ORFFA 2019 Re-Commitment

Discussion in 'ORFFA' started by Len, Aug 27, 2018.

1. anthak

anthak Moderator Staff Member

Too mesmerised by Richmond's form

2. chris88

chris88 1000 Monkeys at 1000 Typewriters Staff Member

Unfortunately I'm going to have to opt out this time around.

I am just not going to have the time over the coming few months to do a decent job of studying the form and wrangling trades - especially for that missing ruckman which is about the only place Darraweit doesn't have any depth. And if the work isn't done now, I'll be guessing in the coming draft and trade period - and that's not a good position to be in.

I'm doing this reluctantly, but it has become really clear that I'm going to have to give something away to balance the competing priorities I have .... regrettably this is the 'something'.

I can't speak highly enough of everyone here, and the amount of fun, enjoyment and fellowship the ORFFA has brought me. A massive thankyou to our super commish, all the job doers and office bearers, and really, everyone involved (past and present).

I'm a bit disappointed that the mini-rebuild I started in the middle of 2017 is something I'm not going to be able to see through. But I reckon there will be someone around who can do that job and do it well.

I'll live semi vicariously through the ups and downs of the Lovely Lilacs. And I'll be around saying hey quite often I'm sure.

Thanks everyone :)

• Like Like x 7
  3. anthak

Oh no, sorry to hear that, Chris :(

• Like Like x 3
  4. Len

Len Cockburn Knightrider Staff Member

I'm grateful you stuck it out for so long after first raising concerns mate, has been a delight having you be a part of this with us for so long.

No doubt you will be able to continue involvement tangentially through Jen's involvement :)

• Like Like x 5
  5. Bandit

Bandit Moderator Staff Member

You’re a class act @chris88 ... always welcome to show your head in this place mate

• Like Like x 2
  6. That KI Guy

That KI Guy Moderator Staff Member

Will be sad to see you go (again) @chris88 ;)
    Been such a great contributor to the league and never shy with the trade button. Our legacy of NicNat-gate will be etched in stone as the dawning of a new trading era.

Go well.

• Like Like x 3
  7. anthak

This is so true. It really did wake everyone up haha. I think the idea of auctions came because of this trade didn’t it?

• Like Like x 1
  8. dmandrews

dmandrews Well-Known Member

@chris88 you will be missed in the ORFFA. I enjoyed reading your posts about Darraweit Guim who were regular finalists and never finished below 11th in seven seasons under your stewardship.

Good luck in balancing the competing priorities that you have.

• Like Like x 2
  9. chris88

chris88 1000 Monkeys at 1000 Typewriters Staff Member

A bit of Coniglio-gate in there too. Wonder what became of that draft pick I forked over as part of the deal....

Thanks everybody. This is pretty much the first spare minute I have had since the previous post - too many basketball games to coach - but thanks heaps.

• Like Like x 2
  10. Jen

Jen Well-Known Member

I have to say, I live in the same house as @chris88 and I didn't even know he was leaving.

But that's ok, I have already told him to start thinking up ideas for new themes for our rounds next season.

Chris can help me write the little blurbs for them, this will keep him involved in our little group and maybe one day he may want to rejoin the crazy that is ORFFA

• Like Like x 6
  11. jimbowan

jimbowan Well-Known Member

Best of luck in the future Chris! FWIW im also flat out but I try and make it in here once or twice a week to keep the dream alive :) Maybe at some point you will find a few minutes and come back to our warm bosom.

• Like Like x 4
  12. snoz

snoz Moderator

Ahhh @chris88 i will be sorry to see you go mate!
    True you can live vicariously thru Jen, but it won’t be the same for me. I wish you all the best and hope to see you around the traps now & again.

• Like Like x 2
  13. Fitzy

Fitzy Well-Known Member

Damn, sorry to see you go Chris! Wonder how many trade negotiations we've had through the years... lol.

Hope we get to hear from you from time to time! All the best with everything

14. Bandit

Wait, you mean @chris88 and @Jen aren't the same person? #conspiracy

• Like Like x 3
  15. anthak

Ha!
    I remember there was some concern sort of along those lines when Jen was first joining the league.
    TiB was Commish at the time and wouldn’t approve it at first because Chris was speaking for Jen at the time :)

I can’t remember exactly but I think TiB said something about league members needing to be active in the forums themselves and not spoken on behalf of by others. I could be unfairly extrapolating though. It may have just been that TiB said we need to hear from Jen herself before he could approve it.

I was impressed by the stand at the time, which is why it stands out in my memory.

• Like Like x 1
  16. bama

bama Active Member

Hi All,
    If you are happy for me to stay in with my limited access I will continue.

If not I'm ok to hand it over to someone else.

I would like to one day see the squad get a decent run at it!

17. Bandit

I think that choice is yours ugly man, I for one am happy to travel up to Mount Beauty if you are happy to have me

18. Len

Len Cockburn Knightrider Staff Member

If we all participated at the highest level this place would get bloody noisy fast :)
    Happy for you to continue as you have been also mate

• Like Like x 2