ORFFA Rules & Changes discussion

Discussion in 'ORFFA' started by Bandit, Aug 29, 2019.

Tags:
  1. anthak

anthak Moderator Staff Member

I like having 18 teams. Would prefer not to have a bye, and prefer 18 over 16...

• Like Like x 1
  2. That KI Guy

That KI Guy Moderator Staff Member

Yep happy to stick with an 18 team format

• Like Like x 1
  3. Bandit

Bandit Moderator Staff Member

No need for a vote yet folks, just want to get all the potential structural changes on the table (like Snoz did with the waiver suggestion)

Vote coming at end of week (there might need to be multiple)

4. snoz

snoz Moderator

@Len - how hard would it be for Les to code a waiver priority order in the off season?

5. Len

Len Cockburn Knightrider Staff Member

Definitely a Les question, but feels like a database restructure with a whole subset of coding at a minimum.
    @walesy

6. Bandit

7. Bandit

Hi everyone,

As the more fortunate amongst us start to look towards finals... it's time to revisit the structural changes that were somewhat debated (in haste) mid season.

The only real change that was garnering any significant support was the increase in the number of mandatory delists at preseason.

There are a couple of options here:
    a) we increase mandatory delists at preseason but do not increase number of total mandatory delists for the whole year (therefore potentially making the MSD an opt in affair) For example making preseason delists a mandatory 6 or;
    b) we increase the mandatory delists at preseason AND increase the overall number of mandatory delists. For example making minimum 6 delists at preseason, and 8 overall

Keen to hear your thoughts/opinions/vitriol etc

Is there anything else anyone wants to table before I start organising votes etc?

8. snoz

snoz Moderator

Definitely voting for SIX total for the season, all taken at the PSD with a voluntary opt in for the MSD. Cutting 8 from a list of 28 Is just too much.

I also think we need to at least look at the possibility of an automated waiver wire to see if it can even be done. The other option I’d like to discuss is a season long trade period. It opens options for all teams......contenders paying thru the nose for a finals tilt & the lower teams reaping said rewards.

9. graeme

graeme Well-Known Member

I am in favour of keeping things as simple as possible. Just delist six (6) for the PSD and then voluntary participation in a MSD.

No waivers, no season long trading.

10. Bandit

I'll ask Walesy what is possible regarding waivers... notwithstanding that it would still need to get up.

Season long trading in another aspect we can talk about, again would need to go to a vote.

First vote will be around number of delists and when... will work on wording in the next week or so

• Like Like x 1
  11. Bandit

@snoz

Here is the reply from @walesy... all comes down to a vote first before we spend any more time and effort on it

Vote for delistment numbers coming this week

• Like Like x 2
  12. Bandit

13. snoz

snoz Moderator

@Bandit - With Les's reply regarding an automated waiver wire, can we start a new convo on this? Last time it went
    to vote (not knowing if it could be automated) it rcvd 8/18 votes so worth a re-look me thinks.

As it stands in ORFFA.....we have a PSD & PS trading period followed by an MSD & MS trading period. Outside of
    weekly team submissions, communique and discussions become somewhat mute during the season. Is the recent
    participation a reflection on this ? Not even mention F%%$$ covid ! Weekly waivers keep all teams active thru out
    the whole season. Holes can be filled, flyers can be taken. Waiver priority becomes an important reality. Fringe teams
    can add players to push for finals. Top teams will look to fill gaps whilst lower teams can scan for future players.
    Essentially its a win win-win for participation. And as noted by Walesy - I'll volunteer to push the weekly button o Wednesdays.
    Since Don's departure the big red button has gathered nothing but dust & is lonely.

• Like Like x 1
  14. snoz

snoz Moderator

PS......If its not too late for further discussions:

Can we discuss 5 emergencies each week instead of 4 ?
    We have five lines, why not an EM on each line? It certainly alleviates late outs for the set n forget each round.

• Like Like x 1
  15. Bandit

Yep, let's get through the current vote and then we can table the waiver piece

• Like Like x 1