ORFFA ROUND 6 REVIEW

Discussion in 'ORFFA' started by CursingFijian, Apr 26, 2022.

?

Should the DUNGBEETLES get one or two priority picks?

Poll closed May 3, 2022.
  1. One

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. Two

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. Buckle my shoe

9 vote(s)
    100.0%
  1. CursingFijian

CursingFijian Active Member

The Venus Bay Vultures and Waikikamoocow Incorrigibles both continued their unbeaten run this season. The Vultures coasting to a comfortable win over the Lovely Bank Lilacs who failed to crack a 1000 points for the first time this season. The Incorrigibles triumphed in a much tighter affair sending the Whitsunday Warriors to their second consecutive defeat.

The Gundagai Grasshoppers were the form team on the ANZAC weekend scoring a whopping 1549 against the luckless Cradle Mountain Devils whose 1363 would have been enough to see off any other team in the round. The Grasshoppers are now outright 3rd on the ladder and well placed for an assault on a top two placing. The Grasshoppers have scored the most points in the competition to this point suggesting they will press hard at the pointy end of the season.

The Gariwerd Cockatoos (4th) and the Foul Bay Chickens both round out the top 5. The Cockatoos accounted for the Nareewillock Nuffers while the Chickens had an important win over Charlies Opening Spelunkers to lift them clear of the peloton hunting for a finals spot.

The Marble Bar Misfits lead the chasing pack after they despatched the Dunsborough Dung Beetles who are still yet to win a game this year, and are considering an application for several priority picks and eagerly await the arrival of Nick Martin via the mid-season draft.

Wineglass Bay Packers had a scintillating win in a hotly contested affair claiming a 48 point win against Iron Knob Codpieces. The win keeps the Packers in the hunt and leaves the Codpieces languishing at the bottom end of the ladder.

In perhaps the most exciting game of the round Larrikin Lagoon Lefties pipped Birdsville Battlers by a single kick, pocketing the 4 points with a scintillating 3 point win. Both teams currently sit on 12 points apiece and are pedaling hard at the rear of the peloton!

Wagga Wagga Wombats also coasted home against a very ugly Mount Beauty outfit who romped in the lowest score in the ANZAC round. It's just un-Australian, I tell ya.

Last edited: Apr 26, 2022
    • Like Like x 8
  2. graeme

graeme Well-Known Member

• Like Like x 1
  3. anthak

anthak Moderator Staff Member

Great review, CF, thanks.

It’s interesting to see Foul Bay sitting 5th after beating Charlie’s Opening, despite CO having scored significantly more points than FB across the year so far.

Hopefully I can follow in Chief Russell’s footsteps this week against Charlie’s Opening.

• Like Like x 1
  4. HeavyMen

HeavyMen Well-Known Member

I’m CursingFijian right now :)
    Not the sort of results & comment I like to see, squared away at 3 & 3 with our backs to the wall!
    I hope there is an ugly savage response on field this week so I can get back to praising the prose.
    Nuf said

• Like Like x 2
  5. That KI Guy

That KI Guy Moderator Staff Member

Nice work CF.
    Minor correction.. Lefties were the pippers to snare a history making third win!

• Like Like x 2
  6. CursingFijian

CursingFijian Active Member

Edited! Cheers!

7. Len

Len Cockburn Knightrider Staff Member

Excellent summary mate, thanks :)

• Like Like x 1
  8. snoz

snoz Moderator

Thanks @CursingFijian - an excellent rookie review. It’s good to have you aboard mate!

• Like Like x 3
  9. JC

JC Well-Known Member

• Like Like x 1
  10. anthak

anthak Moderator Staff Member

The reference to winning by a single kick in this part of the review was the highlight for me. Well done

• Like Like x 1
  11. chris88

chris88 1000 Monkeys at 1000 Typewriters Staff Member

Love this - top stuff CF.

The poll at the top will, of course, see shoes buckled. However the Dungbeetles should feel free to share any priority draft picks with the always grateful Nuffers.

By the by, the Nuffers are currently being swabbed for performance enhancing substances after their near 1200 point score.

Again, delusions of competency are set to see the team notch a win this coming week against the Venus Ba....... ah yes, as you were then.

• Like Like x 4
  12. Jen

Jen Well-Known Member

We don't talk about the Lilacs.

Round 6 never happened, we have jumped right to Round 7

• Like Like x 5
  13. Fitzy

Fitzy Well-Known Member

Thanks to all who’ve written a review so far! Been a busy start to the year so been very quiet here but happy with the way the Vultures are travelling at 6-0. Played 7 defenders last week with 6 tonning up, looks like the tables have turned from previous years and the midfield is now my weakness… keen to debut Greg Clark this week though and see how he goes!

• Like Like x 2
  14. TerryinBangkok

TerryinBangkok Moderator Staff Member

And the wine goes to you sir.

• Like Like x 1