Number of trades remaining

Discussion in 'AFL' started by KTBFFH, May 2, 2012.

1. Moblets

Moblets New Member

Hale or Roughhead..Hale cheaper but i'm leaning to Roughhead as Hale only scores 100's when he kicks goals.

2. Astro39

Astro39 New Member

Yeah I wouldn't get Hale now - I had him in from the start as ruck cover - the plan was always to trade him into the rucks at his bye and cash in one of the ruck cows. Rough does look a very good option now though - if he had of started the season he would have been in a whole lot more teams than what he actually is.

3. H_Dons

H_Dons New Member

@Astro39

Yep my plan was to upgrade Hale to Cox by about this time.

However it was Pendles-o'clock this week and Hale was my weakest link. Agree that he has had a tough draw but I just couldn't handle the inconsistency and when Mcauly plays he eats Hale's score.

4. Manikato1

Manikato1 New Member

I have 19. By round 13 the team should be complete and I will have approx 3 trades for the rest of the season. Only interested in overall and always intended to go this way. Intend doing same with DT which is in better shape player wise. Trade hard early and get the best team you can as soon as you can is the way to go.

5. SuperCoachSuperStar

SuperCoachSuperStar New Member

I'm hoping that 3 trades is enough to last from rounds 14-23, it's easier to win from a winning position than a losing position.

6. VanderHaar

VanderHaar New Member

playing for league
    19 trades left
    but have to fix bock now (
    so far been used on 2 bubbled cows , 2 sideways fixes and 1 injury

7. kram

kram Member

I have 20 trades left, sitting at around 12700. Desperately need to get Delidio in and will need Ablett back when he starts playing again. I still think its 2-3 weeks to early to cash in on Magner, Kennedy, Smith, Bower etc (especially with Smith and Bowers big scores playing into the price rise for 3 weeks) With Fyfe dealt with last week I have no injury concerns, and just Hall and Redden not playing. Hall might need to come back with Bock injured.

8. fidelsfinger

fidelsfinger New Member

<blockquote>Quote from KTBFFH on May 1, 2012, 14:04
    Currently I have used 5, 19 remaining

Usually I would save up as many trades as possible for the end of the season, but with players such as Horsely etc set to bubble in the next couple of weeks, would it be ideal to begin downgrading players? (especially if one has used up as many trades as I have)

There are also players who will bottom out and become bargains, Pendlebury, Goddard, Buddy, Mitchell etc that could add value to a team that is ranked right up there.

How many trades would you want to have approaching the byes?</blockquote>

Depends on if you're hunting a league win or overall points,
    points = you cant afford a donut anywhere ever & being only 1 winner it's lotto like odds,
    until they extend payouts to top 10 or top 100, league wins seem much more realisticly attainable.
    In which case you'd want at least 13 trades coming into the bye rounds and at least 9 trades after the byes.

<blockquote>Quote from H_Dons on May 2, 2012, 23:14
    @Astro39

Yep my plan was to upgrade Hale to Cox by about this time.

However it was Pendles-o'clock this week and Hale was my weakest link. Agree that he has had a tough draw but I just couldn't handle the inconsistency and when Mcauly plays he eats Hale's score.
    </blockquote>
    Can't argue with that logic, pendles was the right move!

<blockquote>Quote from Manikato1 on May 2, 2012, 23:42
    I have 19. By round 13 the team should be complete and I will have approx 3 trades for the rest of the season. Only interested in overall and always intended to go this way. Intend doing same with DT which is in better shape player wise. Trade hard early and get the best team you can as soon as you can is the way to go. </blockquote>

Agreed M8, that's how winners win,
    the vo rogue/sunline front runners win on overall points,
    the silky sullivan swoopers win the leagues.

I'd like to see prizemoney extended to top 100, or at the very least top 10,
    it's not as though there's not enough interest in the game to justify that,
    but unfortunately, I suppose tightarses will remain firmly clenched for the forseeable future.

<blockquote>Quote from VanderHaar on May 7, 2012, 22:30
    playing for league
    19 trades left
    but have to fix bock now (
    so far been used on 2 bubbled cows , 2 sideways fixes and 1 injury</blockquote>

vanderz, you're in my cash league, runner up is the best you can hope for :p

9. VanderHaar

VanderHaar New Member

<blockquote>Quote from fidelsfinger on May 8, 2012, 00:27

vanderz, you're in my cash league, runner up is the best you can hope for :p </blockquote>

would you like to wager on that ? .... oh wait ... redundant

ill save you a photo of my celebration inebriation leftovers .

10. fidelsfinger

fidelsfinger New Member

we already have our side wager,
    I congratulate you in advance on your runners up prize :p

11. Gonaddz

Gonaddz Member

So how many trades are you guys looking to have by round 13? How many premiums are you looking to have in your side?

12. leb17

leb17 New Member

i already am down to 19, (17 after this week), im hoping to do most of my upgrading around and just after the byes, but that will leave me with probably around 1o or less at round 13 :S

13. BigLance

BigLance New Member

Rnd 13? Lol ill be lucky to have 4

14. TigersTooTough

TigersTooTough Administrator

I have 19 left but am planning to use 4 over the next 2 weeks (double downgrade of Goodes and Shiel to Adams and Horsely this week and then double upgrade of D.Smith and B.Ellis to any defender and forward next week).

15. SuperCoachSuperStar

SuperCoachSuperStar New Member

I'm hoping for 4 trades but expecting 3.

16. obleex

obleex New Member

Down to 17 with Goodes to get rid of...really struggling with injuries! If I was to go a straight Goodes > Danger and Magner > Horsley (or Kennedy > Adams) would (and I think I know the answer to this already, just want someone else to tell me!) having just 15 trades have me in crisis mode?

Or do I need to just accept the fact that I missed the boat with both Horsley and Adams?

17. Gonaddz

Gonaddz Member

Horsley is a boat you do not wanna miss. It seems Adams is gonna be in tagging mode this week so it might sour his score a little bit.

18. obleex

obleex New Member

Yeah it would be a big loss. But with Goodes to go if I was to get him I'm left with 15 trades left - so only 7 upgrades you'd reckon not taking into account more injuries...I hate this game sometimes!!

19. hench

hench New Member

20 left: Goodes to Chapman
    19 left: Magner to Horsley

20. chris88

chris88 1000 Monkeys at 1000 Typewriters Staff Member

I've only got 12 trades left, but have upgraded early.

Really haven't got a lot of upgrading to do - a couple up forward and 1 down back (perhaps one in the mids too) but have a bit of cash so that'll save a trade.

Not going to have enough trades - never do. But I'm keeping a few stashed away for later in the year - something I haven't don in other years.

Once the next 2-3 weeks are done and my upgrading is mainly done, I'm shutting up shop on trades. That said, I'm only playing leagues so my approach my be different.