"Old Man" Whinge Thread

Discussion in 'ORFFU' started by JPK, May 12, 2017.

1. bryzza

bryzza Well-Known Member

There were a few factors in the Motlop trade, he would not have made my top 7 midfielders, even as a Mid/Fwd at best an emergency but in saying that you need good emergency playing to be in with a chance so i probabaly would have kept him. Howe went from a defender to a midfielder so i was short a quality defender and Harbrow was a good fit considering I traded in Bruce to fill Motlop's void. Still annoys me no end as he could have been worth more as a fwd when trading. How could CD get it so wrong ???

2. choppers

choppers Well-Known Member

Here's my first of the new season......we need @HOLKY to take over organising the playing schedule again for next season and let someone else come up against Dusty in the first game. Seeing as I did the draw again this year, I need to give myself an uppercut, as Dusty (against Carlton) has destroyed the Barcrawlers two years in a row, scoring 159 last year and 139 this year...
    It's time for a change.....:(:(:(:(:(:(

• Like Like x 4
  3. HOLKY

HOLKY Moderator

Well, Amon was orange light when I put him in, so I was within the rules but I guess I can't argue with absolute power.

4. eagle_eyed

eagle_eyed Training the house down!

I’m not trying to stir up trouble mate but you have already admitted to attempting to play the loophole.

5. HOLKY

HOLKY Moderator

I admitted to playing unethically, (still a vice a need to work on though) but by lockout I only had green and orange light players in my team as per the rules.

6. Tomster

Tomster Well-Known Member

@HOLKY don't hide it down your pants the cameras will catch it! :p

7. JPK

JPK Moderator Staff Member

I saw that the green light / orange light thing was in your favour @HOLKY, even though it was obvious that you made a change to get an advantage (whether you knew that Amon was playing in the SANFL or not). This was actually making it hard for me to punish you for playing the loophole, because with the way the rule is worded, there's enough ambiguity.
    But then you came and flat-out admitted to playing the loophole, and while its great that you told the truth straight up (something the Australian Cricket team could learn from), we can't have coaches going against the rules.
    I think we need to re-word the rule going forward, so that it unambiguously states that loopholing is not allowed. In the meantime, the rule states that emergencies are to be used for genuine emergencies, while the spirit of the rule is that they are not to be used as a "free hit" and "second chance" to get a good score.
    We've never allowed loopholes to be used. We have a single fixed lockout (on normal weekends) for this very reason.

• Like Like x 1
  8. bryzza

bryzza Well-Known Member

more of a statement than a rant/whinge

9. martyg

martyg Well-Known Member

So, I got rid of two players that were just stinking it up in my team. This allowed me to bring in some youth for the future.

SD Thompson and J Geary - currently averaging 96 and 114 respectively. Whilst most of the youth, friggin donuts. FML.

• Like Like x 1
  10. bryzza

bryzza Well-Known Member

they wont keep it up

11. JPK

This really upsets me...
    upload_2018-4-20_8-18-38.png
    (think about the words actually going through my head)

I know the games are not until midweek, and so are nearly 1 week away right now, but surely the AFL could get these clubs to name squads so that we as fans atleast have an idea who is likely to play. I'm sure I've said it before, and I'll say it again - with all the money tied up in betting and fantasy football competitions right now, the AFL owes it to the patrons to atleast have some transparency with team selections (and injuries).
    Its absolutely ridiculous!

• Like Like x 5
  12. choppers

Think I read somewhere those teams don't need to be announced until Monday 5pm.....

13. JPK

...after every other game has already been played...

• Like Like x 1
  14. choppers

The chief has just posted that those 4 teams, To Be Announced Monday.....looks like it's fact.

15. bryzza

bryzza Well-Known Member

not going to name any coaches , but it still erks me that all match reports are not being done

• Like Like x 3
  16. ddsaints

ddsaints Well-Known Member

To be honest @bryzza i rarely read the match reports. Doesn’t bother me to much.

But what I’m here for is to whinge about Jack Newnes....yeah he was injured this week but come on man show me something. Being a saints fan that I am he drives me nuts, I’m not sure he has anything else. I think he has reached his peak. Grrrr
    Frustrated Saints fan :mad:

• Like Like x 1
  17. Tomster

Tomster Well-Known Member

Agree 100%. I feel like he is one of the worst culprits of bombing the footy into our forward line and hoping for the best. Could still be a great player but hasn't shown it recently

18. YAD69

YAD69 Moderator Staff Member

Man these F#$K ing late outs and in is killing me, I think Chris Scott is playing games with his opposition or he has no idea what he is doing.
    :( :( :(

19. eagle_eyed

eagle_eyed Training the house down!

The best parts of Geelong or North games is the Scott brothers reactions; always cracks me up.

• Like Like x 1
  20. YAD69

YAD69 Moderator Staff Member

I’m doing one of those faces now cause Stanley scored 100 wtf!