ORFFA Squad Expansion Draft Process & Thread

Discussion in 'ORFFA' started by Len, Jun 5, 2013.

1. Jen

Jen Well-Known Member

Well Chris gave me two names. One was Shane Savage, he had a feeling that he would be picked up again by Charlie's Opening. So he has said welcome back to Dirigibles at pick 30 Dom Cassisi

2. Jen

Jen Well-Known Member

To join the Lilacs Pick 31 - Adam Oxley

3. Len

Len Cockburn Knightrider Staff Member

Done, and done :)
    Only 5 picks left, plenty of healthy players left for Snoz......

4. chris88

chris88 1000 Monkeys at 1000 Typewriters Staff Member

Cards on the table - Savage, Dunnell ,Anthony, Jones, Ray and about 4 others were all on my list to be honest .... but I went with Cassisi because all my midfielders bar 3 are aged 24 or less. Foley, Walker and Harvey are the only older guys I have - and given I picked up 5 young midfielders in the drafts, I needed someone to maybe fill a gap for a year as the kids came through. That said, after watching Lachie Hunter tonight, I'm a pretty happy guy. He looks like he is going to be a more than solid footballer. Very polished and has a lot of time to dispose of the ball. Giving up Boyd was tough to do, but knowing I've picked up Otten and Hunter with the two picks I received in the MSD makes me a bit happier. Plus getting Cassisi back sees one of my establishment players return, which makes me happy.

5. dmandrews

dmandrews Well-Known Member

Chris, I am satisfied with the six players Cradle Mountain have delisted and eight draft selections in 2013 with one exception -delisting Lachie Hunter. Early in the season he was in the VFL reserves and looked to be a fair way off the pace too make an impact at AFL level in the short-termbut after averaging 26.4 disposals a game in the TAC Cup last year I shouldn't have delisted him after half a season. I wasn't expecting him to make his AFL debut as quickly as he did so as soon as I heard mid last week that he he was going to debut for the Bulldogs last night I knew I had made a mistake in delisting himbutone I will be able to learn from. Aswe have more and more seasons in the ORFFA the importance of the decisions we make on who we delist is going to become even more important. Well done Chris, it looks like you have got a good player in Hunter.

6. Bandit

Bandit Moderator Staff Member

dmandrews wrote:
    Aswe have more and more seasons in the ORFFA the importance of the decisions we make on who we delist is going to become even more important. Ain't that the truth... Is it only me that cares more about ORFFA than supercoach now? I'm seriously contemplating not entering a supercoach team next year, or if I do it will be to track the performance of a watchlist of rookies and free agents!

7. Len

I am still enjoying SC, and SC draft, but next year I won't be doing DT or Centrebet. It's too hard to do forward planning for that many teams and it's affecting my outcomes..
    This is the comp I spent my emotional currency in though..

8. graeme

graeme Guest

Completely agree with you Banditto and yet (ironically) with my vastly improved knowledge of players from clubs other than Essendon I may well be in a position to perform better than ever - go figure. That said I am enjoying the draft games especially when I see that I can track the Waikiks performance by trying to replicate that team in a draft league.
    ORFFA though is now the centre of my afl interest.

9. TerryinBangkok

TerryinBangkok Moderator Staff Member

Gee you guys are sweet.

10. anthak

anthak Moderator Staff Member

Lenh191 wrote:Done, and done :) Only 5 picks left, plenty of healthy players left for Snoz...... Sorry folks! I somehow misinterpreted this msg and thought Snoz was up next. I was hoping he'd pick last night so I could get to mine :)But, I've just realised that I have pick 32...I'll make my selection sometime in the next few hours.

11. Len

TerryinBangkok wrote:
    Gee you guys are sweet. I can hear you 'tearing up' from here :)

12. Len

anthak wrote:
    Lenh191 wrote: Done, and done :) Only 5 picks left, plenty of healthy players left for Snoz...... Sorry folks! I somehow misinterpreted this msg and thought Snoz was up next. I was hoping he'd pick last night so I could get to mine :)But, I've just realised that I have pick 32...I'll make my selection sometime in the next few hours. No worries, I was just referring to his need for fit playing players, and how many of them were still left, including some discussed here...
    I was about to send you a note :)

13. anthak

i cant believe how many good options there are still available!! tough decision.

14. chris88

dmandrews wrote: Chris, I am satisfied with the six players Cradle Mountain have delisted and eight draft selections in 2013 with one exception -delisting Lachie Hunter. Early in the season he was in the VFL reserves and looked to be a fair way off the pace too make an impact at AFL level in the short-termbut after averaging 26.4 disposals a game in the TAC Cup last year I shouldn't have delisted him after half a season. I wasn't expecting him to make his AFL debut as quickly as he did so as soon as I heard mid last week that he he was going to debut for the Bulldogs last night I knew I had made a mistake in delisting himbutone I will be able to learn from. Aswe have more and more seasons in the ORFFA the importance of the decisions we make on who we delist is going to become even more important. Well done Chris, it looks like you have got a good player in Hunter. Reckon you are spot on about the 'investment' we have in this game mate - I really couldn't care a lot about SC right now - don't mind the draft ... but this is the comp that takes a lot of my time now. Love it and the challenges it entails. As for Hunter - I reckon we've all got regrets - I've got a couple from this year already - not drafting Thurlow when I could've, and trading Tomlinson. This is mainly because the guy I kept in the latter situation and drafted ahead of Thurlow in the first situation - Bewick - is just a fair to middling player. Guess we all live and learn and then try not to make the same calls again!!

15. J_C

J_C Guest

TerryinBangkok wrote: And Jesse White's [span style='color: #ff0000;]28 SC points on debut for the Birds will not endear him to his new coach, nor does it auger well for his JS. Meh. If he's going to score 20 odd I'd rather it be in a bye round and I picked him knowing JS was shaky with the Swans. He's a speculative pick based on a shaky assumption on my part :) . Less endearing I find, are players such as Porplyzia who wait until the bye rounds to post their first acceptable scores for the year! Other examples are Brad Ebert's season high score yesterday (I think) and Jarryn Geary's first 100 since round 2 or something. C'mon fellas - save that stuff for when it counts!! :p

16. anthak

Sorry everyone... got a bit sidetracked just then... I'd already written out this message and had forgotten to submit it!! ***********************
    Gee, this was a tough decision. Theres going to be a lot of good footballers out there not making ORFFA lists, despite the increase to 28.
    I'm going to pick Karmichael HUNT with pick #32
    I had decided to go with a youngster, but then changed my mind at the last minute, cause this guy is young to the code anyway, and probably still has his best years ahead of him.

17. snoz

snoz Moderator

Sam Dunnell Stk Mid

18. Len

Could end up being a huge get Mr Dunell

19. G-Train

G-Train Member

Ben Rutten, Crows Might need numbers back there after Chaplin injury.

20. chris88

Iron Knob has picked Mitch Clisby - but has done so in the other draft thread.