ORFFA Round 1 Review

Discussion in 'ORFFA' started by Len, Mar 22, 2021.

By Len on Mar 22, 2021 at 9:16 PM
  1. Len

Len Cockburn Knightrider Staff Member

Round 1 Review courtesy of @TerryinBangkok
    -------------------------------------------------------------------

Win or lose, isn’t it just great to be back?

Waikiks 1380 def. Uglies 1252
    Good tussle this one with both teams scoring 5 tons. Great way to start the season but it doesn’t get any easier for Mount Beauty next week with the clash of the Tassie Mountain Men.

Vultures 1226 def. Battlers 1078
    Fitzy started with a bang and the Battlers well, they battled. Only one ton to the Vultures but very good even scores across the board. Ominous.

Devils 1354 def. Lefties 1048
    It’s official. The Lefties are building. The Devils made a mess of them with a polished performance, but the Lefties have set themselves a benchmark for the rest of the year. Larrikin Lagoon rises from the ashes?

Lilacs 1189 def. Wanderers 996
    Lilacs are a rapidly improving team and will be thereabouts come finals time. The Wanderers remain a development team but are pushing that magic 1k mark. Hope to see steady improvement this year from both teams.

Wombats 1334 def. Cockatoos 798.
    Bang. The Wombats are the Adelaide Crows of the ORFFA and the Cockies are Geelong. We know the Cockies will bounce back, but can the Wombats put together a consistent season and climb to the heights we know they are capable of?

Chickens 1330 def. Nuffers 909
    Like good wine, the Chooks just get better with age and have shown they still have plenty left in the tank. The Nuffers are another development side, fueled by enthusiasm.

Grasshoppers 1301 def. Spelunkers 1066
    The Spelunkers signed the Magna Carta while Gundagai would be happy to have that one in the bag. Both teams can be expected to improve on this outing.

Packers 956 def. Warriors 934
    Warriors got off to a bad start with injury woes aplenty, but full credit to the Packers who ground out a gutsy well deserved win. 1k is the target for Tracey and this week would be a good time to do it.

Misfits 1388 def. Codpieces 958
    Marble Bar have shown their hand early, top scoring, while all of the Knob’s juicy draft picks didn’t amount to a hell of a lot. Flynn might be the steal of the draft and the Misfits still have Whitfield to come. Hope they exercise a bit more discretion this week.

Only one close one in all of that. Is Round 1 an aberration with so many 1300+ scores or is it a sign that ORFFA is being split into a two-tiered competition? Hopefully a few surprises this week.

• Like Like x 8

Comments

Discussion in 'ORFFA' started by Len, Mar 22, 2021.

1. snoz
      snoz
      Great stuff TiB, thanks for the write up !!!
      • Like Like x 2
    2. anthak
      anthak
      Thanks Tib! Yes it’s good to be back for sure. but geezuz that must be Gariwerd’s lowest score ever! I can’t remember ever scoring that low, but we might’ve
      • Like Like x 2
    3. TheTassieHawk
      TheTassieHawk
      Add Drew and Davis back in and it looks a fair bit healthier @anthak
      • Like Like x 1
    4. That KI Guy
      That KI Guy
      Nice work TiB.
      Definitely drew the outside barrier this week as my score could have beaten a third of the comp.
      And in case you’re wondering, not we’re not really that good.
      • Like Like x 2
    5. TerryinBangkok
      TerryinBangkok
      I'm just wondering if @Bandit will get the Magna Carta reference.
      @graeme will have chewed it up already.

Sorry for the brief review but spent a day working out the scores then bugger me, @walesy posted the results. Good thing too - few mistakes in my adding up.
      • Like Like x 2
    6. TerryinBangkok
      TerryinBangkok
      The beauty of a low score Ant is the only way is up.
      • Like Like x 1
    7. graeme
      graeme
      Thanks for the review @TerryinBangkok - brief but to the point.

The labyrinth that is your mind might have confused me with a knowledgeable person. Should the 1066 not have referenced Hastings rather than the Magna Carta (1215)? Or has @Bandit been given the power to tax us all? Or am I just dumb?
      • Like Like x 2
    8. Len
      Len
      Is this the first round we've had with 6 sub 1k scores and 6 13k plus scores?
      • Like Like x 3
    9. Bandit
      Bandit
      Must admit it went over my head, but a lot of things are at the moment!

Great write up @TerryinBangkok
    10. TerryinBangkok
      TerryinBangkok
      Touche. My labyrinth was not wrong.
      • Like Like x 2
    11. JC
      JC
      Thank you @TerryinBangkok . With a shit effort like that from the Battlers, including from the selection committee, I'm very happy for you to keep it brief. :)
      • Like Like x 3
    12. HeavyMen
      HeavyMen
      Well another season underway & TiB hits me right between the f..king eyes with his 2nd line!
      I’m sure Bama will have have a couple of plans for Tassie, perhaps a coach meet players ala the Scott way or even a couple of Mark Yates to Dermie type of pick offs, to bring in a nuffie medical sub from the Taswegians.
      Out of pure spite hoping the Waikiks cop a beating this week
      • Like Like x 1
    13. graeme
      graeme
      Terrific to have you back in the loop @HeavyMen . The cows must have had a premonition and acted accordingly as per your instructions. Given you influence, could you please send some good karma our way? There is a decent bottle of pinot noir with your name on it behind the bar at the Bulls Hit Tavern.
      • Like Like x 1
      • Option 5 Option 5 x 1
    14. TerryinBangkok
      TerryinBangkok
      Hope you've jumped into some our leagues HM (you can leave the Silverback at home this year).
      • Like Like x 1
    15. HeavyMen
      HeavyMen
      Twas a nasty reaction to a first up loss - a bit brutish of me! May the Cows come in this week :)
    16. HeavyMen
      HeavyMen
      We will meet in the good old Donuts league TiB
      Had a quick peep at Rd 2 scores - you should have rit that one :)
      Bama has always been the best Mounting Man :) (He he chortle chortle)
      • Like Like x 2