ORFFA Squad Expansion Draft Process & Thread

Discussion in 'ORFFA' started by Len, Jun 5, 2013.

1. TerryinBangkok

TerryinBangkok Moderator Staff Member

I guess when you're sitting on top of the heap you can afford to be a bit blase about the draft.

2. jimbowan

jimbowan Well-Known Member

Just keeping you admins on your toes :p
    More a case of having too many ORFFA tabs open at once most likely :)

3. Fitzy

Fitzy Guest

#36, Project Player, Elliot Kavanagh

4. Len

Len Cockburn Knightrider Staff Member

And thus concludes the drafting for 2013, thanks guys for a great buy-in and trouble free process..
    I have a few ideas I'd like to kick around re the pre-season draft so lookout for a discussion topic in the next month or so :)

5. graeme

graeme Guest

Fine work Len - well done amigo.
    One change I would like to see some discussion on for next year mid-season and possible pre-season is to have a trading halt after (say) the second round while the next weekend's fixtures take place. Later picks - and I have no problem with what happened as it was not foreseen - had the benefit of seeing some new players or becoming aware of a long term injury. It would not have changed my choices but a more even approach might be more equitable next time.

6. anthak

anthak Moderator Staff Member

That's something I was thinking about too Chels, and I reckon it could be solved by getting us all online at the same time one evening (morning for Simon) and getting the draft done in one go. When we have our draft for fantasy NBA each year, we get through about 150 picks in less than 2 hours, so it's easily achievable, and it's a lot of fun like that too. Id also like to thank Len and everyone else for cool runnings this year :) [​IMG]

7. TerryinBangkok

TerryinBangkok Moderator Staff Member

Lenh191 wrote: And thus concludes the drafting for 2013, thanks guys for a great buy-in and trouble free process.. I have a few ideas I'd like to kick around re the pre-season draft so lookout for a discussion topic in the next month or so :) Nothing deters this bloke. /Portals/0/User%20Images/can-of-worms.jpg

8. Len

idle hands :)

9. J_C

J_C Guest

So Len, this idea you'd like to kick around. I'm hoping it has something to do with rewinding a couple of weeks so I can delist the player I've just discovered is out for the season? :)

10. Len

JC wrote:
    So Len, this idea you'd like to kick around. I'm hoping it has something to do with rewinding a couple of weeks so I can delist the player I've just discovered is out for the season? :) Don't you hate soggy Fisher & chips....
    Very hopeful it will improve his 2014 tbh, as a sainter, and it's not like you lack depth :)