One Team Spot available in Draft League

Discussion in 'Leagues' started by ORFFWizard, Jan 1, 1970.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ORFFWizard

ORFFWizard Guest

[span style='color: #000000; background-color: #f5f5f5;]Fantasy league drafts tend follow three possible formats - linear (order stays the same each round), snake (order reversed each round) or double serpentine (order reverses every two rounds after the first reverse at round two of draft).

[span style='color: #000000; background-color: #f5f5f5;]

[span style='color: #000000; background-color: #f5f5f5;][span style='color: #000000; background-color: #ffffff;]We are using double serpentine draft order where the coach who goes last in Round 1 leads off Rounds 2 and 3, but then the coach who started Round 1 gets to start Rounds 4 and 5. This continues for the remainder of the draft (two rounds match each other in order, then they switch for two) and the draft board looks like a snake draft except it twists back every two rounds instead of one.

2. ORFFWizard

ORFFWizard Guest

I tend to browse on here for the lovely stats for SC during the season.
    However also been playing a draft game for a number of seasons
    and a spot is vacant for season 2016.
    This is not a keeper league I should point out.
    It is a draft game we draft a list from scratch with 10 clubs in the league and the draft starts in about two weeks.

We use Supercoach scoring but different positions. I've customized them to be more realistic so you pick a football team the same as a real team with key positions and the traditional 18 on field and 4 on bench. The 4 guys that end on the bench score at reduced power for that round in the match.

Each club drafts an initial primary list during January and after the AFL pre-season games are done we come back for drafting a supplementary list for each club which is 8 players. This is run in very much the same way AFL clubs have a rookie list as back up to there primary list. However in our games case it will be 33 players on primary ;list and 8 on a supp list.

During the season there are five in season drafts up till end of round 15 which means you can de-list dead wood and re-fresh with any free agents at regular intervals during the first half of season.
    So this is very much a draft syle/management game and teams get locked in for normal rounds on the Friday so there is no loopholing of any type. What happens is you name a few emergencies for specific areas of your time line-up you submit and if any late outs those players can come into the team.

Most of the communication of importance will happen via e-mail if you want to join and scoring we do via google spreadsheets.

If this appeals to you as a game you would like to play and can commit to the submitting of teams and managing of list during season then feel free to get in contact with me via message here and will follow up if you sound genuinely suitable to this type of fun game.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.