ORFFA MID-SEASON TRADES

Discussion in 'ORFFA' started by TerryinBangkok, Jun 5, 2013.

1. anthak

anthak Moderator Staff Member

anthak wrote:
    and there's more to come :) Here we go... Gariwerd are sad to see a very promising young midfielder leave in a trade just confirmed. We held out high hopes on Magner becoming a key figure in our midfield in years to come, but he is struggling for opportunities and we have had to part with him. We can confirm a trade that will send him to Venus Bay in what some may say to be an unnecessarily complicated deal, involving a number of draft picks. Lenny120 has been privy to the negotiations and would surely attest to the necessity of the included picks ;) Here's the deal: Gariwerd send: James Magner; MSD pick 42; 2014 PSD Round 1 pick (originally from Powlett Plains, acquired in the Vardy deal announced earlier today); and PSD Round 4 pick, to Venus Bay. Venus Bay send: MSD pick 33; 2014 PSD Round 2 pick; and 2014 PSD Round 3 pick, to Gariwerd. I think that will do me for this trade period :) less than 2 hours to go until deadline now...

2. TerryinBangkok

TerryinBangkok Moderator Staff Member

That's a lot of pricks.

3. J_C

J_C Guest

TerryinBangkok wrote:
    That's a lot of pricks. Auto-correct? ;)

4. anthak

JC wrote:
    TerryinBangkok wrote:
    That's a lot of pricks. Auto-correct? ;) yeah, I think it automatically adjusts to words commonly used by the writer ;)

5. Fitzy

Fitzy Guest

anthak wrote:
    anthak wrote:
    and there's more to come :) Here we go... Gariwerd are sad to see a very promising young midfielder leave in a trade just confirmed. We held out high hopes on Magner becoming a key figure in our midfield in years to come, but he is struggling for opportunities and we have had to part with him. We can confirm a trade that will send him to Venus Bay in what some may say to be an unnecessarily complicated deal, involving a number of draft picks. Lenny120 has been privy to the negotiations and would surely attest to the necessity of the included picks ;) Here's the deal: Gariwerd send: James Magner; MSD pick 42; 2014 PSD Round 1 pick (originally from Powlett Plains, acquired in the Vardy deal announced earlier today); and PSD Round 4 pick, to Venus Bay. Venus Bay send: MSD pick 33; 2014 PSD Round 2 pick; and 2014 PSD Round 3 pick, to Gariwerd. I think that will do me for this trade period :) less than 2 hours to go until deadline now... Good for Venus Bay to get a trade together, if anyone has interest in Danile Kerr, PM me asap, same with Shaun Higgins.... :)

6. G-Train

G-Train Member

Wagga Wagga trade SHANE TUCK for Powlett's 3rd round MSD pick.

7. anthak

Now that the deadline has passed, thought I'd get a list of all the confirmed trades going: chris88 wrote: Darraweit Guim and Waikikamoocow have agreed in principle to a trade which will see the Cow-Kickers' Justin Westhoff travel back over the ditch to the Paddock in exchange for the Blimps' Paul Duffield. . Lenh191 wrote: Moved to the correct location :) <p style='margin-bottom: 10px; font-family: Helvetica,Arial,San-Serif; font-size: 12px; font-style: normal; font-variant: normal; line-height: 16px; outline: 0px none; color: #000000;]An agreement has been reached between the folks at Darraweit Guim (spell checked twice) and Marble Bar. <p style='margin-bottom: 10px; font-family: Helvetica,Arial,San-Serif; font-size: 12px; font-style: normal; font-variant: normal; line-height: 16px; outline: 0px none; color: #000000;]The agreement sees young Tomlinson of the GWS head to Marble Bar in exchange for Marble Bars 2nd Round MSD pick, said pick soon to be confirmed as pick #20. anthak wrote:Confirmed trade :) Darraweit Guim sends: Nick Dal Santo & MSD pick 11 & MSD pick 20 & their 4th round 2014 PSD pick, to Gariwerd Gariwerd sends: MSD pick 6 & MSD pick 24 & MSD pick 60 & their 3rd round 2014 PSD pick, to Darraweit Guim. Lenny120 wrote: A deal has been struck which sees Charlies Opening receive Shaun Atley and my round 2 pick of the 2014 Pre Season draft, while in return Wagga Wagga receive Josh Jenkins. Jen wrote: So a deal has been struck between the Lilacs and the Waikikamoocow Hamish McIntosh plus last round MSD pick for Tayte Pears plus 2nd round MSD pick. Jen wrote: Lenh191 wrote: chels wrote: Jen tells me she will be de-listing four, so it will be what would have been her fourth pick that I will be picking up Len. I'll list it as such, Jen could you please give a nod to that, I don't doubt chels for a second but I like these things to be inarguable. Yes that is all correct - I am giving Chels my 4th round MSD pick chris88 wrote: Darraweit Guim and Gundagai have reached a deal which will see Darraweit Guim send its 3rd rd MSD pick (pick 47), its acquired 4th rd MSD pick (Pick 60, from Gariwerd) and Nathan Van Berlo to the Grasshoppers in return for Gundagai's 3rd rd MSD pick (Pick 37). chris88 wrote: Darraweit and Powlett Plains have come to an agreement which will see the Packers part with their first two MSD picks (either 13/14 and 31/32) as well as their 4th round 2014 PSD pick to gain the services of Matthew Boyd. Philosoraptor wrote: Powlett has also traded Darren Jolly and Liam Jones to the Nuffas for Adam Goodes. TerryinBangkok wrote: Whitsunday are sending their second-round MSD pick (25) to Gundagai in exchange for the Hopper's fourth-round PSD pick. ... The Warriors also depart with two of their regular stars, sending Tom Hawkins and Rebecca to Foul Bay and in return receiving Josh J. Kennedy and Nathan Hrovat and the Bay's second-round MSD pick. Hopefully for the Chooks they can now make a game of it for #1. <p class='Quote]Lenny120 wrote:Birdsville have received Lewis Jetta in exchange for Birdsville's 2nd round pick of PSD to Wagga Wagga. Lenh191 wrote: The Cradle Mountain Devils have accepted the Marble Bar Misfits offer of Shaun Grigg and their 2014 PSD round 3 selection in exchange for Devon Smith. melbandy wrote: After a fierce battle for the services of Taylor Walker, Ant and the Cockies have emerged victorious. He will depart the Nuffers for picks 11 and 20 of the MSD. hanks for your interest and good luck to you and your family anthak wrote: So, the first trade to announce is: Gariwerd sends: their 2nd round 2014 PSD pick, to Iron Knob; Iron Knob sends: MSD pick 18 and Cam Pederson, to Gariwerd. ...
    The 2nd trade to announce is: Gariwerd sends: Nathan Vardy, to Powlett Plains; Powlett Plains sends: their 1st round 2014 PSD pick, to Gariwerd. anthak wrote: anthak wrote:and there's more to come :) Here's the deal: Gariwerd send: James Magner; MSD pick 42; 2014 PSD Round 1 pick (originally from Powlett Plains, acquired in the Vardy deal announced earlier today); and PSD Round 4 pick, to Venus Bay. Venus Bay send: MSD pick 33; 2014 PSD Round 2 pick; and 2014 PSD Round 3 pick, to Gariwerd. I think that will do me for this trade period :) less than 2 hours to go until deadline now... Philosoraptor wrote: Wagga Wagga trade SHANE TUCK for Powlett's 3rd round MSD pick. I think that is it. Any corrections required?

8. Len

Len Cockburn Knightrider Staff Member

Your list = mine, so let's hope it's correct :)

9. anthak

It seems that Philosoraptor does not like drafting :) traded away heaps of high picks!

10. TerryinBangkok

TerryinBangkok Moderator Staff Member

bama's job really, but thanks for getting the summary up ant.