do the same with Tedesco as he sat on my bench. Once its all updated I'll have a look at what bargains I missed out on this wk and probably trade accordingly.

13. stephen247

stephen247 Member

Hi guys - how did everyone do? I finished on 914 (I wished they kept the lockout going for longer - I would have got even more points!!!) That put me at 30,210. I great launching pad for an assault on the leaders over the coming weeks (says he hopefully...).

And for Dream team I stayed on 773 which put me at 7,548 - and I was getting down on it. Hmmm maybe I had better concentrate on DT!

14. UnderAchievers

UnderAchievers Member

Well I finished with 964 which puts me at 16,445, and in DT finished with 760 which puts me at 9,320. Not too happy with that start but I can safely say that given the many fails from the big guns this week that alot of the top SC players will be around the 1000 point mark in SC, and 800 point mark in DT. So not all that far behind really.
    Havent had a look at the team lists yet today, but I would assume there will be some nice cheap options to come in this week. Maybe they would be best picked up after rd 3 though, we will see.

15. Runci

Runci Moderator

I finished with 988 and at 10.8k in the comp so just squeezed into the top 10%. I made a couple of trades just before lockout, think I might be a bit trigger happy but TWilliams came in and sounds like he's a keeper.

16. weazel

weazel Member

parker out for a bit with surgery on his thumb (4-6 weeks appprox) may have to swap for gallen he should hold value and hopefully switch them around again come origin (if parker misses). have jt and broomwich who will bleed money next round so i will take the hit on jt and trade broomich for t-rex (injured?) or de belin for some more cow action.

17. weazel

weazel Member

josh mcguire will be a good buy if he gets more mins from parkers injury

18. weazel

weazel Member

great round for the shambles (sc) 1122 and the imperium (dt) 898 pre updates much better than rd 1

19. Runci

Runci Moderator

So you're shambles. Great score. I'm happy also with 1067 before updates, hopefully it'll go up quite a bit. That was a monster score for burgess, maybe be most ppl's choice for captain next wk since parker is out.

20. weazel

weazel Member

yeah burgess going great this year will be between him and gal for the c or i could go jt for a heart starter lol