NRL SuperCoach

Discussion in 'Other Sports' started by stephen247, Feb 13, 2012.

1. Runci

Runci Moderator

Howdy all it doesnt take long for the next round to come along by the time all scores are updated! Does everyone know what theyre doing about parker? Hindmarsh& mateo seem to be the obvious choices for me. Although I'm thinking i might cheap out so i can strengthen other areas with all the extra cashola. Moved up to 4.7k last wk so hoping to keep the momentum going.

2. stephen247

stephen247 Member

Yeah - by the time they open supercoach again, the teams have been released and it's time to decide who (if any) to trade! For me I resisted trading the first week but after a shocker last week (my confidence at doing well is now shot) I have traded Parker -> Fenson and Tedesco -> Humble. Needing to get the points up hence the first trade and the second is just replacing an injured player for a similar priced cashie.

How are others fairing...?

3. Runci

Runci Moderator

I decided to back my choice of bringing in Mateo this wk by making him capt. Go you good thing - 220pts. I could so easily have gone fensom though- anyone unlucky enough to put the C on him? It's just as well I took Mateo as I've had some very ordinary scores with the worst ones fensom's 19 & hurrell's 14. Hopefully Gallen will score well without going daft as I wouldn't want those who've captained him getting too much advantage :)

Hows everyone going?

Also does anyone know why SJohnson scored 8 then 30 after a 1st round score of 84?

4. stephen247

stephen247 Member

Thanks Runci - rub it in... Bought in Fensom - and left the C on him. Just not picking the right players. Unlike you - good pickup of Mateo. I'm sitting on a whopping 782 with only one player left...

Bring on the AFL...

5. weazel

weazel Member

@runci johnson's scores are crap because maloney and mateo are doing all the work i didn't see this weeks match but last week he just sat back and let maloney and mateo control the attack i imagine the same happened this week as well where as the first week he was in everything . as for my round it is ordinary to say the least dugan and fensom down burgess as capt(could be worse). with carney t rex and gallen to go looking at 800 to 850 well down from the 1144 last week lol. dt is looking the same as well burgess as capt massive fail although it will make things interesting towards the end of the season because a lot of people will have burnt 6 trades all ready and most will use 1 or 2 again this week for fence.

6. Runci

Runci Moderator

Weazel - Thanks for that mate, I'll take him off my watchlist with that info.

TWilliams to get 7-10wks for a grade 4 throw. I've already burnt a trade to bring him in. AArrgh

7. weazel

weazel Member

johnson will have big games still but to inconsistent he may be a good but next year with maloney moving on. yes i traded in t-rex in as well doh (i had a bad feeling about it). my cracking round of 850 saw me drop a massive 5722 places this week lol in sc. dreamteam i fared better even though my score was 300 less only saw me drop 800 places. this week i need too offload fensom trex and dugan same in dt but add farah as well lol headaches galore.

8. Runci

Runci Moderator

Another week another 2trades down!! Start of the H2H this wk and I've got a feeling that this is the wk when UnderAchievers goes BANG. Good luck all

9. weazel

weazel Member

i don't meet you until rnd 16 runci i could be out of trades by then lol

10. Runci

Runci Moderator

haha I was just thinking the same about my team. Lets hope we dont have too many injuries that round, it could get embarassing :D

11. weazel

weazel Member

injury enforced trades this week were fensom to c.smith and tedesco to paulo (how good is the new trading system) which sees allgood back to 2rf and norman to start full back
    i will hold t-rex(more price rises when he's back) and dugan for now as i have decent cover. the only upside of last week both should miss out on origin 1 so hopefully they don't get picked for 2 or 3 fingers crossed

12. weazel

weazel Member

what a round scored 2 league wins and 1045 up from 850(the roller coaster is in fine form)only had the 2 spuds this week in jt and hurrell(forgiven for the price although why blokes get a run in first grade if they can't last 80 mins i don't know). finally got cpt choice right gallen 222 massive no injuries this week i don't think (hope) how did you guys end up

13. Runci

Runci Moderator

Not a great wk for me. Soundly beaten by UnderAchievers and dropped from 1.8k overall to 4.8k. De Belin not playing didnt help my cause but i obviously didnt check team sheets well enough.

14. UnderAchievers

UnderAchievers Member

Hey guys, sorry I have been a bit AWOL lately! Glad te injury curse has halted for one week anyway. Glad a got a first win on the board (sorry Runci). Might have to lay off the trades for a couple of weeks, but I can't wait to start upgrading my low scoring players. Gotta start hitting those >1200 scored sooner rather than later!

15. stephen247

stephen247 Member

Hi All, I had a better week than the couple previous, but still not that flash. Only had one league win and still dropped about 2000 spots. I really need to pick up my act - but ironically I am doing a lot better in Dreamteam and I haven't been spending anywhere near the same amount of time on that... Maybe there's a lesson there....

16. stephen247

stephen247 Member

Wednesday night I went through, checked everything, and I decided no changes were needed for either SC or DT. Last night I then made 2 changes in each... I'll know on Tuesday if it was madness or not (or just maybe the glass I red I shouldn't have when doing my teams...)

17. UnderAchievers

UnderAchievers Member

As long as you get to knee jerk trades out of your system before AFL starts then you'll be ok! I made one trade this week, had to get rid of Bromwich. He was a fat waste of space in my team!

18. Runci

Runci Moderator

Last wk was a disaster- under 900pts! This wk is looking slightly better but another H2H loss I reckon loooking at the POD's. If Jamie Lyon decides to do something this yr it would help!!

19. weazel

weazel Member

get your money together for parker boys looked good last night

20. frostylane

frostylane New Member

Yep - saw the games yesterday (on hols in NRL territory atm). Still don't understand the game fully - but Parker did look good. I was going through who I would have to get rid off to get him in (just got Gallen in this week). Sitting on 379 for 6 played - so I'm happy about that.

Sorry guys - this is actually from Stephen247 (Frostylane is my wife who was on before I started looking)