ORFFA MID-SEASON TRADES

Discussion in 'ORFFA' started by TerryinBangkok, Jun 5, 2013.

1. chris88

chris88 1000 Monkeys at 1000 Typewriters Staff Member

Oh dear, how awful of me. My apologies to My Duffield - though I will cite extenuating circumstances as my view of what is happening is currently completely blocked out by several dozen boxes of hair product that have arrived at the club-rooms. I can't imagine who they might be for ... perhaps Mullet Maric might be looking to keep the coif more firmly in place. Seriously though - yes, Mr Duffield deserves the heartiest of good wishes as he prepares to ply his trade in NZ. Best of luck to him, and hope he continues his fine form.

2. Jen

Jen Well-Known Member

Lenh191 wrote:
    chels wrote:
    Jen tells me she will be de-listing four, so it will be what would have been her fourth pick that I will be picking up Len. I'll list it as such, Jen could you please give a nod to that, I don't doubt chels for a second but I like these things to be inarguable. Yes that is all correct - I am giving Chels my 4th round MSD pick

3. Len

Len Cockburn Knightrider Staff Member

Jen wrote:
    Lenh191 wrote:
    chels wrote:
    Jen tells me she will be de-listing four, so it will be what would have been her fourth pick that I will be picking up Len. I'll list it as such, Jen could you please give a nod to that, I don't doubt chels for a second but I like these things to be inarguable. Yes that is all correct - I am giving Chels my 4th round MSD pick tyvm :)

4. TerryinBangkok

TerryinBangkok Moderator Staff Member

Have had a couple of PMs. Mostly sniffing around the currently under-performing Tommahawk. Happy to listen to what anyone has to say, it is always interesting the value coaches put on players. However, the Warriors are divided into two parts. Part A are those who front up each week and prevent us from sinking on the reef, without whom we would be dead. Part B are the spuds, the sometimes embarrassing mistakes, with whom I would not insult your intelligence as coaches by offering up for trade. They will be heading for the D list anyway. Oh, and Rebecca has indicated she prefers a cooler climate.

5. melbandy

melbandy Active Member

If anyone has a playing ruckman they would consider trading, the Nuna Nuffers are willing to enter discussions. Call me, Call me now.

6. Len

melbandy wrote:
    If anyone has a playing ruckman they would consider trading, the Nuna Nuffers are willing to enter discussions. Call me, Call me now. I'd be happy to give you Stefan Martin Andy, but you are probably after players of an AFL std..

7. chris88

chris88 1000 Monkeys at 1000 Typewriters Staff Member

Yeah, that 'I am done horse trading' attitude lasted all of about a day or so - don't know which idiot it was that said that (oh, me, OK). Darraweit and Powlett Plains have come to an agreement which will see the Packers part with their first two MSD picks (either 13/14 and 31/32) as well as their 4th round 2014 PSD pick to gain the services of Matthew Boyd. We would like to wish Matthew all the best in his endeavours - as an original member of Darraweit's blue collar ruck roving division we have enjoyed his efforts, his great scoring and his hard work. We hope he plays well in Powlett Plains. Darraweit now has 6 MSD picks in the first 37 choices (6, 13/14, 24, 29, 31/32, 37), and two extra PSD picks for next year. The rebuild continues.

8. G-Train

G-Train Member

Powlett has also traded Darren Jolly and Liam Jones to the Nuffas for Adam Goodes.

9. TerryinBangkok

TerryinBangkok Moderator Staff Member

Fired up by the mid-season review, decided on a little action: Whitsunday are sending their second-round MSD pick (25) to Gundagai in exchange for the Hopper's fourth-round PSD pick. The Warriors also depart with two of their regular stars, sending Tom Hawkins and Rebecca to Foul Bay and in return receiving Josh J. Kennedy and Nathan Hrovat and the Bay's second-round MSD pick. Hopefully for the Chooks they can now make a game of it for #1.

10. Len

Some serious action in town......

11. Len

Waite looks like getting 200, shame it's the off-season. He is available, for your 2 best players and a R1 pick :p

12. dmandrews

dmandrews Well-Known Member

Len, it's unlucky for the Misfits that Waite looks like he is going to post a monster score during the ORFFA mid-season break.

13. Lenny120

Lenny120 Well-Known Member

Birdsville have received Lewis Jetta in exchange for Birdsville's 2nd round pick of PSD to Wagga Wagga.

14. Len

dmandrews wrote:
    Len, it's unlucky for the Misfits that Waite looks like he is going to post a monster score during the ORFFA mid-season break. As long as he is able to do it again when the heat is on I am ok, but one or two of those in the last 10 weeks and a couple of losses would have been wins :)

15. Len

<div>Marble Bar no longer has a tiger in it's tank, this is a bit sad. We are however slowly working our way towards the land of elite giants, this is a bit exciting...
    The Cradle Mountain Devils have accepted the Marble Bar Misfits offer of Shaun Grigg and their 2014 PSD round 3 selection in exchange for Devon Smith.
    Thank you Shaun, good luck in the finals.
    Welcome Devon, we'll show you what finals look like in a year or two :)

16. dmandrews

Cradle Mountain thank Devon Smith for his year and a half at the club and wish him all the best at his new home the Marble Bar Misfits. Smith has been in and out of the Devils side all year so the increased opportunities offered by Marble Bar will be great for Devon's development. Cradle Mountain are delighted to gain Shaun Grigg from Marble Bar, Grigg's ball winning ability and penetrating disposal will be a great asset to the Devils with Grigg providing much needed midfield support for Pendlebury, Redden andZaharakis. The trade alsoallows theDevils to strengthen their position at the 2014PSD by gaining another third round selection. Len, the Cradle Mountain Devils have still got considerable work to do to make the finals for the first time.

17. dmandrews

<p style='line-height: 12pt;]After making their first ever trade to recruit Shaun Grigg the Cradle Mountain Devils have completed their 2013 Mid-Season list analysis, the Devils on the trading block are: <p style='line-height: 12pt;] <p style='line-height: 12pt;]Nick Duigan Def <p style='line-height: 12pt;]Will Schofield Def <p style='line-height: 12pt;]Lachlan Hunter Mid <p style='line-height: 12pt;]Heath Hocking Mid <p style='line-height: 12pt;]Liam Shiels Mid <p style='line-height: 12pt;]Trent West Ruc <p style='line-height: 12pt;]Adam Schneider Fwd <p style='line-height: 12pt;]Michael Hurley Fwd <p style='line-height: 12pt;] <p style='line-height: 12pt;]The area that the Devils most need to improve is the ruck, after that it is just a matter of trying to increase the depth and bolster the stocks in the bracketof players ranked 11 to 15 in the side. I am looking for players aged 26 and under. <p style='line-height: 12pt;] <p style='line-height: 12pt;]Cradle Mountain currently have MSD selections 9 and 27. <p style='line-height: 12pt;] <p style='line-height: 12pt;]The Devils current squad by position in order of 2013 average: <p style='line-height: 12pt;] <p style='line-height: 12pt;]DEF Dyson Heppell, Nick Vlastuin, James Gwilt, Lee Spurr, Sam Gilbert, Dustin Fletcher, Will Schofield, Nick Duigan <p style='line-height: 12pt;]MID Scott Pendlebury, Jack Redden,David Zaharakis, Shaun Grigg, Liam Shiels, Heath Hocking, Clay Smith, Lachlan Hunter <p style='line-height: 12pt;]RUC Mark Jamar, Trent West <p style='line-height: 12pt;]FWD Steve Johnson, Dayne Zorko, Dale Thomas, Jude Bolton, Michael Hurley, Arryn Siposs Adam Schneider, Ben Kennedy <p style='line-height: 12pt;]

18. Bandit

Bandit Moderator Staff Member

I'm on the look out for a 70-80 point young forward in exchange for a defender or midfielder... Hit me up if you have something that may interest me :)

19. J_C

J_C Guest

Bandit wrote:
    I'm on the look out for a 70-80 point young forward Me too! Well young-ish at least. Or a defender. Drop me a line if you've got someone you think fits the bill, especially those of you who may be interested in draft picks.

20. Bandit

Bandit Moderator Staff Member

JC you've got mail