ORFFA Official Pre-Season Draft Thread

Discussion in 'ORFFA' started by Len, Feb 18, 2013.

1. anthak

anthak Moderator Staff Member

anyone know what Fitzy is up to?

2. graeme

graeme Guest

dunno ant, maybe he is trading answers to homework for something he wants?

3. J_C

J_C Guest

TerryinBangkok wrote: Calling JC (pauses to genuflect). Mate, all very nice you shortening the TS moniker, but there are two of you, both without avatars and I am loath to PM you pictures of naked transvestites in case they fall into the wrong hands. Perhaps you could adopt the painting below as your avatar? It was done by a friend. I am here Terry. Did you require something specific, or is it simply your wish that I add an avatar?

4. grav

grav Guest

chels wrote:
    dunno ant, maybe he is trading answers to homework for something he wants? lol - razor sharp!

5. I hope you're all watching Majak...

6. dmandrews

dmandrews Well-Known Member

Len It's great to see that you were able to select players you wanted with picks 54 and 57. I wouldn't read much into opposition ORFFA coaches picking fewer players than expected from your shortlist. Each coach has a different perspective given their teams respective needs for youth vs experience and the quality of their list in the four different positions, which increases the liklihood of each coach being satisfied with their selctions at the end of the draft. I always planned to select one mature age player and three players that were drafted at the 2012 Draft. I wasn't sure whether to pick a mature age player with my third or fourth pick, I decided to use my third pick, number 46 overall on Lee Spurr which definately turned out to be the right decision. At the time of taking that pick I had three 2012 draftees in mind for my last pick at number 64 overall. None of them have been taken yet and as there are only two picks to be taken before me I will end up getting one of these players with pick 64.

7. anthak

anthak Moderator Staff Member

Ive got the pick after Fitzy. I'll be leaving work in about 45 min, so if he hasnt picked by then, then I probably wont get a chance to make my selection until later tonight - roughly about 9:30pm, which is 12:30am for those of you in Melbs. Just wanted to let y'all know :)

8. TerryinBangkok

TerryinBangkok Moderator Staff Member

chels wrote:
    dunno ant, maybe he is trading answers to homework for something he wants? G[span style='color: #00b0f0;]O[span style='color: #7030a0;]O[span style='color: #ff0000;]D [span style='color: #00b050;]O[span style='color: #c00000;]N[span style='color: #0070c0;]E!

9. Len

Len Cockburn Knightrider Staff Member

dmandrews wrote:
    Len It's great to see that you were able to select players you wanted with picks 54 and 57. I wouldn't read much into opposition ORFFA coaches picking fewer players than expected from your shortlist. Each coach has a different perspective given their teams respective needs for youth vs experience and the quality of their list in the four different positions, which increases the liklihood of each coach being satisfied with their selctions at the end of the draft. I always planned to select one mature age player and three players that were drafted at the 2012 Draft. I wasn't sure whether to pick a mature age player with my third or fourth pick, I decided to use my third pick, number 46 overall on Lee Spurr which definately turned out to be the right decision. At the time of taking that pick I had three 2012 draftees in mind for my last pick at number 64 overall. None of them have been taken yet and as there are only two picks to be taken before me I will end up getting one of these players with pick 64.
    You are no doubt right Dean, I was very happy to grab those last two... I tried very hard this draft not to be a saint fan boy which I may have been guilty of in the original, but Seb was too tempting :)
    Some of the picks have stunned me but when I go to the prospectus and look for a name Ihavenever heard of I an understand why they have been grabbed..

10. TerryinBangkok

TerryinBangkok Moderator Staff Member

JC wrote:
    TerryinBangkok wrote: Calling JC (pauses to genuflect). Mate, all very nice you shortening the TS moniker, but there are two of you, both without avatars and I am loath to PM you pictures of naked transvestites in case they fall into the wrong hands. Perhaps you could adopt the painting below as your avatar? It was done by a friend. I am here Terry. Did you require something specific, or is it simply your wish that I add an avatar? Transvestites not specific enough for you? Suggest adding an avatar to avoid confusion please.

11. Bandit

Bandit Moderator Staff Member

I'm here too guys, going to be very dusty in the morning, but if we can get to 68 tonight I'll be ready to go provided the player I want is still available.... If not it is going to require changing of spreadsheet filters etc... Something not to be attempted by a try hard golfer half cut!

12. Len

anthak wrote:
    Ive got the pick after Fitzy. I'll be leaving work in about 45 min, so if he hasnt picked by then, then I probably wont get a chance to make my selection until later tonight - roughly about 9:30pm, which is 12:30am for those of you in Melbs. Just wanted to let y'all know :)
    Totally up to you ant we have no time pressures, but if you want and there is only one pick prior you can send me a list of two...
    Really though, we now have 10 days for less than 30 picks

13. dmandrews

dmandrews Well-Known Member

It's only natural to have a bit of bias to your own club when drafting Len, more so later in the draft where you will have far greater knowledge on players from your club thanoppostion players with similar ability. In the draft last year I didn't pick any Saints with my first nine selections and then picked five Saints in the draft after that. If I wasn't a Saints fan I probably wouldn't have picked Ledger and Siposs in the draft last year. The Ledger pick didn't work and he was the last player the Devils delisted however the Siposs selection definately did work and might have the bonus ofbeing able to select him as a defender from 2014 onwards.

14. Len

dmandrews wrote:
    It's only natural to have a bit of bias to your own club when drafting Len, more so later in the draft where you will have far greater knowledge on players from your club thanoppostion players with similar ability. In the draft last year I didn't pick any Saints with my first nine selections and then picked five Saints in the draft after that. If I wasn't a Saints fan I probably wouldn't have picked Ledger and Siposs in the draft last year. The Ledger pick didn't work and he was the last player the Devils delisted however the Siposs selection definately did work and might have the bonus ofbeing able to select him as a defender from 2014 onwards. The Siposs one will bring you some huge scores this year, he is a gun, my big score last year was Toby Greene, I am hoping that Seb will bring me 60% of that return this year and build going forward.

15. J_C

J_C Guest

TerryinBangkok wrote:
    Suggest adding an avatar to avoid confusion please. Since you asked so nicely, Terry.

16. chris88

chris88 1000 Monkeys at 1000 Typewriters Staff Member

I know it is only preseason and very early, but geez its nice to have Ty Vickery back on the park - for the Tigers and for my ORFFA team.

17. Fitzy

Fitzy Guest

Have had cricket, give me 15-20

18. J_C

J_C Guest

No rush Fitzy. Unless Ant is still hanging about, you've got a bit of time up your sleeve.

19. Fitzy

Fitzy Guest

Pick #62 : Callum Bartlett from the Brisbane Lions. Was pick 27 in the 2009 draft but this Mid/Fwd has had knee problems hampering him from playing. But he gets his chance in the ORFFA now. Welcome to the VB Vultures! :)

20. Len

With Pick 63 Gariwerd select Setanta O'hAilpin of the GWS