ORFFA Official Pre-Season Draft Thread

Discussion in 'ORFFA' started by Len, Feb 18, 2013.

1. Len

Len Cockburn Knightrider Staff Member

Yep, it was a very interesting read, and will possibly influence my strategy next year when I hope not to have been given pick 3 as a pickmeup.. None of the 4 I picked are listed in my starting squad, actually I'll change the post I just made to show the roles, reflects exactly what you are saying.

2. ChiefRussell

ChiefRussell Well-Known Member

Oh...and the odds will go up sometime towards the end of next week. Have a bit of stuff on this week that will probably prevent it happening any earlier.

3. J_C

J_C Guest

You waiting for the last 6 picks before you revise the odds CR, or have you already started? :)

4. J_C

J_C Guest

ChiefRussell wrote:
    Oh...and the odds will go up sometime towards the end of next week. Have a bit of stuff on this week that will probably prevent it happening any earlier. Well that answers my question at least!

5. ChiefRussell

ChiefRussell Well-Known Member

Yeah, when the drafting is finished then I will go into the process of updating my copies of everyones list, so I'll update everyone's best 15's as I see them and have a look at the overall depth of each squad in the four positions and go from there.
    With so many new players in teams, it'll take me a bit longer than the odd adjusting of a player or two in the event of a trade.

6. graeme

graeme Guest

The Waikiks like players who have a bit of mongrel in them, so with our final pick we have selected (or 'dafted') a guy who recently verbally assaulted a team mate and has been 'handcuffed' in TiB country (a big plus). Born on the 13th of February, drafted on page 13; the numbers are in alignment. The final link in the chain was when our lady members during their recent vineyard crawl voted him 'spunk of the year'. [span style='font-size: 14px; line-height: 1.3;]Last night he showed a bit of spark and is our 'third year break out' punt.
    A big welcome to a young defender, Maverick Weller of the gcs.

7. melbandy

melbandy Active Member

Final pick for the Nuffers is Ryan Lester BL - I thinks he's available

8. Len

He is, and he is all yours :)

9. melbandy

melbandy Active Member

After a big cleanout and restock, the Nuffers cheerleaders are looking forward to breaking in the new [span style='text-decoration: line-through;]meatplayers and making them feel special

10. G-Train

G-Train Member

110 Western Bulldogs Jason Tutt

11. TerryinBangkok

TerryinBangkok Moderator Staff Member

Lenh191 wrote:
    nick grab P'rap, looks he might bring something this year on thebrieflook we had Know you have been absorbed in the draft Len, so perhaps it escaped your attention that Nick is no longer with us. Not sure our philosopher would appreciate being grabbed by him either.

12. TerryinBangkok

Given he had 4 picks at the sticky end of the draft, P'rap has shown that research pays off. Last one a little speculative perhaps, but all good building blocks and he will no longer lose any sleep over ruck stocks.

13. G-Train

G-Train Member

TerryinBangkok wrote:
    Given he had 4 picks at the sticky end of the draft, P'rap has shown that research pays off. Last one a little speculative perhaps, but all good building blocks and he will no longer lose any sleep over ruck stocks. Thanks. I spent hours researching the last pick. It just felt like an important one. Tutt is a risk,particularlybecause of past injuries. But he has worked with Cross all preseason and has had a great one. He is one of the few doggies with pace. I have a gut feeling he could go well this year for a bottom roster player - IF he stays healthy. There was one player I rated above him, but I felt I needed another MID.

14. Len

you've certainly dug deep and got some gems..
    With Terry having officially handed over Far Kew, and bb not seemingly around to pick whatever Jen has given him we may as well have the lady select the last three squad membersherself, there are now no picks in between so noone hascausefor complaint.
    Terry are you also assigning naming rights?

15. TerryinBangkok

FK not exactly being very lady-like, I believe Jen has come up with some obscure suburb in Geelong. Perhaps not remote or regional, but then neither was Kew. Once the draft is over she may even wish to start a team thread, just so we all know.

16. Jen

Jen Well-Known Member

TerryinBangkok wrote:FK not exactly being very lady-like, I believe Jen has come up with some obscure suburb in Geelong. Perhaps not remote or regional, but then neither was Kew. Once the draft is over she may even wish to start a team thread, just so we all know. Oh TiB I am way ahead of you, and once I do my last three picks I am going to start a thread about the NEW FK team.

17. Jen

Jen Well-Known Member

Well now that Far Kew Frogs is official my team, I have the last three picks ready to go, so here they are: #111 - from St Kilda Beau Maister FWD #112 - from Geelong the son of a great man Andrew Bews - Jed Bews DEF #113 - Also from the land of the Cats one I thought would have been picked already but hasn't and I feel will be a good addition to my team the one the only Joel Corey MID

18. Len

Thanks Jen.. Someinterestingpicks, Corey is a good short term option for sure
    As they say in the classics, That's all folks!
    I will throw up a thread with the official team lists to keep as a reference point.

19. Len

Jen wrote:
    Well now that Far Kew Frogs is official my team, I have the last three picks ready to go, so here they are: #111 - from St Kilda Beau Maister FWD #112 - from Geelong the son of a great man Andrew Bews - Jed Bews DEF #113 - Also from the land of the Cats one I thought would have been picked already but hasn't and I feel will be a good addition to my team the one the only Joel Corey MID Just one trick for now, until the SC guys update Wilkes name we will probably have to keep calling him that on the lists, just to assist with scoring.

20. dmandrews

dmandrews Well-Known Member

Welcome to the ORFFA Jen, it is good that you were able to start making your imprint on your Frogs team. Well done to TiB for finding a new coach so quickly. Great job by Len during the trade/delistment period. Given the hold-up with Nick going missingit was a great effort by all coaches to complete the draft in a week. I look forward to the 2013 ORFFA season and seeing if any of the remaining 16 teams are able to bridge the gap to last years benchmark teams Foul Bay & Iron Knob.