ORFFA ROUND 4 TEAMS

Discussion in 'ORFFA' started by J_C, Apr 18, 2013.

1. Len

Len Cockburn Knightrider Staff Member

Thanks ant, I will finish of those intercomp stats now

2. anthak

anthak Moderator Staff Member

Lenh191 wrote:
    Thanks ant, I will finish of those intercomp stats now let me know if you need help with it

3. chris88

chris88 1000 Monkeys at 1000 Typewriters Staff Member

I'll endeavour to pull together a writeup of some sort tomorrow. IT may however only be brief. More important is the compilation of the ladder.

4. TerryinBangkok

TerryinBangkok Moderator Staff Member

chris88 wrote:
    I'll endeavour to pull together a writeup of some sort tomorrow. IT may however only be brief. More important is the compilation of the ladder. Agree. Also important is suggestions for how we can do this better.

5. Len

anthak wrote:
    Lenh191 wrote:
    Thanks ant, I will finish of those intercomp stats now let me know if you need help with it Always happy for a 2nd opinion ant, Pm me your email address?

6. grav

grav Guest

TerryinBangkok wrote:
    chris88 wrote:
    There's been a few teams really really badly hit by injuries. Marble Bar and Gundagai have copped it, so has Nunawading, Lovely Banks ... even Darraweit. I think the expansion of lists is increasingly looking like a valid idea. As for my mob, its pretty plain that the injuries have derailed the season. I think there's 3-4 players that are going to be on the trading block for draft picks come mid-season. Guys like McPharlin, Dal Santo, Harvey - capable players, but ones who I probably have to part with if I am going to rebuild a team. Yep, at our Whits end up here. Alex Johnson and now Patton both out for the season. Happy to join the chorus for team expansion. Although not suffering from injury as much as some (NicNat and now Schoenmakers), my defence is turning rancid. What started as 8 walk up starts jostling for a turn on the paddock, has evolved into 4 barely able to crawl over the line :( As they say....' It's evolution, Baby!'

7. grav

grav Guest

TerryinBangkok wrote:
    chris88 wrote:
    I'll endeavour to pull together a writeup of some sort tomorrow. IT may however only be brief. More important is the compilation of the ladder. Agree. Also important is suggestions for how we can do this better. No startling revelations here, though I can offer to score 3 - 4 games for next rnd and throw em up for verification. Sent u a PM Ant.

8. anthak

TerryinBangkok wrote:chris88 wrote:I'll endeavour to pull together a writeup of some sort tomorrow. IT may however only be brief. More important is the compilation of the ladder.  Agree. Also important is suggestions for how we can do this better. Did you miss these comments from the 1st page of this thread TiB?chels wrote:A simple, genuine suggestion - for this quick update of scores why not require the designated home team to provide the data asap?  It would mean every second week you track and report the individual and team scores.  Simple to do in excel (or equivalent) - I am guessing many of us track the round scores anyway. chris88 wrote:Agree Chels - reckon you are spot on there.   Would help ensure all games are broken down and scored quickly, and would also get everyone involved in scoring and share the load. We should put this in place.    Seems like a good idea to me. Did I miss anything that suggested a reason why we shouldn't go with this?

9. anthak

gravenger wrote:TerryinBangkok wrote:chris88 wrote:I'll endeavour to pull together a writeup of some sort tomorrow. IT may however only be brief. More important is the compilation of the ladder.  Agree. Also important is suggestions for how we can do this better.  No startling revelations here, though I can offer to score 3 - 4 games for next rnd and throw em up for verification. Sent u a PM Ant. Thanks mate. I got your pm. Fitzy and I would appreciate the help ;)But I reckon it's fair to spread the load as per Chels' suggestion. If its deemed inappropriate or similar, then we can work together on them for sure. I've got a shocking net connection at home atm, but doing that game today at work was a breeze... Only problem with that is that I rarely get time at work to do it.

10. Len

Looks like we will only need to to manually score for this week, and possibly next week at the worst. That being the case home team scoring sounds like a good temporary option, I am away for the next two weeks but should have good internet the whole time.

11. chris88

Review up - http://tooserious.net/forum/Blog/tabid/90/EntryId/1707/The-Winners-the-abbreviated-edition-ORFFA-Round-4.aspx

12. graeme

graeme Guest

Good news about automated scoring. Yet, for mine one of the benefits of manually loading has been to be able to follow my match and see what is needed to win. I can then heckle an opponent's players, cheer when they are subbed off and indulge in other anti-social behaviour in the privacy of my 'media room.'
    If it were possible I would love to see a teams post as we have done for the first rounds retained and also have the benefits of automated scoring. Any thoughts?

13. chris88

Yep, know exactly where you are coming from Chels - reckon once the automated teams are up and going, we still have a thread each week with team lists so we can better follow games over the weekend.

14. TerryinBangkok

TerryinBangkok Moderator Staff Member

Good. Some clarity emerges. Point 1. It is (as some have said) difficult to follow how other teams are doing using the auto system (geez, Cloke got 2 trillion - who'se got Cloke?). So, suggest we load in auto when available and, if the new bells & whistles don't do it for us, we also put them up in a weekly thread. Point 2. Chels suggestion top notch. Home teams put up their scores and their opponent scores in the teams thread for that round ASAP. Ant/Fitzy ++ do a quick check (mainly to make sure everyone is in). It is the responsibility of the away team to make sure the scores are right. Point 3. Don't forget your 5,4,3,2,1. Will be damned hard for Fitzy to follow up missing scores if he is away for a few weeks. Assume everyone okay with this.

15. grav

grav Guest

anthak wrote:
    gravenger wrote: TerryinBangkok wrote: chris88 wrote: I'll endeavour to pull together a writeup of some sort tomorrow. IT may however only be brief. More important is the compilation of the ladder. Agree. Also important is suggestions for how we can do this better. No startling revelations here, though I can offer to score 3 - 4 games for next rnd and throw em up for verification. Sent u a PM Ant. Thanks mate. I got your pm. Fitzy and I would appreciate the help ;)But I reckon it's fair to spread the load as per Chels' suggestion. If its deemed inappropriate or similar, then we can work together on them for sure. I've got a shocking net connection at home atm, but doing that game today at work was a breeze... Only problem with that is that I rarely get time at work to do it. no probs Ant, good to hear that auto load is not far away. Lefties not hosting this week so will go with commish decree and check my match scores once posted by the Devils. Give me a shout if a host team coach is AWOL and cant do their tally.

16. Fitzy

Fitzy Guest

Hey lads, been away for a few days and seem I have a fair bit more to catch up, but my vote goes to the Home Team doing the scores for their game, the Les.W votes will be up in the next 24 hours, when I find the time. :) Go Vultures