Number of trades remaining

Discussion in 'AFL' started by KTBFFH, May 2, 2012.

1. TheTassieHawk

TheTassieHawk SC fanatic Staff Member

@chris88 - your trade finger must be badly blistered if you have made 2 trades each week from rds2-7!!

I am not completely clear on whether you are considering
    (i) another 5-6 trades by Rd10 with an almost fully upgraded team heading into the byes and 6-7 trades for rds11-23, or
    (ii) slowing things down a little to have an almost fully upgraded team heading by say round 13, with 6-7 trades for rds14-23

Good luck in any case !!

2. Rankz

Rankz New Member

Isn't anyone afraid of Horsley getting the vest since GAJ is back?

3. chris88

chris88 1000 Monkeys at 1000 Typewriters Staff Member

Tassie Hawks- the latter option - upgrades by Rd 13 leaving 7ish trades for the rest of the year.

4. TheTassieHawk

TheTassieHawk SC fanatic Staff Member

<blockquote>Quote from Rankz on May 11, 2012, 12:47
    Isn't anyone afraid of Horsley getting the vest since GAJ is back? </blockquote>

Hi Rankz

It's always a risk - but will also be the case with any other rookie you bring in form here on in,
    as well as probbaly with most if not all of the ones that that you are currently playing on field as well!!

Cheers
    TTH

5. Lucas

Lucas Moderator Staff Member

Chris
    Dunno, looking at your team your upgrades may have been made but you are missing a bit of quality in there. And the trade amounts you do have don't really give much scope for quality upgrades from here.

My team's struggling in terms of upgrades but I've got 20 trades to rectify things.
    I'd be thinking for my team:
    4 def prems. Need to add Scotland and Goddard and probably keep Clarke as D7 - 4 trades needed
    4 mid prems. Need to add Murphy and Ablett - 5 trades needed (hopefully)
    No "True" ruck prems. Might look to get one in (Cox/Sandi) and ride the rest out - 2 trades needed
    4 fwd prems. Need 3 more. Prems in forward line I see as crucial - 6 trades needed

17 would do the job, only allowing 3 spares for injuries. That means Goodes is one, just like Fyfe was. Ablett was used, but I'm hoping that I can get back into him on the cheap.

Adding those players to my team would add roughly 270 to my average, pushing it to about 2400 fully fit. I'm thinking my team is probably about 100 ppg off what it needs to be to be competitive for overall, and that's probably down to picking incorrectly to start the year, and copping a few injuries along the way.

At the moment I'm 1000 down on the leader and I'd suggest that will end up around the 2500 points behind by end of season. Let's see how it pans out though.