ORFFA 2014 Round 1 - FFAF

Discussion in 'ORFFA' started by grav, Mar 8, 2014.

1. J_C

J_C Guest

JC wrote:
    Birdsville Battlers (bold playing this week)

D: Houli, Enright, Fisher, T McDonald (L McDonald)
    M: Ebert, Murphy, Wells, Rich (Rischitelli)
    R: McEvoy
    F: Cloke, Mayne, Jetta, Howlett (Porplyzia)
    IC: Treloar, Moloney (Sheridan) One late change. As Sheridan has avoided the vest, he is now the IC emergency.

2. grav

grav Guest

chels wrote:
    grav, I might have missed something (again?) but Cripps was not in the squad you posted above. yeah i updated the original and posted a notification here for timestamp purposes (thought it might be easier for scoring if only one team listed) if ive done a bad, let me know

3. graeme

graeme Guest

na grav you have not done bad - or even evil. Just trying to keep track in case Walesy's wizz bang system doe snot cope.

4. Fitzy

Fitzy Guest

Did all teams get submitted in time for tonights game?

5. chris88

chris88 1000 Monkeys at 1000 Typewriters Staff Member

Think I am going to have one happy wife after Mr Langdon's 110 on debut.

6. Len

Len Cockburn Knightrider Staff Member

chris88 wrote:
    Think I am going to have one happy wife after Mr Langdon's 110 on debut. Jen wont be the only one, I had him on ground in SC ;)

7. walesy

walesy Administrator Staff Member

Hey guys, made a thread where I posted the teams that I pulled out of TS. http://tooserious.net/forum/Forum/tabid/91/forumid/15/threadid/65160/scope/posts/Default.aspx I'll do these posts throughout the weekend to make sure people don't pull any post-lockout shenanigans. (But also allow for rolling lockout ) :) Looks like theWagga Wagga Wombats and theNunawading Nuffers didn't get anything into it, while a couple of others have their 'This weekend' players in.

8. Len

walesy wrote:
    Hey guys, made a thread where I posted the teams that I pulled out of TS. http://tooserious.net/forum/Forum/tabid/91/forumid/15/threadid/65160/scope/posts/Default.aspx I'll do these posts throughout the weekend to make sure people don't pull any post-lockout shenanigans. (But also allow for rolling lockout ) :) Looks like theWagga Wagga Wombats and theNunawading Nuffers didn't get anything into it, while a couple of others have their 'This weekend' players in. Thanks Les, not sure why the guys have not used the team entry facility, there has certainly been enough discussion on it, however they both entered teams in here within time which as a league we will accept, is there a way to 'mod' their teams in and still have the scores and results happen? If there is a way I can make it happen please PM me and I'll sort it.

9. dmandrews

dmandrews Well-Known Member

TerryinBangkok wrote:
    Just in case (I mean, everything else that could go wrong, has): DEF: Birchall, M. Brown, Johannisen, Talia (Laidler) MID: Boak, Sloane, Barlow, Wines (Gibson) RUC: Lobbe (Trengove - OOP) FWD: JJK, Butcher, Black, Hall (Patton) I/C: Warnock, Grigg As I expected after the PSD the match-up between the two Grigg's has eventuated. Going head to head in the secondinterchange spot Whitsunday's Mitch takes on Cradle Mountain's Shaun.I expect this battle as well as the result of the match to both go down to the wire.

10. walesy

Len wrote:
    walesy wrote:
    Hey guys, made a thread where I posted the teams that I pulled out of TS. http://tooserious.net/forum/Forum/tabid/91/forumid/15/threadid/65160/scope/posts/Default.aspx I'll do these posts throughout the weekend to make sure people don't pull any post-lockout shenanigans. (But also allow for rolling lockout ) :) Looks like theWagga Wagga Wombats and theNunawading Nuffers didn't get anything into it, while a couple of others have their 'This weekend' players in. Thanks Les, not sure why the guys have not used the team entry facility, there has certainly been enough discussion on it, however they both entered teams in here within time which as a league we will accept, is there a way to 'mod' their teams in and still have the scores and results happen? If there is a way I can make it happen please PM me and I'll sort it. Currently, no. However, I will put in a change to allow league Admins to alter any team. And then make you an admin. :D

11. Len

walesy wrote:
    Len wrote:
    walesy wrote:
    Hey guys, made a thread where I posted the teams that I pulled out of TS. http://tooserious.net/forum/Forum/tabid/91/forumid/15/threadid/65160/scope/posts/Default.aspx I'll do these posts throughout the weekend to make sure people don't pull any post-lockout shenanigans. (But also allow for rolling lockout ) :) Looks like theWagga Wagga Wombats and theNunawading Nuffers didn't get anything into it, while a couple of others have their 'This weekend' players in. Thanks Les, not sure why the guys have not used the team entry facility, there has certainly been enough discussion on it, however they both entered teams in here within time which as a league we will accept, is there a way to 'mod' their teams in and still have the scores and results happen? If there is a way I can make it happen please PM me and I'll sort it. Currently, no. However, I will put in a change to allow league Admins to alter any team. And then make you an admin. :D Cheers :)

12. anthak

anthak Moderator Staff Member

Fitzy wrote:
    Did all teams get submitted in time for tonights game? I'd entered mine in tsLeagues tab, but didn't realise we were doing it here too. here 'tis (Emergencies in brackets): Def: PDavis, JPittard, ZThuohy ... (MWatson) Mid: BDeledio, JPolec ... (HCunningham) Ruc: Fwd: RGray ... (MDeBoer) Int: .

13. chris88

I entered mine in the TS tab (the 'this weekend players') anyway, but made an alteration to the team in the thread here before the first game (I think I moved Vickery into the side from the emergencies). I was unable to get into the tsLEagues tab before I left work y'day and had no access after that (I was at the Queens of the Stone Age/Nine Inch Nails show), but what appears in this thread is the team (or part of the team) I'm committed to, for better or worse. If I can alter my team in the tsLeagues tab to reflect that, I will do so.

14. chris88

In fact, just looking at the http://tooserious.net/forum/Forum/tabid/91/forumid/15/threadid/65160/scope/posts/Default.aspx address and contents Walesy mentioned - it has put guys I named as emergencies onto the field and scrambled others. No-one's fault, just with the rolling lockout and all. I'm just straight up confused now.

15. snoz

snoz Moderator

Simonoz wrote:
    </br> .......and away we go; bold denotes playing this week: DEF: Mitchell / Suckling / Mullett / Goodes (N Wright) MID: Martin / Rocky / Adams / Neale (Hartung) RCK: Sandi (Witts) FWD: Lyons / Dickson / Stringer / Kommer (xxxx) I/C: Webster / Talia (xxxx) ** I don't even know if this legal but big apols, the team above differs from the one I entered into the tsLeagues feature; once ROK was dropped Thursday, Iremoved himwhen I input it here but forgot to change the one on tsL. I only checked just now when I saw that he was a late emergency recall, albeit as a Sub. Anyway......the above side entered in this thread is my preferred team for this split round over the tsL one that has: mid: rok / rocky / adams / Neale (talia) IC: Webster / martin ....but will take either team deemed official. I have not changed it on tsL before the game just in case. Noting this 60 mins before Swans game starts. Sorry lads, sNoZ

16. chris88

Think what might have happened in a few cases is that people have put teams in the thread here as their primary thing (as per last year) and then tried out the TSLeague's tab, but when the changes have needed to be made from the split round perspective, we've all run back to this thread and not the TSLeagues tab. Maybe it'll be smoother once Round 2 starts.

17. Len

Once Walesy gives me access I'll go through and ensure that the teams look like people wanted them to based on teams listed and then adjusted in this thread.. I'd say we will roll with the dual 'official' entry points for a few weeks while we iron out the kinks, but as soon as practical the only official place for teams will be the teams entry section. We do not have a full rolling lockout in place, never have & probably never will, teams were locked for part one of round 1 at kickoff on Friday night and will be for part 2 on Thursday night, luck of the draw if you get it right or wrong, to do anything different would be a significant deviation from the leagues policies and practices.

18. TerryinBangkok

TerryinBangkok Moderator Staff Member

Len wrote:
    Once Walesy gives me access I'll go through and ensure that the teams look like people wanted them to based on teams listed and then adjusted in this thread.. I'd say we will roll with the dual 'official' entry points for a few weeks while we iron out the kinks, but as soon as practical the only official place for teams will be the teams entry section. We do not have a full rolling lockout in place, never have & probably never will, teams were locked for part one of round 1 at kickoff on Friday night and will be for part 2 on Thursday night, luck of the draw if you get it right or wrong, to do anything different would be a significant deviation from the leagues policies and practices. We have a tradition of showing leniency in R1 Simon, so you are all square on that one. /Portals/0/User%20Images/Stop.jpg It is each coaches responsibility to enter their teams. For the last year we did this using a thread and it worked. We are now trialling a wonderful new whizzbang. It looks the goods, but I would suggest that until at least R5 we also enter our teams using the thread. And we use the thread as the definitive up until then. Now, that might create a problem where there is a difference between the two systems. The problem is, I am not sure walesy's system can be adjusted. There could be errors in scores, between which Lynch or Crouch - all sorts of things. So, lets go dual until we are all comfortable? I am a little confused over why Len would want walesy to give him access, but he is an enthusiastic lad. The problem is access comes with responsibility and I have seen how this can turn into a nasty thing in other areas of TS. What if the mistake is Len's? And why, since most of us are near enough to grown adults, do we need someone to check our entries? Only in Thailand do you get that sort of service. But yes, eventually the tsleagues will be the one and only. The potential for a 2015 version with match day scores and head to head, plus auto tallied B&F and RS votes, etc. is very much in our favour.

19. Len

TerryinBangkok wrote:
    Len wrote:
    Once Walesy gives me access I'll go through and ensure that the teams look like people wanted them to based on teams listed and then adjusted in this thread.. I'd say we will roll with the dual 'official' entry points for a few weeks while we iron out the kinks, but as soon as practical the only official place for teams will be the teams entry section. We do not have a full rolling lockout in place, never have & probably never will, teams were locked for part one of round 1 at kickoff on Friday night and will be for part 2 on Thursday night, luck of the draw if you get it right or wrong, to do anything different would be a significant deviation from the leagues policies and practices. It is each coaches responsibility to enter their teams. For the last year we did this using a thread and it worked. We are now trialling a wonderful new whizzbang. It looks the goods, but I would suggest that until at least R5 we also enter our teams using the thread. And we use the thread as the definitive up until then. Now, that might create a problem where there is a difference between the two systems. The problem is, I am not sure walesy's system can be adjusted. There could be errors in scores, between which Lynch or Crouch - all sorts of things. So, lets go dual until we are all comfortable? I am a little confused over why Len would want walesy to give him access, but he is an enthusiastic lad. The problem is access comes with responsibility and I have seen how this can turn into a nasty thing in other areas of TS. What if the mistake is Len's? And why, since most of us are near enough to grown adults, do we need someone to check our entries? Only in Thailand do you get that sort of service. But yes, eventually the tsleagues will be the one and only. The potential for a 2015 version with match day scores and head to head, plus auto tallied B&F and RS votes, etc. is very much in our favour. I'd like the official scores to be historically correct, Les has said he can sort it so it can be fixed, if I break it I will refix it, as long as it doesn't involve C&P we should be good,I am happy to leave it broken for R1, 2, 3 forperpetuityif you like, but I consider that an unnatural act ;) Contrary bugger, but then the team is The Misfits :p

20. walesy

However we get to the finish line, we gotta make sure that the right teams are entered into the system by lockout on next Sunday night- cause it'll be around then that I run the script to update the ladders and such things.