ORFFA

Discussion in 'ORFFA' started by Xenomorph, Apr 26, 2012.

1. anthak

anthak Moderator Staff Member

<blockquote>Quote from Xenomorph on April 26, 2012, 18:58
    Gentlemen - I propose that the draft goes live tonight at 24:00.

You have 24 hours to make your pick after the previous pick, but seriously, keep an eye on things and try to make it much quicker than that.

Should you not do so, the next highest average player (from 2011 scores)will be force drafted to you. It will take a natural disaster to bend this rule so be advised.

Cradle Mountain, you are first cab off the rank.

The sooner the drafting is done the sooner we start playing.

Where would a suitable place be if anyone can think of a suggestion? I don't want it to be editable like a forum.</blockquote>We should get it goi on main page. I can open a thread later tonight if you want?

2. Xenomorph

Xenomorph Moderator

Best would be a live dedicated chat.

I have put a dedicated thread on ORFFL page for draft- so go for it.

3. tAdmin

tAdmin Guest

Add chat.

4. Bandit

Bandit Moderator Staff Member

<blockquote>Quote from Xenomorph on April 26, 2012, 15:38
    Actually Bandit with some pause for mature reflection that is probably not appropriate.

I appreciate that you are trying to work the whole rectal angle thing, but you need to be a bit more subtle.

If we didn't have to identify Charlie's colour it might get home.</blockquote>

Chairman, it is actually an Australian place name... So I dare say if it is good enough for google it is good enough for the ORRFA but happy to change

5. Xenomorph

Xenomorph Moderator

Fair point, Bandit. Just don't want to offend anyone unnecessarily. Not that I think you're trying to.

Grateful for your flexibilty in changing names to satisfy perhaps overly PC Commish.

6. Nick

Nick Well-Known Member

So why do players played out of position score 1/2?

Can you give me an example? Think I'm good with the rest of the rules.

7. port_leschenault

port_leschenault Administrator Staff Member

You only have 3 Defenders who are named but you have all your forwards fit and selected. In order to avoid the :donut: you move one of your Forward listed players into Defense. Because (presuming) he doesn't have MPP he scores only half points, because he's not a defender!

8. Tino

Tino Member

The OOP players kill you. (Just ask the coaching staff at the PBR).

Makes you draft well rounded teams instead of loading up on one position.

9. BigLance

BigLance New Member

Jeez its been a dramatic 14 hours since i went to work last night!

10. walesy

walesy Administrator Staff Member

Yeah, I was gunna say the same thing!~ :D

Xen, make sure you keep me in the loop of what I need to do-

Splitting the ORFFL from the AFL subsection into it's own keeper league section, and firing up an ORRFA section seems like step #1.

Hooking up an ORFFA.php and ORFFL_Admin equivelent of the ORFFL version is also going to need to happen.

If you want me to hook you up with a chat page, just yell out when you want it and I'll fire one up.

11. Xenomorph

Xenomorph Moderator

Good Morning Chief.

Live chat would be fantastic anytime it is convenient for you. How long can we keep it open for as this may take a while?

All other measures look great to me - I probably should have asked you if it was OK first really...

It all snowballed pretty quickly yesterday though.

Thanks for your assistance and sorry to make extra work for you! ;)

12. walesy

walesy Administrator Staff Member

No probs mate, I just hooked up a new ORRFA subforum.

Oh, and I gave you a sceptre- so you have full powers over the forum now. (Feel free to migrate things to the ORRFA forum in your own time.)

I put up the post: http://tooserious.net/orffa-draft-thread with the live chat, it's currently streaming through the team chat channel, so it should be uninterrupted til next Thursday. :D

I set up ORRFA_Admin as a new account (though no ORFFA.php page yet!). You'll probably want to do the instructions in this thread: http://tooserious.net/forum/afl-group2/orffl-forum13/orffl-admin-thread1428 as the draft is going on, means you won't need to dump every team into the system all at once at the end!

13. Nick

Nick Well-Known Member

<blockquote>Quote from port_leschenault on April 27, 2012, 00:03
    You only have 3 Defenders who are named but you have all your forwards fit and selected. In order to avoid the :donut: you move one of your Forward listed players into Defense. Because (presuming) he doesn't have MPP he scores only half points, because he's not a defender!</blockquote>

Ahh i see. So you can move players around regardless of position to cover a donut but they score half if OOP. Unless of course they are DPP in which case they score as per normal.

Definite new strength to DPPs.

14. Lucas

Lucas Moderator Staff Member

Gotta say I think it's fairer to do the following - ORFFA might be able to do it

1 to 18 from first to last
    19 to 36 from last to first
    Then...
    37 to 54 from LAST to FIRST
    55 to 72 from FIRST to LAST

Then repeat
    e.g.
    73 to 90 from first to last...

This I believe is the best and fairest approach, rather than the full snake which I think slightly advantages top teams. (Doesn't help when you put Relton in charge of your fitness though)

15. port_leschenault

port_leschenault Administrator Staff Member

Omg Lucas, wasn't that something I brought up on twitter in late Feb? :D

16. tAdmin

tAdmin Guest

And didn't I supply you with the maths on that P_L? ;)

17. Bandit

Bandit Moderator Staff Member

Chairman... how about we leave it at the non-racial version... I have grown quite attached to Charlie's Opening :)

18. TerryinBangkok

TerryinBangkok Moderator Staff Member

Suggestion:

Why don't we have a Draft Day (next Wednesday) from 0900 to 2100 AEST? All 18 should be online (sometime during those hours). It is not that difficult to guess roughly when your turn will come up, within about 10 places. Everyone should aim for 4 picks within that 12 hour time frame.

Just think this might boost it along a little if we are still aiming for a R6 start. Don't have any bright ideas what to do about school or bingo though.

19. Fitzy

Fitzy Guest

People have work or school in my case, wouldn't be better to have it after work/school time?

20. dmandrews

dmandrews Well-Known Member

I think having a Round 6 start for the ORFFA is unrealistic. For all 26 rounds of the draft to be completed by the end of Thursday next week the ORFFA would need to get through more than four rounds of the draft per day. At the moment it is roughly two rounds per day, I think it is more likely that the ORFFA will be able to start in Round 7.