ORFFA Trade Period (Part 2)

Discussion in 'ORFFA' started by ChiefRussell, Jan 25, 2013.

1. ChiefRussell

ChiefRussell Well-Known Member

Hey all, Couldn't find the right place for this, so in lieu of Terry opening up the trade period yesterday prior to the delistiment and pre-season draft period I thought I would pop this up. That and I have two trades to put up for moderation. Trade 1: Foul Bay trades Jeff Garlett and Pick 39 to Venus Bay in exchange for Brock McLean and Pick 44 Trade 2: Foul Bay trades Sam Wright and Pick 36 to Larrakin Lagoon in exchange for Bernie Vince and Pick 27 Keep the trades coming people :) CR

2. graeme

graeme Guest

Powlett Plains trade Tayte Pears and Nathan Fyfe to the Waikikamookou Incorrigibles for Troy Chaplin and Tom Bellchambers.

3. ChiefRussell

Wow! Blockbuster. Might be one of the bigger trades in ORFFA history thus far.

4. graeme

graeme Guest

But not without risk on both sides Chief. TBH it is bloody difficult to know how to value a player who has real potential but who has a history of injuries. I may have paid too much, but if Fyfe fires and stays injury free he is a bargain. If the shoulder goes I get the wooden spoon. I am not sure the mean of these two extreme events makes a lot of (valuation) sense in trying to strike a deal.
    BTW, P'raptor is an absolute gentleman to deal with.

5. ChiefRussell

I understand the deal from both sides...Prap needed a ruck desperately with only Jolly really on the list and also needed to get some quality in defence in with all of his better players in that area in the 30 years old bracket. Anytime you can trade to get Nathan Fyfe on your list, you have to do it. Your midfield has a nice look to it now Chels!

6. TerryinBangkok

TerryinBangkok Moderator Staff Member

ChiefRussell wrote:Anytime you can trade to get Nathan Fyfe on your list, you have to do it. /Portals/0/User%20Images/crying.jpg Just assumed he was untouchable.

7. Fitzy

Fitzy Guest

The Birdsville Battlers and Venus Bay Vultures have come to an agreement which involves Birdsvilles' Malceski and Petrenko being traded to the Bay in return for Brent Moloney and Karmichael Hunt.

8. ChiefRussell

Nice trade that addresses needs for both teams. Fitzy, given the way you are addressing needs at both ends of the ground, I can see the odds makers bringing you in a point or two (as much as you wanted to fly under the radar).

9. Fitzy

Fitzy Guest

Yeah I thought it was a pretty good trade for both of us, fills some of my holes that's for sure! Looking forward to seeing the odds :)

10. J_C

J_C Guest

Cheers CR. We both thought it worked out ok for both parties. I was after a mid to fill Sam Iles' spot and output. Moloney seemed a reasonable option without having to give up too much.

11. chris88

chris88 1000 Monkeys at 1000 Typewriters Staff Member

Ooh, trade time. Hurrah! Anyone interested in any of the Dirigibles - feel free to get in touch and make an offer.

12. G-Train

G-Train Member

chels wrote:
    BTW, P'raptor is an absolute gentleman to deal with. As is chels, but we all knew that already. :)

13. G-Train

G-Train Member

Listening to offers for Luke Hodge. Ideally I'd like a forward in return, less than 27 years of age. Peace.

14. snoz

snoz Moderator

Gundagai & Waikkamoocow announce a trade thats been in the works for........well.....a day or two anyway. Waikk send the two Sam's........Mitchell & Docherty to the Tuckerbox in exchange for Matty Wright & Stewart Cramieri

15. chris88

Wondering if anyone could point me in the direction of somewhere on the web that contains info about the player positional changes for 2013. I'm sorting through my team and have noted a couple of changes, but am keen to ensure I have everything right so I know exact numbers F/M/D/R.Thanks!

16. chris88

Also - Looking for a backman more than anything. Most of my players are on the table outside of about a half dozen ... ho would also end up on the table if the deal was good enough.Probably wouldn't mind an extra midfielder too if possible. If anyone wishes to trade a draft pick to me for a player, then I'll listen as well!Send me your offers and we can chat.PS - I've got a full listing of my team, with trade possibilities, in my Darraweit Guim Dirigibles team thread.

17. graeme

graeme Guest

Thanks for your patience sNoZ, you got a couple of cracking players in the two Sams. It hurt me to make Sam M available, but he just had to go to strengthen the forward line.
    Not all choices are easy in life or fantasy. I will keep my promise to Sam that his next birthday (October 12) will be as wild as his 30th which was celebrated in the Bulls Indoor Bowling Club's rooms (see my avatar for a pic of the clubrooms).

18. Len

Len Cockburn Knightrider Staff Member

chris88 wrote:
    Also - Looking for a backman more than anything. Most of my players are on the table outside of about a half dozen ... ho would also end up on the table if the deal was good enough.Probably wouldn't mind an extra midfielder too if possible. If anyone wishes to trade a draft pick to me for a player, then I'll listen as well!Send me your offers and we can chat. I am overstocked in backmen chris, have a look and see if there are any you are interested in, I wouldn't find an extra fwd or two.

19. chris88

Lenh191 wrote:chris88 wrote:Also - Looking for a backman more than anything. Most of my players are on the table outside of about a half dozen ... ho would also end up on the table if the deal was good enough.Probably wouldn't mind an extra midfielder too if possible. If anyone wishes to trade a draft pick to me for a player, then I'll listen as well!Send me your offers and we can chat. I am overstocked in backmen chris, have a look and see if there are any you are interested in, I wouldn't find an extra fwd or two. Shall do mate, shall be in touch.

20. chris88

Well, after a solid day of negotiations and a potential trade that spiralled to include 8 players and four draft picks, Venus Bay and Darraweit Guim have settled on what is hoped will be a mutually beneficial deal: Darraweit Guim trades Jeremy Howe to Venus Bay for James Frawley. There you have it!