ORFFA Delistments Prior to 2013 MSD

Discussion in 'ORFFA' started by TerryinBangkok, Jun 8, 2013.

1. anthak

anthak Moderator Staff Member

Gariwerd delistments. Setanta O'hAilpin Nick Lower Tom Murphy We are extremely sad to see these players depart. Nick has been with us for a year now and has performed solidly in that time, playing a number of games in our midfield this year, after an injury interupted first season with Gariwerd. His finest moment was his debut for Gariwerd last year after being traded in from Marble Bar mid season, where he finished clearly Best on Ground in an amazing debut. He also was awarded the coveted Byron Picket Shirt as our toughest player last season. Setanta and Tom both joined us at the start of this season. Setanta's finest moment was probably when he assisted us in removing Vickery from Gariwerd country in round 1 this year when Darraweit Guim attempted to play him, not knowing he is not welcome in the area. It was a very difficult decision to let Tom go as he has played for us almost all season and has acquitted himself admirably after a horrific performance in Round 4 when he was absolutely toweled up by Travis Cloke of Birdsville to the tune of 195 points! He has even filled in in our forward line a couple of times lately and played well. It is a very sad time to see him depart the club, but who knows, we may be able to find a way to squeeze him back in in the future. We will be making two selections in the upcoming MSD, at picks 18 (from Iron Knob) and 33 (from Venus Bay). And then we have two selections in the Squad Expansion Draft, at picks 5 and 32. Looking forward to it :)

2. TerryinBangkok

TerryinBangkok Moderator Staff Member

Absolutely no reason you can't re-draft your own players.

3. Fitzy

Fitzy Guest

Venus Bay delist Callum Bartlett, Graham Johncock and Brent Renouf and will keep a few who can count themselves as very lucky... Zaccy D survives another cut!

4. Len

Len Cockburn Knightrider Staff Member

Gundagai currently has 27 players and is the only team required to delist further prior to cutoff, must be tough cutting the nearly dead :p

5. TerryinBangkok

TerryinBangkok Moderator Staff Member

Have sent the lad a PM.

6. chris88

chris88 1000 Monkeys at 1000 Typewriters Staff Member

Been trying to get in touch with Gundagai since about 5pm last night to discuss a trade proposal that had been floated - without any luck. I do hope that snoz is OK - it is a little unlike him.

7. snoz

snoz Moderator

Sorry boys......as noted earlier, really tough few weeks over here, things arepossibly worse than my squad, or what remains of them. Chris ~ just read thru your pm's now. I will pass but really appreciate the helping hand. And now......delists: Def: hardingham/simpkin/darley/toovey Mid: horsely/anthony Fwd: Fasolo Ruk: Currie Leaves me with 19 players on the roster. 7 draft picks in MSD to get to 26 plus 2 picks in the Ext Player portion...... MSD picks ~ 1.19.25.47.55.60.73 Extra picks ~ x 2 (26 to 28 players) Let me know if I have this all correct guys.......

8. Len

Simonoz wrote:
    Sorry boys......as noted earlier, really tough few weeks over here, things arepossibly worse than my squad, or what remains of them. Chris ~ just read thru your pm's now. I will pass but really appreciate the helping hand. And now......delists: Def: hardingham/simpkin/darley/toovey Mid: horsely/anthony Fwd: Fasolo Ruk: Currie Leaves me with 19 players on the roster. 7 draft picks in MSD to get to 26 plus 2 picks in the Ext Player portion...... MSD picks ~ 1.19.25.47.55.60.73 Extra picks ~ x 2 (26 to 28 players) Let me know if I have this all correct guys....... Spot on mate, now just PM me your # 1 pick so I know who to start coveting :p

9. snoz

snoz Moderator

Yeh about that first pick, damn. There is like half a decent fwd and a handful of young middies.....what the hell do I do?

10. Len

There is some seriously good prospects that's for sure :)

11. chris88

chris88 1000 Monkeys at 1000 Typewriters Staff Member

Plenty of decent and better than decent mids. Plenty of more than solid backmen too. Forwards - a bit lighter on there. And I reckon we may have some delisted players being redrafted and some of our more senior AFL citizens finding homes in the expansion draft to ensure teams have a bit of depth. There'd be at least a half dozen players I'd have no hesitation choosing with the first pick - which says good things about the depth in this draft.