Only halfway through Syd vs. Freo and Broughton has done it again

Discussion in 'AFL' started by TigersTooTough, Apr 8, 2012.

1. Benny

Benny New Member

My concern over Broughton is definitely his role in the side. Duffield appears to be playing the quarterback type role and Broughton is taking a shut down role on a star forward. He's done a good job of it so far so I can see it continuing. He played well when given more freedom after Duffield went down and with the Duff repotedly fine to play I can't see any reason their roles will change.

2. TigersTooTough

TigersTooTough Administrator

My dilemma; Broughton can be a keeper and with Duffield out, he can become the 'general'. However, more than likely, his price is going to plummet...maybe as low as $400 000. Even if he starts to score well is he worth holding onto? Dempsey is the next best option.

3. hawks2008

hawks2008 Member

With mundy to come in, barlow looking like playing a full game and even the possibility of lachie neale (remember him) coming into the side, i think its fairly safe to say that we will only see very brief stints in the midfield for poor old broughts. I know he was pretty good on stevie j in round one, so ross lyon would be reluctant to change his role if hes playing the shut down one well. Does anyone know who he played on against the swans and how he went?

4. JackosDream

JackosDream Member

Another way to look at the Broughton dilemna is that he isn't scoring enough points and maybe a swap with say Dempsey may gain you points and cash. If at some later stage Broughton starts scoring premium points then bring him in at a reduced price as a swap for a cash cow that has fattened up nicely.