ORFFA 2014 MSD Draft Thread

Discussion in 'ORFFA' started by Len, May 5, 2014.

1. snoz

snoz Moderator

Ooops............9am my time. Sorry lads, busy bloody morn already. Chels swooped in on my pick.......ggrrrrrr :) so we will go to the other end of the ground. From Pie land.....Jack Frost DEF

2. Len

Len Cockburn Knightrider Staff Member

Twin Frosts and it's still Autumn ;) Wombats are up

3. Lenny120

Lenny120 Well-Known Member

With #38 the Wombats take Arryn Siposs (FWD)

4. Len

Despite my best efforts the bug has bitten, I held it off with the first 2 picks, but the homeboy tag is hard to avoid when you chase youth and your club is choc full of it. CR made it easier when he removed one of the three unselected Giants I had listed. With pick 40 the Misfits select Jake Barrett Mid GWS, 2015's Rising Star winner...

5. graeme

graeme Guest

[span style='font-family: 'Courier New'; font-size: 13px;]There seems to be some confusion Len, you commented 'Jake Barrett Mid GWS, 2015's Rising Star winner'. However, the Waikick community is punting Lloyd Perris Mid Swans as the 2015 Rising Star winner.

6. snoz

snoz Moderator

.......silly boys. 2015 Rising Star will no doubt be jack shoulder martin

7. dmandrews

dmandrews Well-Known Member

Bandit wrote:
    Howdy, sorry for the delay. My fellow Tasmanian took my ideal selection in Golden Balls... but that;s ok. I am going pure backup here... welcome back Heath 'Reg' Grundy to the Spelunkers for pick 34 The two Tasmanian clubs in the ORFFA are on the same wavelength as the next player on the Cradle Mountain *short-list after Goldsack was Grundy. It is the second draft in a row that Grundy narrowly missed out on being drafted by the Devils with their final selectionso it is great to see Grundy return to his original home in the ORRFA, Charlie's Opening. Just corrected above, the Devils don't have a *shot-list, it was just a typo.

8. Len

Our oracle is somewhat unreliable and often subject to inventive interpretation :)

9. graeme

graeme Guest

With the draft drawing to a close can I thank you Len for (again) conducting a brilliantly organised process. You are a credit to us Len - and it looks like we will meet your prediction that we seem to deal with drafts very efficiently. Why? Because of you amigo! Also to the other members of the association - well done. I think we all deserve a pat on the back. I may well have a glass or two of red later; no doubt one of us is thinking 'make mine a double.'

10. snoz

snoz Moderator

Jesus Kiwi......you don't need much of an excuse for a red do you lad :)

11. graeme

graeme Guest

correct sNoZ, and with some fabulous reds coming from Waikick country why should we not take every opportunity to sample our sponsors' fine products?

12. Len

chels wrote:
    With the draft drawing to a close can I thank you Len for (again) conducting a brilliantly organised process. You are a credit to us Len - and it looks like we will meet your prediction that we seem to deal with drafts very efficiently. Why? Because of you amigo! Also to the other members of the association - well done. I think we all deserve a pat on the back. I may well have a glass or two of red later; no doubt one of us is thinking 'make mine a double.' Cheers mate, nothing works without buy in, and this group is pretty good at buying in, it's a group effort :) We may have a bit of a holdup today, things are getting 'tetchy' in Bangkok right now and I am not sure about Terry's ability to get online. If we don't hear from him this afternoon I will give him a call, make sure all is well and get his pick list :p

13. snoz

snoz Moderator

.......suggest we just sit back and patiently wait. No time limit. When he's back online we go again. Whenever that is. We've got over a week so we have plenty of time to give him, just hope the lad's ok. (Of course.......there's a certain super power that would fly over there in a heart beat and have ya back TiB)

14. graeme

graeme Guest

[span style='font-family: Tahoma; font-size: 13px;]'nothing works without buy in, and this group is pretty good at buying in, it's a group effort :)' [span style='font-family: Tahoma; font-size: 13px;]
    [span style='font-family: Tahoma; font-size: 13px;]Much too modest Len, you continue to do a grand job.

15. chris88

chris88 1000 Monkeys at 1000 Typewriters Staff Member

Hope Terry is staying safe and away from those interested in armed coups. Best wishes from over here Terry as well. And definitely a big bravo to everyone for what has been a really smooth draft process, in and out a few 'Mark Seaby' picks. :)

16. TerryinBangkok

TerryinBangkok Moderator Staff Member

Was hoping I would get young Frosty back. #43 Matt Thomas Richmond MID

17. TerryinBangkok

TerryinBangkok Moderator Staff Member

All alone at work again. Atmosphere of fear and confusion. Just get the lad into a new school and they close it. This country like a dog biting its tail. Praise be for ORRFA MSD - perfect timing Len. Some rain would be nice.

18. Len

TerryinBangkok wrote:
    Was hoping I would get young Frosty back. #43 Matt Thomas Richmond MID Yay, he has interwebs :) Hope all else is well Terry... ant asked me to act as proxy for him, thus Gariwerd use pick 48 to select Luke Russell Gold Coast.

19. graeme

graeme Guest

Nice to see a former Waikick player (Luke Russell) being picked up. Perhaps appropriately the Waikicks have decided to draft a project defender to replace Luke. Pick 51: Darcy Byrne-Jones Port Defender.

20. Len

TerryinBangkok wrote:
    All alone at work again. Atmosphere of fear and confusion. Just get the lad into a new school and they close it. This country like a dog biting its tail. Praise be for ORRFA MSD - perfect timing Len. Some rain would be nice. It has an air of shambolic from the outside.. Hopefully it gets resolved sooner rather than later for you :)