ORFFA 2014 Round 1 - FFAF

Discussion in 'ORFFA' started by grav, Mar 8, 2014.

1. grav

grav Guest

Noticed the ORFFL got a blog going re entering teams for rnd 1. Are we running with the tsLeagues function that Walesy has set up? If so, then I guess this is a reminder for all to update their teams. And further...are we doing rolling lockout for this round?

2. Len

Len Cockburn Knightrider Staff Member

gravenger wrote:
    Noticed the ORFFL got a blog going re entering teams for rnd 1. Are we running with the tsLeagues function that Walesy has set up? If so, then I guess this is a reminder for all to update their teams. And further...are we doing rolling lockout for this round? 1. For sure. 2. Because we have to.. It was a request I made of the fixture team last year that this year they nominate the any split rounds on announcing the fixture to remove the need for this query and others prior to any round... this didn't happen. Terry will make a call, but we have already discussed the pigs ear the AFL made of round 1, and yes, it has to e a split round. You will have noted Walesy is not 100% sure on how this is managed though the site yet, when he knows, we know I guess...

3. Bandit

Bandit Moderator Staff Member

Would be great if we had a selection thread in here too, just for the banter of the team announcements

4. grav

grav Guest

Len wrote:
    gravenger wrote:
    Noticed the ORFFL got a blog going re entering teams for rnd 1. Are we running with the tsLeagues function that Walesy has set up? If so, then I guess this is a reminder for all to update their teams. And further...are we doing rolling lockout for this round? 1. For sure. 2. Because we have to.. It was a request I made of the fixture team last year that this year they nominate the any split rounds on announcing the fixture to remove the need for this query and others prior to any round... this didn't happen. Terry will make a call, but we have already discussed the pigs ear the AFL made of round 1, and yes, it has to e a split round. You will have noted Walesy is not 100% sure on how this is managed though the site yet, when he knows, we know I guess... Thnx Len. And another...are we running with 4 emerg as per last yr?

5. Len

gravenger wrote:
    Len wrote:
    gravenger wrote:
    Noticed the ORFFL got a blog going re entering teams for rnd 1. Are we running with the tsLeagues function that Walesy has set up? If so, then I guess this is a reminder for all to update their teams. And further...are we doing rolling lockout for this round? 1. For sure. 2. Because we have to.. It was a request I made of the fixture team last year that this year they nominate the any split rounds on announcing the fixture to remove the need for this query and others prior to any round... this didn't happen. Terry will make a call, but we have already discussed the pigs ear the AFL made of round 1, and yes, it has to e a split round. You will have noted Walesy is not 100% sure on how this is managed though the site yet, when he knows, we know I guess... Thnx Len. And another...are we running with 4 emerg as per last yr? There has been no rule change discussed or ratified, so yes, 4 emergencies is our limit, again, unfortunately we are at the mercy of Walesy's new creation and are not yet sure if the site can limit that, or if it will require an admin oversight, either way 4 it is :)

6. graeme

graeme Guest

We worked with split rounds last year and I imagine that is the sensible approach for round 1. That having been said I am not sure that the Walesy's fabulous new creation will handle split round scores. I hope I am wrong but 'better safe that sorry.' Hence, it may be prudent to accept that manual entry of teams and scores will be needed for round 1. As per last season, the home team tracks the numbers and reports.

7. TerryinBangkok

TerryinBangkok Moderator Staff Member

Or we could do both?

8. chris88

chris88 1000 Monkeys at 1000 Typewriters Staff Member

I reckon we enter our teams in the new creation, but also get a thread up and going for us to manually name them as well. Cover all bases

9. Bandit

This thread will do for the manual stuff

10. snoz

snoz Moderator

Just tried to insert potential Rd 1 team....... Funky layout this thing.....

11. Bandit

My team is in: Provisional listing is as follows: Def: Mackie, Hooker, Hansen, Atley (MacKenzie) Mid: Jack, Montagna, Hill, Jackson (Thomas) Ruc: Nicholls (Giles) Fwd: B. Reid, Petrie, LeCras, Gunston (S. Reid) Int: Pearce, Savage

12. chris88

chris88 1000 Monkeys at 1000 Typewriters Staff Member

OK, given that we have a rolling lockout for Round 1, is it only necessary for us to enter in the players who are actually going to play this weekend? If that is the case, I'll enter in the following players: DEF: Alex Rance, Trent McKenzie, Andrew Walker, BLANK (e: Luke McPharlin) MID: Kane Cornes, BLANK, BLANK, BLANK (e: Steve Coniglio) RUCK: BLANK FWD: Justin Westhoff, Michael Walters, Ty Vickery, BLANK (e: Matt McDonough) I/C: BLANK, BLANK (e: Nathan Foley) I am keen, given the rolling lockout, to at least have playing people on the emergencies lists to cover me for next weekend.

13. G-Train

G-Train Member

Powlett Plains Packers: B: TBC, TBC,Lumumba,Chaplin E: Colquhoun M: TBC, TBC,Greene, Ball E: Scully
    R: B Grundy
    F: L Henderson, T Lynch (GC), B. Matera, TBC E: S May I/C: TBC, TBC E: TBC

14. dmandrews

dmandrews Well-Known Member

Provisional Round 1 team for Cradle Mountain, underlined players are in action this week and are locked in, other players are subject to change but I expect the squad named below to be very close to my final 19.
    DEF Nick Vlastuin, Lee Spurr, Dustin Fletcher,[span style='color: red;] Luke Brown (Nick Smith) MID Scott Pendlebury, Jack Redden, Steve Johnson, Dyson Heppell (Liam Shiels) RUC Trent West FWD Dayne Zorko, Michael Hurley, Ben Ke[span style='color: black; text-decoration: underline;]nnedy, Jay Kennedy-Harris (Adam Schneider) INTER David Zaharakis, Shaun Grigg (James Gwilt)

15. dmandrews

dmandrews Well-Known Member

Bandit wrote:
    My team is in: Provisional listing is as follows: Def: Mackie, Hooker, Hansen, Atley (MacKenzie) Mid: Jack, Montagna, Hill, Jackson (Thomas) Ruc: Nicholls (Giles) Fwd: B. Reid, Petrie, LeCras, Gunston (S. Reid) Int: Pearce, Savage Bandit, I know your team is only provisional so you probably would pick it up but thought I would mention it just incase, a few of the players named above wont be playing in Round 1, Leigh Montagna is suspended for Round 1 whilst Ben Reid and Daniel Jackson haven't been named in their respective AFL sides due to injury.

16. Len

the Misfits have copped a belting with injuries, it may be a week or two before we get enough key players back, once we do though things should start looking up fast.. For now, Round 1 Part1: Backs: Hampton, Hombsch, tba, tba, - Mids: Ward, Whitfield, Stanley, tba - Kelly Ruck: tba Fwd: Cameron, Smith, Day, tba - Tomlinson IC: tba

17. melbandy

melbandy Active Member

Nuffers V's Lilacs (the draft player stealing dirty low down flea bitten scurvy dead fish dogs) - I didn't take it badly at all. Provisional Nuffers team for R1. Def[span class='Apple-tab-span' style='white-space: pre;] Petterd, N Haynes, K Simpson, Broadbent (C Cameron) Mid[span class='Apple-tab-span' style='white-space: pre;] JPK, T Bell, D Thomas, J O'Meara (D Myers) R[span class='Apple-tab-span' style='white-space: pre;] S Hampson Fwd[span class='Apple-tab-span' style='white-space: pre;] Dixon, R Palmer, L. Jones, T Varcoe (Armfield) IC[span class='Apple-tab-span' style='white-space: pre;] Cross, Stanton (E Wood)

18. Len

Len wrote:
    the Misfits have copped a belting with injuries, it may be a week or two before we get enough key players back, once we do though things should start looking up fast.. For now, Round 1 Part1: Backs: Hampton, Hombsch, tba, tba, - Mids: Ward, Whitfield, Stanley, tba - Kelly Ruck: tba Fwd: Cameron, Smith, Day, tba - Tomlinson IC: tba, Boston, - Such a crap day at work I didn't see the Suns had elevated Boston, nice when a punt comes off, let's hope this one does, amended to 'in' him... BTW should opportunity knock I intend to exploit the hell out of the loophole, make sure you consider it over the split round guys...

19. ChiefRussell

ChiefRussell Well-Known Member

Chooks reporting for duty, bold players are playing this week, the others are subject to change barring any late mishaps. FOUL BAY
    Def: H.Shaw, M.Johnson, J.Bartel, M.Jaensch (R.Harwood) Mid:J.Selwood, T.Liberatore, M.Stokes, J.Kelly (B.McLean) Ruck:S.Mumford Fwd:M.Pavlich, P.Dangerfield, J.Roughead, T.Hawkins (L.Adams) I/C:L.Dahlhaus, B.Vince (J.Trengove)

20. snoz

snoz Moderator

.......and away we go; bold denotes playing this week: DEF: Mitchell / Suckling / Mullett / Goodes (N Wright) MID: Martin / Rocky / Adams / Neale (Hartung) RCK: Sandi (Witts) FWD: Lyons / Dickson / Stringer / Kommer (xxxx) I/C: Webster / Talia (xxxx)