ORFFA Round 4 - Teams & Banter

Discussion in 'ORFFA' started by Bandit, Apr 6, 2023.

1. Bandit

Bandit Moderator Staff Member

ORFFA Round 4/AFL Round 4 Thursday 6th April

THEME – Mark Seaby Round

Sent from the past to the future, and then back into the past by mistake before arriving in the present, Terminator Mark Seaby emerges from the mist and various pollutants to save the ORFFA draft from double drafting and other threats to humankind’s existence.

Meanwhile his sidekick, Brynn Teakle, looks nervously at various ORFFA lists, confused about which one he is actually on and too frightened to ask Terminator Mark Seaby for help.

Charlies Opening Spelunkers v Mt Beauty Uglies
    Nareewillock Nuffers v Marble Bar Misfits
    Venus Bay Vultures v Lovely Banks Lilacs
    Wagga Wagga Wombats v Larrikin Lagoon Lefties
    Waikikamoocow Incorrigibles v Iron Knob Codpieces
    Whitsunday Warriors v Gundagai Grasshoppers
    Wineglass Bay Packers v Gariwerd Cockatoos
    Birdsville Battlers v Foul Bay Chickens
    Cradle Mountain Devils v Dunsborough Dung Beetles

• Like Like x 4
  2. anthak

anthak Moderator Staff Member

Gariwerd Cockatoos
    Subject to change

Out: Max Holmes
    In: Cam Guthrie

DEF: Shannon Hurn, Aidan Corr, Angus Brayshaw, Zach Tuohy (Changkuoth Jiath)
    MID: Touk Miller, Rory Laird, Seb Ross, Willem Drew (Max Holmes)
    RUCK: Sam Draper (Andrew Phillips)
    FWD: Jack Darling, Bradley Hill, Alex Neal-Bullen, Taylor Walker (Chad Wingard)
    INT: Sam Durham, Cam Guthrie

• Like Like x 2
  3. Len

Len Cockburn Knightrider Staff Member

Misfits slated to face the newly mighty Nuffers;
    DEFENDERS: Jake Lloyd, Caleb Daniel, Tom McCartin, Lachlan Weller - Charlie Ballard
    MIDFIELDERS: Adam Treloar, Josh Kelly, Callan Ward, Rory Sloane - 0
    RUCKS: Matthew Flynn - 0
    FORWARDS: Tim Taranto, Ash Johnson, Will Hayward, Jake Stringer - Matthew Taberner
    INTERCHANGE: Massimo D'Ambrosio, Lachie Whitfield - Harrison Himmelberg

• Like Like x 3
  4. dmandrews

dmandrews Well-Known Member

Cradle Mountain Round 4 team

Out: J Laverde (omitted), J Riewoldt (managed)
    In: J Hopper, T Sonsie

New: Tyler Sonsie (recruited from Lysterfield in Victoria) makes his ORFFA debut.

Def: N Vlastuin, J Lever, D Heppell, J Bowey, (J Laverde)
    Mid: S Pendlebury 109, J Hopper, S Sidebottom 48, R Ginbey (B Cook)
    Ruc: T Nankervis
    Fwd: J Gresham, A Naughton, D Zorko 81, T Sonsie (J Gunston)
    Int: T English, R Marshall (Z Fisher)

After Thursday night’s game the Devils are 238/3 at an average of 79.3 - these players are in bold above

Cradle Mountain have made two changes after their Round 3 fade-out loss to Charlies Opening at home with defender Jayden Laverde omitted and forward Jack Riewoldt managed for the Round 4 home game against Dunsborough.

For the second time in two rounds a Devils Round 1 PSD pick is making his ORFFA debut, this round it is forward/midfielder Tyler Sonsie who the club selected with pick 15 at the 2022 PSD. Sonsie was recruited by CMD from Lysterfield in Victoria and also played under 18’s football for Eastern Ranges. Sonsie gets his chance in the Devils 15 player team after having been named as an emergency in six of the clubs previous eight games, the clubs last five games of 2022 and Round 3, 2023. At state league level last weekend Sonsie had 37 disposals, 14 contested possessions, seven clearances and six tackles. After missing Round 3 with a knee injury Jacob Hopper returns to play in the Cradle Mountain midfield which results in Dyson Heppell being switched from the midfield back to defense.

In 2022 Jake Bowey was the only player under 22 years of age to play a senior game for Cradle Mountain. Bowey played 13 of the Devils first 14 games in 2022 and in Round 2 had 24 kicks, 10 handballs, took nine marks and had 18 contested possessions to score 151 SuperCoach points and poll 5 Les W Medal votes in a best afield performance. Another three players in the 18 to 21 age bracket were named as an emergency for the Devils multiple times in 2022 - Sonsie (named an emergency five times) Jack Mahony (five times) and Brayden Cook (twice) but this trio were unable to break into the CMD 15 player team.

Three players under 22 years of age have been selected in the Devils Round 4 team to play the Dunsborough Dung Beetles – 20 year-olds Bowey and Sonsie in defense and the forward line respectively along with last week’s 18 year-old debutant Reuben Ginbey in the midfield. Ginbey played junior football for the Dunsborough Junior Football Club and was ecstatic when an ORFFA club relocated to Dunsborough in 2022. Although Ginbey was attending boarding school at Wesley College in Perth during 2022 he bought a Dung Beetles membership and attended a couple of the club’s ORFFA home games last season when he returned home to Dunsborough. Ginbey was superb on ORFFA debut for the Devils last weekend, with 20 disposals, 13 contested possessions, six clearances and eight tackles to score 104 SC points. In ORFFA game number 2 Ginbey makes the transition from being a Dunsborough member last year to now play against the Dung Beetles and will spend some time opposed to fellow big-bodied midfielder Tom Green who ranks in the ORFFA’s top 20 with 113 SC points per game in 2023.

With Cradle Mountain captain Jack Steele out injured due to a broken collarbone Devils vice-captain Toby Nankervis captained the club for the first time in Round 3, becoming the first Tasmanian to captain CMD. Details on Cradle Mountain’s leadership group and the age-profile of the list will be provided in a later round when no players make their ORFFA debut or club debut for the Devils.

• Like Like x 1
  5. Len

Len Cockburn Knightrider Staff Member

It is with a heavy heart that I have to pass on the news that my good friend @TerryinBangkok has passed away. I am travelling until late tonight and have only my phone to net with. Will post more later.

• Like Like x 1
  6. graeme

graeme Well-Known Member

Thank you @Len for informing us of this very sad news. TiBby was one of a kind - often it was unclear whether he was serious or extracting the urine. He will be sorely missed.

• Like Like x 5
  7. JC

JC Well-Known Member

Ah shit. Thanks for letting us know, @Len . As @graeme said, TiB was a genuine one of a kind. While he hasn't been around as much in recent times, this won't be as much fun without him.

• Like Like x 4
  8. Bandit

Please pass on my condolences

• Like Like x 1
  9. chris88

chris88 1000 Monkeys at 1000 Typewriters Staff Member

Thankyou for letting us know Len. Such sad news, always loved Terry's presence here, his turn of phrase and his sense of humour.

Please pass on mine and Jen's condolences.

• Like Like x 1
  10. anthak

anthak Moderator Staff Member

Oh I’m so sorry to hear that, Len. That’s very sad news. TiB will be missed a lot.

Is there anything we can do to help? Donations or something else?

• Like Like x 2
  11. snoz

snoz Moderator

Devastated.......true story, I nicknamed him TiB back in the day even though he didn't like it cos TerryinBangkok was too much to write. Also true story, TiB created my mob for me when ORFFA first started & located them in Gundagai & named them Grasshoppers. Fuck !
    Gonna miss that bastard :(

• Like Like x 8
  12. That KI Guy

That KI Guy Moderator Staff Member

I have no words.
    A diehard Port tragic.

Love ya mate.
    RIP TiB

• Like Like x 5
  13. Bandit

For those of you asking and messaging… we will honour this fabulous man… leave it with me

• Like Like x 5
  14. HeavyMen

HeavyMen Well-Known Member

I will miss our conversation TiB & also seeing you correcting my speling mistakes.
    R.I.P.

• Like Like x 4