ORFFA MID-SEASON TRADES

Discussion in 'ORFFA' started by TerryinBangkok, Jun 5, 2013.

1. chris88

chris88 1000 Monkeys at 1000 Typewriters Staff Member

Lenh191 wrote: anthak wrote:Confirmed trade :) Darraweit Guim sends: Nick Dal Santo & MSD pick 11 & MSD pick 20 & their 4th round 2014 PSD pick, to Gariwerd Gariwerd sends: MSD pick 6 & MSD pick 24 & MSD pick 60 & their 3rd round 2014 PSD pick, to Darraweit Guim. Ballsy move Chris Thanks for confirming that one Ant and putting it up on the board. Len - looking to continue the youth drive to be honest. My only deviation from it so far has been to trade you Tomlinson, which I originally did so I could have an extra second round pick in this draft (and because my forward line is relatively young already). The fact that the pick has now ended up with Ant in this trade is more happenstance than anything. That said, to have picks 6, 24, 29, 47 and 60 in the coming MSD instead of 11,29, 47, 65 is a bonus. And having 2 third round picks in the 2014 PSD is also a boost. We both reckoned it was a good price to pay for NDS, who still has some good scoring in him, is durable and isn't in any danger of being dropped. He'll have the occasional shocker, but on balance will more than pay that back over a season. His only issue is age, but he is still a very good footballer. I'm hopeful I can cover him with a young player - a Hill, Newnes or Tyson when he gets back from injury. Or maybe a draft pick. Moving up a few spots in the first round allows me to maybe get a better choice at that pick. Moving back from 20 to 24 will hopefully not have any adverse impacts the other way (and both picks are better than 29, so it is a bonus to me). Reckon there's some decent talent available - and that's before any delistings. Ant was the one who put forward the proposal, and it was a really good one. So massive kudos to him.

2. chris88

anthak wrote: Ok, here's a trade offer for anyone/everyone... MSD pick # 20 (& MSD pick # 42 if you want it) & 1 of Tom Murphy, Setanta O'hAilpin, Sam Bleese; in exchange for your 1st round MSD pick. So, you would get to secure one of them 3 players, while potentially only losing a few spots in the draft order for your first pick! PM me if you want to do business :) That's some potentially fine parlaying of a pick there Ant - I'm almost tempted myself but can't justify having something like 8 picks in the upcoming MSD!!

3. chris88

TerryinBangkok wrote:Yeah, you took his younger brother. There are 3 in all. Oh yes, we did too - that's right. Most likely through the dark Reign of Terror during the early to mid 2000s where our player development involved hope and not a lot else.

4. Bandit

Bandit Moderator Staff Member

<p style='margin-bottom: 10px; font-family: Helvetica, Arial, San-Serif; font-size: 12px; font-style: normal; font-variant: normal; line-height: 16px; outline: 0px; color: #000000;]Here is the current trading block for Charlie's Opening

No chance, well not zero... but you would have to make it incredibly attractive:

Defence: Heath Shaw, Andrew Mackie, Cale Hooker, Ben Reid, Jackson Thurlow, Shaun Atley
    Midfield: Kieren Jack, Andrew Swallow, Leigh Montagna
    Ruck:Jonathan Giles
    Forward: Jack Gunston, Mark LeCras

<p style='margin-bottom: 10px; font-family: Helvetica, Arial, San-Serif; font-size: 12px; font-style: normal; font-variant: normal; line-height: 16px; outline: 0px; color: #000000;]Will consider trading, but would have to be a good offer

Defence: Phil Davis
    Midfield: Stephen Hill, Liam Picken, Daniel Jackson, Joshua Simpson (FWD)
    Ruck:Jarrad Redden,[span style='text-decoration: line-through;]Josh Jenkins (Fwd)
    Forward: Marco Paparone (MID), Drew Petrie, Josh Hill, Sam Reid

<p style='margin-bottom: 10px; font-family: Helvetica, Arial, San-Serif; font-size: 12px; font-style: normal; font-variant: normal; line-height: 16px; outline: 0px; color: #000000;]Open to offers:

Defence: Eric MacKenzie
    Midfield: Shane Savage
    Ruck:
    Forward: Terry Milera, Daniel Menzel

5. Len

Len Cockburn Knightrider Staff Member

I need to get back to a couple of people and make some approaches of my own, but am heading into the city after work to photograph the Vivid show, so will be a bit later on tonight..

6. TerryinBangkok

TerryinBangkok Moderator Staff Member

Lenh191 wrote:
    anthak wrote:
    Confirmed trade :) Darraweit Guim sends: Nick Dal Santo & MSD pick 11 & MSD pick 20 & their 4th round 2014 PSD pick, to Gariwerd Gariwerd sends: MSD pick 6 & MSD pick 24 & MSD pick 60 & their 3rd round 2014 PSD pick, to Darraweit Guim. Ballsy move Chris More of an observation than a question. Are we allowed to trade next year's PSD picks at this point in time when (a) we don't know what those picks are and (b) we have still not completed our MSD? Don't wish to rain on anyone's parade, but recall there was some serious criticism of ORFFL doing this.

7. TerryinBangkok

@bandit Word from Alberton is Redden is gone for the season and will undergo shoulder reconstruction.

8. Len

TerryinBangkok wrote:
    Lenh191 wrote:
    anthak wrote:
    Confirmed trade :) Darraweit Guim sends: Nick Dal Santo & MSD pick 11 & MSD pick 20 & their 4th round 2014 PSD pick, to Gariwerd Gariwerd sends: MSD pick 6 & MSD pick 24 & MSD pick 60 & their 3rd round 2014 PSD pick, to Darraweit Guim. Ballsy move Chris More of an observation than a question. Are we allowed to trade next year's PSD picks at this point in time when (a) we don't know what those picks are and (b) we have still not completed our MSD? Don't wish to rain on anyone's parade, but recall there was some serious criticism of ORFFL doing this. I did a double take initially also Terry, but I think the thing that was really odd about the ORFFL one was that they were trading picks for next year without any form for this year, and thus it was extremely speculative trading as far as real value differential goes? The above trade seems unnecessarily complex, but if that's what it takes to get a deal done I don't have a massive problem with, I have noted the trade in my 2014 file but if I forget it's up to them to remind me... It's still somewhat speculative in that the value difference of the two picks could end up being 1 spot, although very unlikely in this case. I can track it.

9. Bandit

TerryinBangkok wrote:
    @bandit Word from Alberton is Redden is gone for the season and will undergo shoulder reconstruction. Not according to the HUN Terry
    http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/afl/port-adelaide8217s-jarrad-redden-cleared-of-serious-damage/story-fni5f9de-1226656444957

10. Lenny120

Lenny120 Well-Known Member

A deal has been struck which sees Charlies Opening receive Shaun Atley and my round 2 pick of the 2014 Pre Season draft, while in return Wagga Wagga receive Josh Jenkins. On behalf of Wagga Wagga, we wish Atley the best of luck during his time at Charlies Opening.

11. Jen

Jen Well-Known Member

So a deal has been struck between the Lilacs and the Waikikamoocow Hamish McIntosh plus last round MSD pick for Tayte Pears plus 2nd round MSD pick.

12. TerryinBangkok

Those Cows should have been stock & station agents.

13. Len

Jen wrote:
    So a deal has been struck between the Lilacs and the Waikikamoocow Hamish McIntosh plus last round MSD pick for Tayte Pears plus 2nd round MSD pick. I'm going to need a round number guys, last round is very inclusive, if sNoZ gets a head of steam up we could go 12 :)

14. graeme

graeme Guest

Jen tells me she will be de-listing four, so it will be what would have been her fourth pick that I will be picking up Len.

15. Len

chels wrote:
    Jen tells me she will be de-listing four, so it will be what would have been her fourth pick that I will be picking up Len. I'll list it as such, Jen could you please give a nod to that, I don't doubt chels for a second but I like these things to be inarguable.

16. graeme

graeme Guest

I have been known to change my mind Len - in fact quite recently (as you know)! I think you are very wise to get confirmation from Jen; perhaps sagacious?

17. Len

chels wrote:
    I have been known to change my mind Len - in fact quite recently (as you know)! I think you are very wise to get confirmation from Jen; perhaps sagacious? I'm not a bit big fan of sage tbh, love a good rosemary though ;)

18. Bandit

Lenny120 wrote:
    A deal has been struck which sees Charlies Opening receive Shaun Atley and my round 2 pick of the 2014 Pre Season draft, while in return Wagga Wagga receive Josh Jenkins. On behalf of Wagga Wagga, we wish Atley the best of luck during his time at Charlies Opening. And we wish Josh all the very best... hope he finds some consistency above sea level

19. chris88

Darraweit Guim and Gundagai have reached a deal which will see Darraweit Guim send its 3rd rd MSD pick (pick 47), its acquired 4th rd MSD pick (Pick 60, from Gariwerd) and Nathan Van Berlo to the Grasshoppers in return for Gundagai's 3rd rd MSD pick (Pick 37). Thanks Snoz - I hope the draft picks are put to good use, and hope Nathan Van Berlo helps fill a need in the midfield. Darraweit Guim wish to thank Nathan for his service and his efforts. His last game for us - heroically filling in for Ivan Maric in the ruck and scoring 95 (reduced to 47 or something due to OOP) is a fine fine memory that the Darraweit fans will carry with them as they bid Nathan farewell. I think I might be done horse-trading for now. I've got a few picks nearer the front end of the MSD and will look to bring more youth in through them. Again, thanks the Van Berlo, Dal Santo and Tomlinson for their efforts while at Darraweit, and hopes that their form continues at their new homes in Gundagai, Gariwerd and Marble Bar respectively.

20. graeme

graeme Guest

no thanks to, or good wishes for, Paul Duffield Chris? Out of sight, out of mind? How quickly we forget.
    As with all the Waikik players he is somewhere between Perth and Bulls. Our relaxed management style means the players only have to turn up ready to play in time for round 14. What they do between now and then is over to them - for they are consummate professionals, all of them. 'Jack put that pesky crow down. On its feet not with a high bump and back hander. So much for getting the aggression out before going onto the field.'