ORFFA 2013 Pre-season Draft Pool

Discussion in 'ORFFA' started by Len, Feb 13, 2013.

1. Len

Len Cockburn Knightrider Staff Member

I used to have a phantom ring, not sure if that counts for much as my drafting skills are clearly under-developed. I haven't had a good look at what people might want, but this is how I rate them. <table border='0' cellpadding='0' cellspacing='0' width='168' style='border-collapse: collapse; width: 126pt;] <col width='168' style='width: 126pt;[/img]
    <td style='height: 15pt; width: 126pt;]Joe Daniher

<td style='height: 15pt;]Jaeger O'Meara

<td style='height: 15pt;]Lachie Whitfield

<td style='height: 15pt;]Oliver Wines
    <tr height='32' style='height: 24pt;] <td style='height: 24pt;]Brad Crouch

<td style='height: 15pt;]Jimmy Toumpas

<td style='height: 15pt;]Jesse Lonergan

<td style='height: 15pt;]Jack Viney

<td style='height: 15pt;]Sam Mayes

<td style='height: 15pt;]Jake Stringer

2. Len

Updated

3. chris88

chris88 1000 Monkeys at 1000 Typewriters Staff Member

Definitely have to have a look at the needs of those drafting in the top 10. There's a few teams after forwards, which would suggest Messers Daniher, Mayes and Stringer will be gone inside the top 10 picks. Then add in the midifield montys - Whitfield, O Mara, Crouch, Viney, etc, as well as Toumpas, Wines ... well that's most of the 10. Of course, O'Rourke and Plowman could still be thereabouts too. What does that mean? Well, it does mean that there's going to be a couple of quite handy types slipping to between 10 and 15. Macrae, Vlastuin, Menzel, maybe O'Rourke and Plowman ... Lonergan. Of course guys like Plowman and Vlastuin may slip further if the trend of people chasing forwards over the ample defender numbers continues. This information does absolutely nothing to help my pick 13 quandary either. I am increasingly looking at going right out of left field with this draft and throwing the guidebook out the window.

4. chris88

Oh, And I've decided to do some last day trade period madness too - I'll add some details on the Guim page.

5. Fitzy

Fitzy Guest

Like Chris happy to here offers on all my players, look at the Venus Bay Vulture thread for more details.

6. melbandy

melbandy Active Member

I feel like an ant making love to a giraffe....JO'M...Daniher....Jo'M....Dani... Just running from one end to the other.

7. chris88

Ah, that's great stuff.

8. TerryinBangkok

TerryinBangkok Moderator Staff Member

melbandy wrote:
    I feel like an ant making love to a giraffe....JO'M...Daniher....Jo'M....Dani... Just running from one end to the other. You been talking to anthak have you Andy?

9. Len

melbandy wrote:
    I feel like an ant making love to a giraffe....JO'M...Daniher....Jo'M....Dani... Just running from one end to the other. Hopefully whichever you don't pick[span style='text-decoration: line-through;] Lennygravenger passes over for a defender :)

10. Folks. I had a glance through your free-agents list and noticed Tom Mitchell as an absentee from the Sydney squad. Was that because you did some earlier drafting where he was picked up and The Bomb wasn't, or an error? Just curious of course, as I wouldn't want him to be overlooked in your draft due to not being listed

11. TerryinBangkok

Thanks BB. Len will be all over that. chels had a whole family of Mitchells at one stage. Or was it a family of Sams?

12. Len

BlueBeliever wrote:
    Folks. I had a glance through your free-agents list and noticed Tom Mitchell as an absentee from the Sydney squad. Was that because you did some earlier drafting where he was picked up and The Bomb wasn't, or an error? Just curious of course, as I wouldn't want him to be overlooked in your draft due to not being listed chels was the early bird on him bb, picked in last years draft

13. TerryinBangkok

Daniher not being given a run this weekend not creating a bad smell for anyone?

14. graeme

graeme Guest

I understand TiB that often where there is smoke there is also smell?

15. Len

updated. I am not scared off by it tib, he appears to be rolled gold, though perhaps like my young Mr Cameron a year or two from showing it.