ORFFA

Discussion in 'ORFFA' started by Xenomorph, Apr 26, 2012.

1. Xenomorph

Xenomorph Moderator

BB right on both as I understand it.

We can have a vote on it after this round if we feel that we don't like the rule as it stands.

These sort of things will emerge as we play.

2. chris88

chris88 1000 Monkeys at 1000 Typewriters Staff Member

So in the Cooney situation, what score will Philosoraptor get? Will it be lowest scoring emergency?

Definitely something to consider at the end of the year in regards to rules.

3. 0 for Coons.

The thinking behind this was it prevented people from just loading up their I/C E to cover all their players, but I'm thinking having the players position E coming on could solve this.

Makes it unfair to PR if it's changed after this week though, as he would cop the 0 but no-one else would for the same thing afterwards.

4. chris88

Not sure if we should have a vote on it until the end of the year. Not fair to be changing the rules midstream, especially if our thinking dinosaur friend is affected when no one else is after the rule change.

5. TerryinBangkok

TerryinBangkok Moderator Staff Member

Simply an observation, but personally I have been regarding this round, in fact this season, as a bit of a warm up. Think we possibly had two who did not enter teams, some snafus over benches and EMG, when to trade and how to trade and how to sanction trades. Plus nobody told me the Birdsville Battlers couldn't swim. Pretty normal first time out. So suggest a bit of leniency early on, then button down tight when it is clear most of us have got the hang of this thing.

One thing we (and indeed ORFFL) might give some thought to is how to set up a board on this thread so we can monitor progress of matches. Requires access to teams submitted for the week and SC scores will likely have to be entered manually. We could perhaps set up a roster of coaches to do this, or there might be some kindly soul who has access to SC Gold and live updates. What would resolve it/make it easier is if someone with such access also had access to the live scores on chat and could input real time SC scores at the end of each qtr, instead of walesy's software formula (not knocking that and think work on getting it better should progress). It would also save generous people like Jason having to post it on the chat all the time.

Thoughts?

6. Len

Len Cockburn Knightrider Staff Member

<blockquote>Quote from BlueBeliever on May 14, 2012, 12:16
    1. No

I have had Curnow last week and Cooney this. I/C is a seperate line but the ORFFL will be voting on this issue post-season to assess whether the players position E should come on if no I/C E named.

2. Yes</blockquote>

Is that due to there being a widely held belief in the ORFFL that it should/could be done better BB?

It does seem odd to me that a player named to play can't be covered by an emergency as I thought that was their purpose, with the IC scoring in full I assumed they would be deemed players for that round.
    I don't mind either way but would prefer to avoid any no-essential rule changes before seasons end.

I understood from the way the 2nd question was framed that PR meant if he were to change it post lockout, clearly I was the only one :)

7. Len

<blockquote>Quote from TerryinBangkok on May 14, 2012, 13:02
    One thing we (and indeed ORFFL) might give some thought to is how to set up a board on this thread so we can monitor progress of matches. Requires access to teams submitted for the week and SC scores will likely have to be entered manually. We could perhaps set up a roster of coaches to do this, or there might be some kindly soul who has access to SC Gold and live updates. What would resolve it/make it easier is if someone with such access also had access to the live scores on chat and could input real time SC scores at the end of each qtr, instead of walesy's software formula (not knocking that and think work on getting it better should progress). It would also save generous people like Jason having to post it on the chat all the time.

Thoughts? </blockquote>

It would be nice Terry, I have gold and the Hun pay access so would be happy to assist, it would need at least 3 or 4 willing people and a portal to work though?

8. Len

<blockquote>Quote from chris88 on May 14, 2012, 12:50
    Not sure if we should have a vote on it until the end of the year. Not fair to be changing the rules midstream, especially if our thinking dinosaur friend is affected when no one else is after the rule change.</blockquote>

Yeah, I kind of agree, and not really fair to PR's opponent if we change it this week and it affects an outcome..

9. G-Train

G-Train Member

If we think the rule is better for rest of season, just adopt it now so I get the score. :)
    Nungas might not be happy about that though if it means me winning the round by a couple of points.
    Perhaps for next season when an Interchange drops out pre-game the lowest scoring emergency score counts, regardless of position?

10. Widely held by me. And that way is if no I/C E is named and an I/C player misses (lets say a mid), then the position of that players E (in this case mid) will come on for them instead. Haven't discussed it or thought much past there though, our vote (ORFFL) will be post-season

11. chris88

Simply put -we look at Supercoach itself.

If someone drops out, then an emergency from that line (Def,Mid,Ruck,Fwd) comes in as cover. If there's no emergency covering that line, doughnuts ahoy.

12. Xenomorph

Xenomorph Moderator

Yep, consensus so far is that it will be looked at season's end.

Forget what I said about voting after this round as it wouldn't be fair to our thoughtful dinosaur if we changed it after it was applied this week to him.

Some thing to think about for next year.

13. G-Train

G-Train Member

That being said, if I win or lose by more than I would have received, I am happy to have it changed for next round. We are a more progressive group than that other mob.

14. Len

<blockquote>Quote from Xenomorph on May 14, 2012, 13:57
    Yep, consensus so far is that it will be looked at season's end.

Forget what I said about voting after this round as it wouldn't be fair to our thoughtful dinosaur if we changed it after it was applied this week to him.

Some thing to think about for next year.</blockquote>

How far off are you with the official outcomes X?

I tried to to check but it has rolled to this week..

I know your's and my score, but am keen to see the others :)

15. Jason

Jason Moderator Staff Member

I'd be keen to see what the top score in the ORFFA was for Round 7 myself too. Did anyone go higher than 1355?

16. anthak

anthak Moderator Staff Member

<blockquote>Quote from Jason on May 16, 2012, 10:47
    I'd be keen to see what the top score in the ORFFA was for Round 7 myself too. Did anyone go higher than 1355?</blockquote>
    My opponent, Chris88, scored over 1500... absolutely flogged me :)

17. ORFFA_Admin

ORFFA_Admin New Member

Hello peeps, it's only me sneaking in as Admin. The folks over at ORFFL have been mopping their collective brows a bit since our arrival on the scene. Here is a small taste:

Lucas
    Hornsy, we need to get the posts happening, the ORFFA has already overtaken us.
    I think it's a Man City thing, jumping on the bandwagon, but the loss of the Jar, the whining over scaling and the propensity for forward line players to get injured is certainly proving to make our league less commented on than our rivals.
    Time to reassert some authority I think.

Hornsy
    Thirdly, quantity of posts does not equal quality of post. You would do well to remember that, but I dare say you'll never concede this point while you're leading this meaningless race. Regardless, I am quietly content with both the quality of posting and the overall level of competition in the ORFFL.
    As far as comparisons go, Terry thinks it's beneath me to speak honestly on matters which are not of direct concern to me. While I don't for a minute share Terry's hierarchical view of the world, I respect my own propensity to cause mayhem when I choose to write truths unfettered by levity.
    So I concentrate my energy on maintaining the greatest keeper league in the land, and let those actions and outcomes speak for themselves.

Phantom Robbo
    Make that 4 Lucas. And stop tinkering with the post meter.
    Kudos to Xenomorph that he has constructed a league, still barely in it's infancy, that already has you pair looking over your shoulders.
    An ounce of common sense and you would see that a fair proportion of the posts in ORFFL are from ORFFA coaches. As for quality of ORFFA posts, that is in the eye of the beholder. Good or bad, it undeniably indicates level of interest and that is perhaps something that you should address to your coaches who shy from the public eye.
    I won't pretend to comprehend what H. is on about with truth and honesty and the best method for its delivery, but I will repeat this; Hornsy is regarded as the father of the outer regional concept. As such he is placed above rivalry as far as ORFFA is concerned. Sarah Island remains the original - all the rest mere imitation.
    To develop a rivalry between leagues is all good. But until such time as that can be translated into trans-league competition, it seems a waste of good posts to me.

Interesting times or people with nothing better to do?
    Our focus needs to be getting a round review up on the front page, but we are new at this.

18. Fitzy

Fitzy Guest

When will the results be up?!?!?!?!

19. tAdmin

tAdmin Guest

Hey Admin,

I've respectfully stayed clear of the ORFFA since the events of the other week. Might be wise if you did likewise.

H.

20. TerryinBangkok

TerryinBangkok Moderator Staff Member

<blockquote>Quote from Fitzy on May 16, 2012, 15:50
    When will the results be up?!?!?!?!</blockquote>

You still haven't done them????